You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Do I Have Anything To Worry About?

Real Ghost Stories

Do I Have Anything To Worry About?

 

Last night I was sitting on my bed working on my computer and about 11:16 pm I felt a presence in my room and felt compelled to look up. By my closed door, which was in front and to the right side of my bed, I saw a large misshapen black smoke. It seemed to be about 5 feet high (although did not start on floor) and maybe 3 feet wide and disappeared after about 20 seconds. My dog, who was on the bed, was not responding to it and remained asleep. I did not feel scared, just curious at the time. No sound and no form that I could recognize, just felt its presence, felt like energy. How do I know if it is a positive presence?

I had several other experiences though my life as well. Twenty-five years ago I was woken up by an elderly woman at the end of my bed. I did not recognize her but her features were clear. She said to me that I should not be scared of death, that it was peaceful and beautiful. Couple days later I was outside of my home in the front and saw a black limo pull up to a home across the street and several house to my right. I was told my my next door neighbor that the woman that lived in that home had died several days before. She died the day I saw a woman at the edge of my bed.

A month later the home was for sale and I went with a friend to look at it and as soon as I walked in the front door, I saw a picture of the owner who died and she was the woman who I saw at the edge of my bed. I had never met her before. I remember this night like it was yesterday and never felt like a dream.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jesspress, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Darkangel73 (4 stories) (127 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-26)
Sounds like you have some capabilities. But for a spirit to say what that woman said would of freaked me out. Interesting story...
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-19)
Hello jesspress, welcome to YGS. As far as the black smoke like apparition is concerned, I find it difficult to comment with the dog not reacting. Secondly, I want to ask you that whether you discussed it with others in the house and if so, what was their reaction. Try to dig into the history of the house, it might give some clue. Otherwise, it is quite difficult to comment anything further, whether it is paranormal or otherwise.

I will give you a suggestion/advise. In any paranormal experience or encounter, it is your first, first, initial gut feeling that is important. If that is negative, then almost in 95% of the cases, it will be, or if you feel otherwise initially, it would be positive mostly. You can be guided accordingly.

As far as the experience that you have been woken up by the woman, who passed on in your neighbourhood on the day of her death, I go with some other posters. Even though you might not have seen her, perhaps she must have been watching you for quite some time and that she took to you and liked you and that was why she wanted to visit you when she passed on and said something really beautiful that death is really not to be scared of.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
AzraelX (8 stories) (115 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-19)
Questions - Was the lights in your room switched OFF at that particular time or where they ON?
When you stare at a display screen for quite a long time, especially in the dark, turning your attention away from the monitor or screens could cause a temporary disturbance in vision which your brain could interpret as a shape. The same happens in normally illuminated conditions also. There will be time lag between the processing of the signals by the brain and the arrival of new signals from the optic nerve of our eyes. This can lead us to believe that we could see shapes.

Dogs are most sensitive to both physical phenomena and paranormal phenomena. If your dog slept it out, then I strongly feel, it all happened in your own mind.

The old woman could exactly be the old woman, the hag! Or perhaps it was actually a real spirit. Human brain doesn't completely understand the inputs it receives. You say that you didn't know that the old neighbor had died. But, it could be that you came to know, as a small conversation or a conversation you overhead etc. Our subconscious mind is a boiling pot for everything. Perhaps you had a old hag episode and your mind played tricks with you with the old lady. Same way, you thing you haven't seen the old lady before. But being your neighbor, you would have seen here somewhere, but your don't realize it.
twelveam (74 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-18)
Hi jesspress,

I was wondering, have you been living in that same house all along? Did the experience you described 25 years ago happen at the house you are in now? It sure does sound like your neighbor had a fondness of you or perhaps was compelled to pass that message on to you. Before that happened... Did you have a fear or worry of death, did her message help you better understand things that you may have been worried about? Either way, a somewhat rare but incredible experience for you! As far as the black smoke goes, I tend to feel like the others. That if nothing negative or whatever was connected with it, then it probably looks to be unharmful. I wish you luck, and hope things stay peaceful for you! 😊
mii_chl (10 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-17)
normally, i'd say this was a waking dream, but if you were up, conscious enough to close the door, notice he surroundings, and moving, it doesn't sound like it. So far, it really doesn't sound like you have anything to worry about, but start documenting. It could be fun. And post up on youtube and other sites. There might be people who have had the same experience you have and can help. But it hasn't interacted with you, it hasn't threatened. Hasn't tried to claim territory. But document and watch for signs of aggressiveness.
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-17)
Neat expierience. I've heard on here that the dark or light thing doesn't really mean bad or good, it just is. And dogs are wonderfull readers of intension. Have you, er, heard from it again?
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-17)
I don't know if this is how it works or not, I'm unsure if anyone does. Perhaps you are someone who the old lady had noticed, and that She knew she could appear too before she moved on. I believe only some living people have an open enough mind to see and understand seeing the passed, and some people have such a closed mind it becomes impenetrable.

Do you know if she spoke with anyone else in your household before she died? Maybe she asked after you and was interested in your wellbeing?
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-16)
Sometimes we're noticed by our neighbors. She must've taken a liking to you to stop by before passing. She probably sensed something in you that reminded her of herself when she was your age, and wanted to say hello at least once before she left.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2014-03-15)
The black smoke doesn't sound like anything to worry about. Sometimes things aren't "positive" or "negative." Occasionally, energy just collects together, just a neutral mass. As you didn't feel anything from this mass, it was probably just neutral energy.
The visit from the elderly lady is interesting. Maybe she didn't want you to be frightened when you heard she had passed. Kind of her to let you know not to be afraid.
lin66127 (2 stories) (11 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-03-15)
Truth is stranger than fiction. It's wonderful to be visited by a deceased persons' spirit to let you know not to fear death. At least she experienced what it is really like to be gone from this world. She, no doubt, was a kind person when she was alive. I'm so happy you shared your experience with all of us.
Ghostexpert101 (14 posts)
-1
10 years ago (2014-03-15)
Wierd the black smoke shouldent be the black figure it could though but it would be 2% of her being the black figure the black smog sounds like a dark entity good luck and be safe 😉

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: