You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: "i'm Ok, Don't Worry"

Real Ghost Stories

"i'm Ok, Don't Worry"

 

I'll start my story by saying that sometimes a spirit is the only way you'll be able to cope.

Last year my sister (I'll call her Dawn out of respect for the deceased) unexpectedly and very quickly passed away on November 8th at 1:22 in the morning. She was a very hard-headed woman. We weren't on speaking terms when she died and it still eats me up.

The day after she died, I took a bunch of 50mg Melatonin, and eventually cried myself to sleep. Then the first dream happened. I was dreaming I was in my buddy's house at the bottom of his steps, and my sister walks down and just looked at me. Keep in mind I am an Atheist so I have no idea why I asked her this, but I looked back at her and asked "Did you get into heaven?". "Yes", she replied. Then I woke up.

Fast forward about a week, and it's the night before her funeral. I dreamt I was at my girlfriend's mother's house, and for some reason the main door is opened, but the screen door is shut. Anyways I'm looking outside, and a white Durango pulled in the driveway. Out of the passenger seat steps Dawn.

"Hey that's my sister!", I screamed excitedly as I ran outside. She greeted me on the porch, and we both stand there for a second. I broke my silence and said, "wait a minute. Dawn, you died". "I know", she said as she pulled me to her and hugged me. It felt EXACTLY like my sister's hugs. Then I woke up.

Fast forward another month or so and I'm at my dad's to stay the night. We all go to bed (them in their room and me on a couch in the living room), and I wake up 3 or 4 times. The fourth time I woke up I was agitated so I sat in dad's chair which is directly across the room from the tv. I turned on my dad's lantern so I didn't have to sit in pure darkness, and it won't disturb them. I lit a cigarette, and looked at the tv.

There, staring back at me plain as day, is my sister's face. I could see her moving her mouth, but the words weren't coming from her face but yet inside my head. All I can hear over and over is "I'm ok, don't worry". Then her face faded away.

I had been trying to get the guts to off myself for weeks. That incident kept me from doing so. I haven't seen her since.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from West Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Aerix94, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Infikiran (1 stories) (15 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-12-07)
Aerix94, thank you for sharing. I had a similar experience years ago Shortly after my Papaw's death I was very distraught for I was very close to him growing up. Even though I didn't publicly display my emotions, I was hurting. I then had a dream where I saw him. He was glowing and wearing white. I don't remember him saying anything but it gave me, sort of an inner piece about it.

Over the next couple of years after that, however, my Mamaw stated several occurrences where she said she had spoken to him. She often hid it but it was obvious she was sad and lonely. They were married for more than 50 years. Shortly before she died in a car accident, she stated that she talked to him in a dream and he said that he would see her again soon. It was kind of eerie.

As far as your last sentence I do agree with everyone else and think you should seek some counseling. Killing yourself is never the answer. Life is a gift with many blessings and I'm sure your sister would not want you to do that. God bless
BlackDiamondRattlesnake (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-12-02)
Wow what a fantastic story. Clearly your deceased sister wanted to try to make up for not spending much time with you in life and also wanted you to know that she had made it to her good afterlife reward in heaven.
I believe she just wanted you to know that she was no longer upset or angry or annoyed at whatever kept you two staying seperated and wanted to make sure that she was ok and wanted you to be happy and ok with her death and with her as your sister too.

I'd consider this a very good and very peaceful connection for you from her. Your so very lucky. I know so many other people who wish that passed over family and or friends would let them know if they are ok.

Kind regards,
BlackDiamondRattlesnake aka Samantha.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2016-11-29)
OCGirl

Thank you for addressing the first sentence of the last paragraph. I was troubled by that too. Anyone who thinks of suicide after someone else's death doesn't realize it's a permanant solution to a temporary problem. It's sort of survivors guilt.

Aerix please go to a grief counseling group or a private grief counselor. Anyone who writes that in his/her story is still crying out for help.

Good luck and God Bless
Red
OCGirl (4 stories) (64 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2016-11-28)
Aerix94:

My heart goes out to you. I lost my sister a number of years ago & we weren't on speaking terms either. I very glad you were able to makes amends so to speak with your sister.

I am very troubled by your first sentence in the last paragraph "I had been trying to get the guts to off myself for weeks." It's wonderful that the encounter kept you from going through with that. I truly hope you have decided against harming yourself altogether. Life has many precious gifts that you should be experiencing.

If you still feel the need to harm yourself, please seek help. There are many resources to help you.

Thanks for sharing. Blessings to you
bhavi (7 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-11-26)
im sory for your sister... I hope she'in peace now...
Thank you for sharing 😭
DandK (11 stories) (344 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-11-26)
Aerix94, there is definitely more out there.

I believe you did indeed experience your sister reaching out to you. I've had similar experiences. I was so distraught after my husband died years ago, that for months after I felt like I had had enough and was ready for life to be over. I was very rational about it, but I didn't want to inflict my death on anyone else and could never think of a way to do it without that happening. I stopped thinking that way after my late husband intervened in my life (a separate story).
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2016-11-24)
Tissue warning!
Aerix94: I'm sorry for your loss; though I'm glad you got a chance to hug your sister once again and that she let you know she is OK.

Wherever she is, your sister loves you and is looking after you.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: