You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Camping

Real Ghost Stories

Camping

 

Scotland Glasgow July 2004, five 16 year olds out camping in the woods. I was the youngest only had 2 bottles of cider. Around 2am, being rowdy within a residential area, the police came. We ran off in different directions. I was left with one other friend. I suggested we try and find the rest of our party at the camp site. We arrived at camp but no one was there.

I suggested that I stay at the tents whilst my friend headed out to find our friends. He agreed but said he'd only be away max 30 minutes to avoid leaving me there alone too long.

I tried to get some sleep. Before dozing off I hear a very clear, softly spoken voice which said "Go home". I had a look around but there was no one around. After searching the area with a force, I shrugged this off as a possible dream and tried to go back to sleep.

A couple of minutes passed and I heard it again. This time the voice was shouting, very loud in my ear. "GO HOME! GO HOME NOW!" I also felt an overpowering presence on top of me pinning my shoulders to the ground. I could not see anyone. After around 5 times of repeating itself, I shouted "Ok ok, I'll go!" It immediately stopped. I grabbed my things and left the site in a hurry and I went home.

My friend who had left did catch up with my friends and they headed back to the tents around 15 minutes later. They arrived to find the tents on fire.

They were terrified thinking I was still in the tents. They managed to put it out, finding burnt money, etc.

None of us smoke or had any equipment to light a fire.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Celtic1888, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Aliendewd (6 stories) (22 posts)
+1
4 years ago (2020-09-25)
Was this voice a local accent?
This is quite an interesting story.
Did you ever discover who set fire to the tents?
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-09-11)
Celtic

You were lucky to be warned to get out of the tent and to go home. What worries me is who would burn up the tents? Why didn't you just get out of the tent and hide or go in the direction your friend went to find your other friends so they didn't think you were in the tent. I can imagine the fright they had thinking you were burning.

Regards
Red
roylynx (guest)
+1
8 years ago (2016-09-11)
Hum, I have heard of "land spirits" from the tribe of my grandmother, it is believed that in any land, any forest and any seas there will be spirits owning it. Not because it is a burial ground or something bad had happened, but it is that the spirits had been there since ages ago.

Creepy yet interesting.

Blessing from São Paulo

E.Lynx
PriyankaMenon (2 stories) (41 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-09-09)
wow very few are lucky to be warned in advance. That voice could be some angel who is protecting you.
You should thank that angel.
OCGirl (4 stories) (64 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-09-08)
Hi Celtic188

How creepy! Sounds like a guardian angel of sorts. Perhaps they knew what was going to happen however it did happen.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: