You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: When Dreams Come True

Real Ghost Stories

When Dreams Come True

 

When I was a child, a distant relative told my mom that I was "gifted" and given the family history, my mom knew what she meant.

From an early age, I have possessed this uncanny ability to dream things that come true. Often times the dreams are pointless; just random conversations that play out word for word at some random future time. Other times, they are warnings or appear to be horrible experiences that I witness others suffering. Sometimes, I don't dream about people but about houses or buildings.

Sometimes, the time period is current while others, it is obvious that the events I'm dreaming of took place at a time that predated my own birth. Sometimes I am an active participant while other times, I am the proverbial fly on the wall. These dreams are intense, nonetheless, as I can smell and feel and hear and even read in these dreams. Often parts or all of the dreams are in color. I may know the people or places in my dreams intimately while other times, they and their locations are complete strangers.

I can't explain why I have them and thankfully they don't happen all of the time. It is just an oddity that I have accepted as part of what makes me who I am. For example, prior to the tragedy of 9/11, I kept dreaming about being at work with a specific group of people. I remember where we were standing and what each of us was wearing. In this dream, we were standing around the desk of another employee and we were watching TV. We were watching a news broadcast of a building fall. I remember the disquieting silence broken only by the occasional sob and I remember one specific employee, a very tall and typically jovial gentleman wiping tears from his face with a handkerchief embroidered with a red C. I would wake up understandably shaken and uneasy; almost as if my very core was grieved by the dream. Though I would always think how absurd the dream was because the company I worked at on the ill-fated day was a fortune 500 company and we certainly weren't allowed to stand around and watch TV. Beyond that, where would we find a TV?

Then it happened... Just like I dreamt; the same people, the same clothes, the same smells, the same location, the same actions, all of it just as I had dreamed even down to the red C on Chris's handkerchief. As it turns out, our director had brought in her own TV so that we could stay abreast of the situation throughout the day. In my dream, I never knew what led up to the building falling nor did I know what building it was that we were watching fall. That's the dilemma, I don't always get all of the details and the dreams often don't make sense even after they have come true.

Another time, in a more random dream, I was standing with my brother in the aisle of a store having a conversation about what color of markers come in a standard 8 count box. When it came true, I wondered why I would dream that moment and that seemingly useless conversation before it actually happened? It just doesn't make sense. But that's how it happens for me.

More often than not, I dream about houses and places. I've dreamt about a mountaintop camp with a high tower overlooking a large lake lined with small, dark brown cabins only to drive past that very spot several years later when I was lost and had no phone or GPS reception. Though I had never stepped foot physically on that property, I knew where the bathrooms, where the main hall with the cafeteria, the nurses office and chapel were all because I had dreamed about them.

Once, during my college way back in the early 90's, I was dating a guy who had family in rural West Virginia. Now, I had never been to West Virginia before, much less to this very remote, mountainous area where many of the homes still didn't have indoor plumbing and even some that had no electricity. The guy I was dating was quite the skeptic who refused to believe that I had dreamed about things that had actually come true. So, as we started down this very narrow one-lane road, I gasp and remarked that I had been to the little farm house we had just passed in a dream. Seeing an opportunity to challenge me, he began to ask me about the house; what did it look like on the inside, how many doors led into the house, and so on. I described the floorplan and the furniture and the hideous color of the living room. Unbeknownst to me, this was the home of one of his cousins and with devious delight he decided to prove me wrong. We turned around at the next driveway and went back to the quaint little farm house.

Imagine his shock when we walked in and it was exactly as I had described it to him just moments before. His cousin had remarked that his wife had painted the living room the hideous color after the home had been vandalized by their daughter's ex. Turned out that the ex-beau had sprayed lewd words and pictures in black spray paint along the living room wall after their break up. The hideously dark color was all they had been able to find to adequately cover the graffiti. He never doubted me again for the rest of our relationship.

Sometimes I have very vivid reoccurring nightmares. One in particular haunted me for months. In the dream, it was winter and there was a thick blanket of snow. I could hear it crunch beneath my feet as I walked. In the distance I could hear the sound of music from an old Victrola and I struggled through the cold and snow toward the scratchy music. Down in what old folks would call a holler sat a very large, white, farm house. It was almost hidden in the snow. As I got close, I started to walk in the slush made my tires and wagon wheels. The house had those very elongated and narrow windows. It was a very unfriendly looking place as icicles hung like fangs along the roofline and from the tops of the long, dark windows. There were a few chickens roosting on a bench seat on the porch. Sitting on the side of the porch, with feet so purple they were almost black was a small boy, maybe 7 with dark, unkempt hair and big, pleading eyes made darker by the circles. I asked him where his parents were and he pointed at the house. In my dream, I thought how it was too cold for him to be barefoot and I wondered why no smoke came from either chimney at the far ends of the house.

I could hear the creak of the porch and the clank of my boot as I walked toward the open door. The smell of garbage and rot was overwhelming inside the dark and dusty house. The only light was what little gray light that the windows let in. There was trash and dirty tin plates everywhere except this thin trail that led down the middle of the dark hallway. I walked passed the stairway and on into the kitchen. The table was covered with left-over food and what appeared to be homemade butter. In the sink, there was blood and what appeared to be raccoon hides. The air was filled with the coppery smell of fresh blood and I gagged. Behind me I heard a sound and it was the silent little boy. He didn't say a word, just pointed up the stairs.

I was stepping on dead flies and rat droppings and papers and God only knows what else as I climbed the stairs. It was a horribly filthy place and I wanted to vomit but something stopped me. When I reached the upstairs landing, to my left was a door nailed shut with barn wood. To my right was an open door leading to two sleeping areas separated by the open-faced fireplace that sat empty and cold. I started towards the right but I heard something behind the boards. It was faint at first but I knew it was a person. I ran to the boards and started knocking and to my horror, someone was knocking back. I could hear them and from the sound I could tell that they were female and weak. I started down the stairs to find something to use to pry those boards free and there he stood, that sad, silent little boy. He had a tear running down his face. I grabbed his shoulders in my hands and he turned his head to the left and pointed toward the front door and I would wake up. Each time my heart would be racing and I would have this fear that I needed to save the person walled up in that room. I had this dream over and over and over.

Well, I shared more than I intended but I wanted to know has anyone else has anything like this happen?

Other hauntings by TNANGEL

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Tennessee

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, TNANGEL, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2015-11-11)
TNANGEL: I'm curious, -did you ever have a dream warning you about "David" (from your other story) and his negative effect in your life?
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-11)
When I was younger I had many pre-cognitive dreams as I was told they were called. Some were of small events like people we haven't seen in a long time coming over. But there others that bothered me like plane crashes. Every time I had a dream like that and told my mother she would tell me it was a nightmare or morbid dream. One time I had a dream of a bad plane crash I told my mother but this time she believed me because she had the same dream. Three hours later the news broke that there was a bad plane crash at J.F.K.airport. It was summer time and that summer there were 2 or 3 plane crashes there. I had dreams about each one before they happened. The dream my mother and I shared the plane was
Landing and a bad down draft hit the plane and slammed it into the runway. The other dream I remember is the plane crashed short of the runway. When I got out of bed I told my mother I had a dream that a plane
Crashed short of the runway. My grandmother called and told my mother to turn the news, she knew my little sisters would be watching some kid
show. I had been in the bath room and I heard my mom say oh my God. When I was headed to the kitchen for coffee my mother was telling my grandmother about my dream. I said what happened? My mother told me that a plane crashed just like in my dream a half hour before I got up. I think that's about the time I started having insomnia because I didn't want to dream about death anymore
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-09)
Thanks for sharing, your descriptions are vivid. I also have experienced several prophetic dreams, one in particular over twenty years ago which is still vivid in my mind today (I aim to share this experience at some stage on this site). Rest assured you are not alone.

It seems that during sleep, we are able to free ourselves from our physical bodies and also free ourselves from our usual constricts of "time" as we experience it. It would appear that events in our lives are predetermined to an extent and under some conditions certain individuals blessed with psychic abilities are able to glimpse these events.

Once you have had a prophetic dream, you certainly pay a lot more attention to all your dreams! Cheers!
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-11-09)
Tnangel,

Boy did Aussie hit the nail on the head regarding the explanation of your type of dreams. You are operating on a higher frequency, vibration if you will, during sleep more consistently then the majority of the population, and operating within that 2 percent that Aussie mentioned.
I too have had my share of dreams that came true, one that involved life threatening injuries to a very dear friend of mine and another, many people died. Mine happened as I dreamed them, so the results of those dreams were made known to me almost immediately and I knew there was nothing I could have done to prevent them, which makes them different from others who dream "ahead".
For what ever reason, I seemed to have lost any or all abilities other than intuition, and some visitations in dreams by a recently deceased family member. I'm actually glad because taking care of this person before he died took up all my energy, and I need the rest!

I think people who have clairvoyance in dream state are kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place as they, like you, often don't know who is involved in the dream or where it located or, are unable to understand what to do with what they are "gifted" with. I have to admit, I was sick for a week after I dreamed of an early morning plane crash that took many lives.

As one of the other posters said you can write a journal if you care to remember them or just let them go when they happen and look at them as a radio program you just happen to pick up on while asleep and let them go. Or, you could try developing your ability in a waking state. You may be able to then use your ability to help others, if that is what you want to do.

I did learn to wake myself up from dreams that I did not want to continue, it took awhile but after a few years telling myself I will wake up from disturbing or bad dreams, before I went to bed, I was finally able to shut it off and wake up. Unfortunately I have to go through a state of mild sleep paralyses to do this.

Ps...my clairvoyant dreams were in living color as well... Vivid almost heightened colors.

Thank you for sharing, and I wish you well. It was interesting reading all the other posters experiences too, you are certainly not alone!
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-09)
Hi TNANGEL,

I've been having prophetic dreams and meditation 'visions' for about 20 years or so. Due to a current situation which has disturbed me greatly I've been avoiding submissions which touch on this topic. Because this is painful for me right now, I haven't read your entire story or many of the comments. I'm sorry if what I'm about to say has been covered already by other members.

Firstly, despite my current hardship with this, visions and dreams are a good thing. Because they show us how things will play out on a current path taken. This gives us the insight and choice to change what we can to achieve a positive outcome.

Please don't let anybody tell you a prophetic vision/dream is set in stone. It is not. We all have freewill and the right to exercise it as we see fit. Approach these dreams of yours as warnings if they are negative in nature, or congratulatory if they are positive in nature.

Never take a back seat in your life just because something was dreamed or otherwise foreseen. Freewill is constant.

Take care.
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-11-09)
TNANGEL:

I asked my freshmen class last week if anyone in the room had ever dreamed of an event, no matter how trivial, and then the event had really happened. All of them raised their hands. All of them. The phenomenon of precognitive dreaming seems to be increasing.

As I am constantly reminding people, the devil was made up a few centuries after the death of Jesus and added into the Bible retroactively in Saint Jerome's Vulgate translation. This phenomenon CANNOT be "of the devil," then, because when Peter preached about the Second Coming (recorded by Luke in chapter two of the Acts of the Apostles) the devil had not yet been incorporated into Christianity. Peter predicted that, "And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams" (Acts: 2:17, KJV). Even within the Christian framework of supernatural activities, blatant prediction in dreams, in addition to the translation of cryptic prophetic dreams (see Joseph, Potiphar, Pharaoh, Egypt,) is a POSITIVE ability, even if the predictions are unpleasant or upsetting.

By the way: how do you dream in black and white? Doesn't that get confusing? The closest I've come to doing that was dreaming (in color) that I was watching a black-and-white movie adaptation of "Show Boat." (My favorite movie, "Casablanca," is black-and-white. I love the dialogue: colors are irrelevant to the plot.)

Take Care,
Biblio.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-07)
TNANGEL this was a nice read... The realm of dream is very vast and deep... There are many people who experience that there dream became true... Even sometimes this happened with me also... But as it is said that people forget 99% dream when they woke up so on the other side there are some people who do remember the whole dream I think you are one of them... Your last dream is very scary I wish it should not be true... 😨
JerryB (8 stories) (189 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-11-06)
TNANGEL --
I must say that 9/11 stuff you speak about, that really caught my interest. I don't call myself this but 9/11 Truther has been a label some people have given folks like me that believe Tuesday, September 11, 2001 was not exactly as the official account of events would have the world believe. I won't go into the details of the differences, I'll spare YGS that confused mess, but I am interested in all the people that did die horribly that day. All those souls extinguished in nearly the exact same place at nearly the exact same time. If ghost are real, as I believe they are, seems likely 9/11 should rightly be a prime growing ground for same. And if ghost latch onto physical property, as in haunted house, and objects, I wonder what this did to the phenomenon since all the rubble, what was the buildings at the WTC, was removed? Steel for example was shipped overseas and some made into automobile parts, and soup cans, as I believe I understand. Some is in museums and some even was used to build a new battleship. Where did the ghost go do you think?
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2015-11-06)
TNANGEL basically all of my life, probably the most profound one was the premonition of my own death involving a car/truck accident. I knew the street and suburb... The following day as I avoided the street at all cost and there was a financial risk involved in taking my truck home via a three ton restrictive street for a heavy rigid vehicle just to prevent the accident... Sadly however, as I found out only after a short time later, someone else died in a car accident in that same street and suburb which probably suggest to me, the accident was not my fault...anyway, just to give you a theory on how this works in my opinion. We basically have three states of mind. Our physical mind pertains to our classical material world of which each of us have our own ego and free will to think what ever. Our sub conscious mind is where 98 percent of our dreams unfold in a way where that big old ego is let loose in the microscopic world of potentiality and don't we at times have some weird and fanciful dreams that don't make sense. But for 2 percent of the time and this is about that gift your referring to... Some people can basically return to their higher self (the third and eternal state of mind)... When people in this state dream they have the ability to see the future... As there is no linear time outside the material world, past, present and future all co exist. Your higher self can access activity in the near future and present it to you like a crystal ball, sometimes random little accounts and on other occasions more eventful...I'm just curious to ask you a question. Have you ever had a full on physical 3d dream? I'm not talking about a lucid dream, I'm talking about the reality around you is as real as the realm of earth. Forgive me if it is in your story, I'm commenting a few days later after reading your account.

Regards Daz
chapulin1234 (guest)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-05)
That is terrifying!, hope you know what to do and keep safe if that dream ever comes true!, I guess we all have dreams that turn out to be real future events, it happened to me few times when younger, some dreams are clearly past events, events that I believe are past lives of mine for sure, be well and be safe. 😳
Whodat (42 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-05)
That's amazing, but I can tell it troubles you sometimes. I believe the dream with the little boy in the hoarder's house will come true and you will know just what to do to help the person who's trapped when the time comes since you've rehearsed it in your dreams so many times. I also feel that whoever is coming in the door at the end of the dream is the person who is responsible for the house being the way it is and keeping the woman trapped behind the boards. I wonder if the reason you can't see the person is because you may know them already.
dreamer01 (1 stories) (117 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-04)
i really enjoyed your story, thank you. Much of what you said resonated very deeply with me. You might as well have been talking about me. I see it personally for myself as a double edged sword, a gift and a curse. Some times it is really freaky how actual the dream and event become.

I too dreamt of the 9/11 disaster in February of the same year. 1 week prior to the dream I had dropped off my best friend at the airport. I thought it may have been something to do with them but they made it back home safe.

I go to bed every night and say a pray of gratitude for the day I had and the dreams to come in the night. Keeping a diary is a great idea and I have been telling people to do it for years and never doing it myself but that ends today.

Take care, dreamer 😊
JustAnotherPerson (9 stories) (36 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-04)
TNANGEL- Well, this was quite the story! You have quite the gift there, dreaming stuff that will/has happened. I myself, do not think that I have your "gift" but I have had my moments growing up where I feel like I have dreamed something and it happens. Kind of like the whole deja vu - seen it happen - type of thing. I have started to write my dreams in a little "dream diary" in case a few of my realistic dreams do actually happen. I would suggest that you start writing yours down too if you have not already!

But, I will tell you, that you can use this gift to help people! 😁 This is a good thing to do. 😊
permramaan (1 stories) (27 posts)
-2
8 years ago (2015-11-03)
TNANGEL I am sorry to say like this, though it may look blessed or gifted, it is actually not. You are not supposed to look into what is going to happen in future. But still you can turn this gift into glory by helping people. Try to analyse what you have dreamt about and find the truth behind it before it happens. Though I also get such dreams (my mother had and now I am) I ignore it so that I can live my life to the fullest.
kaykay3313 (guest)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-03)
Wow that's rough I'm sorry to hear that happened to your friend and there was really nothing you could do about it except warn him. Do you try and train these abilities to become stronger? I only ask because if you have then maybe that's why your dream of the house and sad little boy keeps coming back to you. Maybe it hasn't happened yet.
TNANGEL (4 stories) (4 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-03)
Miracles51031 thank you so much for the encouragement. I use to keep a journal but my college beau thought that these dreams were "of the devil" and suggested that I destroy them. All of this after our little West Virginia experience. Thankfully, he was out of my life not so long after that trip but not after I had decided to stop journaling. I bought several with plans to write again but I haven't as yet. I'm very thankful that others seem to have this as part of their lives too.
TNANGEL (4 stories) (4 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-03)
kaykay3313, sometimes I remember dreams that don't happen, like the last one I shared. But normally, I only remember the premonition dreams because they are so vivid and realistic. I am in my 40's and this has happened as long as I can remember. It is so strange and people don't understand it. When I was a teen, I saw my friend's death 6 months before it happened. I warned him and he believed me but 6 months is a long time to remember a warning. Stranger still, the night it happened, I knew. When the call came to tell me about it, I already knew though that had never been part of the dream. Can't explain that one either.
kaykay3313 (guest)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-03)
This happens to me all the time. Actually I was just talking to my fiance about it saying it would only happen when I was younger. Well I guess I jinxed myself because the next day what I dreamed happened. Like you said I only dream little thing's like I'm talking to someone and the instance is exactly the same their shirt is the same color as it was in my dream, the light touches their eye's in the same exact way ect. The last dream I had (when it happened the next day) was my fiance and I were in traffic and this jerk cut us off. Well the next day it happened and it was the same car from my dream a white van. Now I don't ever remember my dreams unless they are the dreams that happen sometime later. Does this ever happen to you? Also when I dream I can feel the difference between a real dream or one that isn't a dream but a premonition. It's usually because my dreams can be pretty crazy and I know this could never happen in real life.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
8 years ago (2015-11-03)
TNANGEL - boy can I relate. I've been keeping a journal for 13 years and a lot of what is in my Journal are my dreams. Some of them have come true, some are yet to come.

I too can tell the difference in a normal dream and one that is relevant and going to come true at some point. It may takes years, but it'll happen. Always has. I shared one of those dreams (best one to have happen) on here that you may find interesting http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=20194

I also have those dreams that make absolutely no sense whatsoever. I'm left asking myself, and friends, why? Why could this possibly mean something to me? Just a quick example (taken from my Journal):

4/01/15 I don't think this is anything of importance at all, but at the same time it's like why? Last Wednesday night (3/25) as I was meditating Johnny Depp's face popped in. Well, hello there 😉 Back on track LOL, nothing else, just his face. I have a niece who is 9 weeks pregnant and I was trying to see if I could get a heads up on the sex of the baby. Instead I get Johnny Depp 😆 I checked with her the next morning to see if they'd watched any movies starring him lately and to see if they had picked out baby names. Went through obvious, and even less obvious, scenarios. Nothing rang a bell with her.

Monday night I was meditating and I clearly heard the name Lily. Okay 😕 Odder yet. So last night (Tuesday) I was telling Jerrica about all this and she says, "Mom, you do know Johnny Depp's daughter's name is Lily, right?" Hell no! I didn't even remember he had a daughter LOL

Still wondering if there is a connection to the baby, I saw this morning on MSN a post that Lily, Johnny Depp's daughter, is following in her mother's footsteps and hit the runway at "Chanel's 2014/15 Metiers d'Art Collection show in New York on Tuesday". Not sure why I got the heads up but LOL

Okay, that ended up a little bit longer than quick. Sorry about that. I could go on and on sharing some of my dreams with you but I'll leave you with another story I shared. This was one of my very first that scared me to death, although it wasn't a dream http://www.psychic-experiences.com/real-psychic-story.php?story=6397

If you don't keep a journal, I highly recommend it. Thank you for sharing your experiences with us and I look forward to reading more. I'm sure I'm going to think of something else I wanted to say as soon as I hit publish but work calls LOL

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: