You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Mr. Karl

Real Ghost Stories

Mr. Karl

 

Mr. Karl is an older man (I think) that is living in my former residence where my daughter still resides. I'm not 100% sure when he showed up but it seems to be when my husband and I were going through some difficult times in our relationship and we lived apart for a few years. I remained in the home with our daughter.

I've never seen him and I don't think I've heard him (the voice I heard is a different story, same house) but since I've been aware of him, it's as if I could sense him around somehow. The same with the name, I get the impression his name is Karl. I have no clue if it's with a "C" or a "K" I seem to think "K". I don't know if it's his first or last name so I play it safe and go with Mr., so either way I'm being respectful.

There were some strange events in that house and I really don't know if he had anything to do with it but often times things that should have creeped me out didn't.

When my husband and I reconciled, I moved out of the townhouse and now my daughter remains there with her many pets. At that time she had 2 cats, 1 big dog and a turtle. All rescues, including the turtle. But when I left, that's when crazy stuff started to happen.

At first it was something simple. She would leave on the lights and find them off or vice versa. Your first thought is typically "oh, I thought I left it on/off, I guess I didn't." Not a big deal. But it happened a lot and you do start to notice whether you did or didn't. Objects would be moved and found where it made no sense for them to be. She would come home and find the heat had been on, with the thermostat turned all the way up in both the living room and what was my bedroom. No one was staying in that room yet.

S would be downstairs and hear noises from upstairs, as if I were still there. The animals, sans the turtle, would go in there to hang out since there was a big unoccupied bed to lounge on. Suddenly they would come running down all 3 scared, looking behind them as if they were being chased. The cats were fluffed up and the dog would have his hackles up. This happened on several occasions and it was really starting to make her angry and a little bit scared. She even tried talking to him, telling him I had moved and wasn't there anymore. Finally she had enough and called me to ask if I could come over and talk with Mr. Karl.

At first I felt kind of silly. I've said things to spirits, but just simple sentences like "please stop, you're scaring me", never an entire one way conversation. So I went over after work and upstairs into my old bedroom. I told him had been a good protector, how I always felt safe when I would sense him around, but he is not allowed to scare the pets or especially my daughter. I had moved and he if wanted to come with me he could but I was pretty sure my mother and aunt were there also. They both died in my current home. That's another story. Things quieted down for her quite a bit afterward.

About 2 years later I was at my daughter's home alone, just the pets and me and I was wondering if Mr. Karl was still there. So I asked! "Mr. Karl, are you still here?" Immediately the dog turned around and started to whimper. It kind of made me laugh and I said "I asked if you were here, not 'please scare the dog'". For some reason that gives me some comfort to know he is still there.

Other hauntings by OCGirl

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, OCGirl, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-09)
What a neat experience - it reminds me of a spirit I once interacted with who lingered on to look after the house he built with such care and hope for the future - we got on just fine. I rather like the sound of your Mr. Karl - he seems like a man with his own opinions but a good egg at heart. He seems to have found a place where he's content.

Cheers,
-Gus
ashar123 (6 stories) (168 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-30)
First of all we never know a spirit is manvolent or benevolent so Mr. Karl may become dangerous in the near future. You should investigate about the house and his history.

Thanks for sharing!
Mimi81 (203 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-07-27)
OCGirl, Mr. Karl definitely sounds like a jerk. I'm glad you were able to get him to stop.
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-07-27)
OCGirl- Oh wow did our "guest" respond 😆 Ours was a button pusher most of the time. Hence the smoke alarm response. I have written at least six stories of their (not sure how many there actually were) antics. Some of them include "Active time", "Sophie's Story", "Indoor Activities" 😆 😆 and let's not forget "Taps, Tinks, and Toots" It is a quite unusual and funny one. It's last response was an unfortunate on for me personally. It occurred as we were almost completely packed to move from the location. "It/They" obviously didn't like the idea of us leaving. "Exit Wounds" was the last response I received from "It/Them".

Sorry my response was so long. Glad you were able to calm Mr. Karl down. Looking forward to your next share.
OCGirl (4 stories) (64 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-07-26)
Thanks for your comments, Wish-Not & Mimi81.

Wish-not, I agree, make me angry, I have problem no problem calling you out, dead or alive! Did your "guest" ever respond to you in some fashion?

Mimi81 - It's really hard to say. We never had that occur before with the pets, weird stuff that they reacted to (barking or hissing), but not the pets being frightened. Really it was kind of a jerk move on his part. Maybe he was angry or upset that there was a change. Fortunately after my conversation with him it stopped.
Mimi81 (203 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-07-25)
This is an interesting account. Do you think Mr. Karl was angry about you moving and took it out on your daughter and her pets?
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-07-25)
OCGirl- I completely understand the feeling of "feeling" silly when it comes to talking to the invisible guest. I started conversing with ours and felt pretty dumb. 😆 However when they pissed me off I had no trouble in letting them know how I felt. Like when they messed with the smoke alarm or gave our little dog Sophie a hard time.

Great story, thanks for sharing

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: