You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Camping Experience Gone Wrong

Real Ghost Stories

Camping Experience Gone Wrong

 

When I was 11 years old, my school held a 2 days and 1 night camping experience in the school. It's a Chinese school in Masai, Johor, Malaysia. I'd rather not reveal the name of the school. The camping experience was held only for the 11 year old students or as according to the Malaysian education system, standard 5 students. There were exactly 229 students in the 5th standard, boy and girls together.

The afternoon went well, as well as half of the night. At 10:00PM (Malaysian Time), we were having a barbecue session. I have a large group of friends, consisting of 32 friends, boys and girls of different cultures and religions. My 6 best friends and I are usually the type people to jump headfirst into any supernatural situation but that night even we were shocked to the core.

That night had been a "Malam Jumaat" which means Thursday night, it is usually believed by Malaysians that ghosts are extremely active and love to wander and disturb people the most on Thursday nights more than any other normal night.

I remember making howling sounds out of nowhere just to remind my friends that it was a Thursday night. It was all fun and laughs that is... Until Amirah one of my 6 best friends, screamed suddenly and said that there were red eyes looking at us front the store room bell tower on top of the office building. Not only had she seen it but also a few other Chinese students had spotted it as well, although when she screamed at us to look, there wasn't anything there.

That was when all of us students felt a chill run down our spines. The teachers didn't notice our silent panicking at all. All of us students were silently panicking, having that gut feeling that something was wrong.

Behind us was the block containing the standard 6 students' classrooms, it was the darkest building there at the moment. Some of us turned completely, some stood up and walked closer to the building to get a closer look, others were only sending glances, either wishing to catch a glance of something or nothing at all but just doing it to appear brave.

I was one of the ones to move closer to the building to get a closer look yet alas, I found nothing.

Instead when I looked at the block building which contained our classrooms and the 3rd standard students' classrooms and looked at the 4th floor's 5th classroom at the ending of the hallway on the left beside the girls toilet, I saw a woman with messy long black hair covering her face, wearing a long white dress which was bloodstained and she was looking directly at all of us, students.

The scariest part about it was that... That was my classroom.

I stood shocked at the sight. Some people ran away towards the tents in the arenas, some people started screaming and crying, some people ran to the toilet out of fright with friends.

My group and a few other group of friends were still there at the barbecue area. The teachers told us to just continue eating at the camping area which is the big assembly hall for the girls and the small assembly hall for the boys.

That was a night I could never ever forget. We all saw that woman, it certainly scared all of us. But luckily, it didn't disturb any of us at all other than that scene that night.

After that, there were rumours that started circling the school saying that the ground the school was built on was a graveyard, then it became a mental hospital before becoming our school.

I don't believe in those rumours seeing as the ones that spread them had no solid proof but I know what I saw that night with my own eyes. There was a ghost woman standing in my classroom.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Anis_Far_Min, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

apislaw (1 posts)
 
4 years ago (2020-08-09)
hey anis. I making the voice video for your STORY. I will give u the link later ehh
valkricry (49 stories) (3270 posts) mod
+4
4 years ago (2020-06-30)
Augusta, It's funny you should bring it up at this time, because I just had a very similar conversation with Jubeele about that. She said that spirits like that are very common in the Asian culture, have been for centuries.
I did find this interesting tid-bit on the net:
Https://www.thecinemaholic.com/the-ring-true-story/
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-06-30)
First off, let me say that the following thought is not put down in effort to discredit the OP's account - not in the least, I see no reason not to take what the OP has related at face value. I just wonder about the specific appearance of the apparition - young girl, soiled long white dress, face covered with long straggly black hair. She seems to be an entity or entity type as common these days as the seemingly ubiquitous "white lady." The first time I recall any reference to an entity with that specific set of characteristics was in the movie "The Ring." From a sociological standpoint, it would be interesting to assess the frequency of sitings of entities fitting that description before versus after that movie. I don't mean that everyone reporting having seen "her" is necessarily faking - sure some may be but, as for the rest, I wonder if the image created by Hollywood (and reinforced numerous times in film and TV since "The Ring) has informed how we view and perceive the paranormal in these cases - possibly even to the extent that our own psychological constructs have altered the manifestation of these entities. Just a thought!
Alina5 (3 stories) (136 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-06-27)
Hello Anis_Far_Min,

I'm actually quite surprised that even with a bunch of 11 year olds screaming, running away and crying, the teachers and the school officials seemed to be unbothered of the entire scene. It kind of justifies Lady-glow and VeronicaMarie's point of this whole set-up being a prank.

Did anyone reported the teachers or any adult present there of this woman?

If it were a prank only for the amusement of kids on their camping, why didn't they reveal it after it was done. There is no point in keeping it a suspense only to encourage the rumours.

How large is the buliding for kids to be able to precisely detect the location of the "so-called ghost"?

You indeed had a strange experience nonetheless.

Peace
valkricry (49 stories) (3270 posts) mod
+2
4 years ago (2020-06-26)
Lady-glow,
You must've missed the line where Anis says, "I don't believe in those rumours seeing as the ones that spread them had no solid proof but I know what I saw that night with my own eyes." By the way, I'm in shock😳 unlike you to miss anything!😊
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-06-26)
"There were exactly 229 students"

I'm sure that there was at least one, if not more, practical joker among that many kids.

Have you checked the history of the place? Was it really built over a burial ground and later a psychiatric institution or are those only rumors?

In my opinion, it's hard to confirm if the woman was a ghost or just someone playing a prank on the students, but doesn't seem like the adults got worried, - could that mean that they were aware of a prank?

Anyway, it seems like you had a memorable time at the camp.
VeronicaMarie (5 stories) (106 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-06-26)
Hi, Anis_Far_Min,

Is it possible that the woman wasn't a ghost, but a woman in costume as part of a joke that was played on you kids, to add to the scary atmosphere of an overnight camp on a night with a reputation for hauntings?
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-06-25)
Hello Anis_Far_Min and welcome to YGS,

I can't explain your sighting of the woman in a white, blood-stained dress; but, maybe I can suggest something about the eyes. Many birds, such as owls, are said to have eyes that glow a deep red color at night. Many species of rodents do; but, their eyes are usually reddish orange.

I used to live in a house in the woods of North Georgia and red eyes in the dark were extremely unsettling - even after I read up on the large variety of colors that the eyes of creatures have at night.

Hopefully, this is helpful to you.

- Maria

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: