You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Ghost of the Lionel Wendt Theatre

Real Ghost Stories

The Ghost of the Lionel Wendt Theatre

 

Hi again to everyone at YGS. I've been away for a while because I had my promotion tests last week, and I got my results today! My relations were really happy with my scores because I didn't study that much since I had choir and drama practices in the middle of it. I'm happy to say I did well. Now, onto the story.

It was an evening of music, dance and drama. I'll divide it into 3 parts.

Part 1 was music, where there was singing and instrumentals performed by the age range of 13 - 18. Part 2 was dance (same age range for all 3 parts). And the 3rd part was drama. I managed to sing a solo. I sang I'll be, by Edwin McCain, and I danced in 7 items. I also managed direct my own story that I wrote, and I acted in Macbeth, written by Sir William Shakespeare. All this during my exams! I was one of the weird sisters in Macbeth... I wonder why. Well, it was loads of fun! (The practices).

...Except on the day we performed. It was when the 3 weird sisters stood around the cauldron, stirring the pot, and saying "Double, double, toil and trouble. Fire burn and cauldron bubble." A few people started talking quite loudly. We ignored and went on. We got through the scene. And after we finished performing Macbeth and went for a curtain call. I came downstairs, with 4 hangers in my hand and 2 huge bags around my arms. I sat on a bench and took a deep breath. My face was still with black eye liner and black lipstick. I couldn't get it off. That lady who put my make-up did a good job! I took out a tissue out of my pockets and tried to rub it off, when a male voice said, "If you try to rub it even more you won't have any skin left". I turn around, to see Mr. Damien, one of THE best actors and choreographers in Sri Lanka. I got up from the bench and I smiled, putting my tissue into my pocket. The acting was fabulous, he said.

Thank you sir, I replied with a big smile. He laughed and said, I need a favor from you, he said. Sure, sir. He smiled and asked, can I have a group photo of you and the other 3 sisters? I smiled and said, I'm one of the sisters, let me go call the other 2, I just turned around and he said, "Yes, I know you are one, but there were four on stage". I looked at him, confused. Before I could answer, his cell phone rang, and he picked up. A few moments later he said, "I'm sorry sweet, but I have to rush outside to meet some people, I will be at the Hotel for the after party, I hope meet the four of you there", he said, as he walked off quickly.

I sat back down on the bench, confused. A fourth witch? But, there was only the 3 of us on stage at that moment, I said to myself. Followed by half of my classmates pouring into the room. They were looking for me, confused but happy I said, "hey you guys. So what do you think?"

My best friend Nathan said Shenny that was awesome! I thanked everyone for coming, I said good bye to some of them, and there was only a few people left in the room. One of the guys in my class, called William, loves William Shakespeare's work. He knew almost every line of his sonnets and his favorite story is Macbeth. He smiled at me and said, "It was a great play, I enjoyed Macbeth very much, but I don't think it was right that you guys added more people onto the original story..." "What do you mean?" I asked. "There are supposed to be only THREE weird sisters... there were FOUR on stage". What? That's not possible; it was only the 3 of us.

"Well, you better tell the other 6,000 people out there who are wondering why there were 4 on stage. And trust me that fourth one looked very real, and scary."

My eyes went wide open, You're pulling my leg, right? I asked. He shook his head, with a serious face. I sat back down on the bench.

Well, see you, he said and walked off. Nathan walked over and said, Dude, your supposed to be at the after party. I looked up at him and asked, "How many weird sisters were there on stage?" "Um... Four", he said in a calm voice. "Look, you know I suck at poetry and all that jazz. I only write songs. Anyways, your aunt's calling you. Oh, be right back Nat."

I ran outside, to the corridor and my aunt was standing there, with a bright smile, "Hey Sweetheart, you did very well". Thanks. I said, as I hugged her. I took a deep breath, still a bit tired and sat on the floor; she knelt down and said to me, "I know who the fourth weird sister was..." I looked at her and said, "But there was no fourth sister..." "A dead one sweety." "Oh, now I get it. So, who is it?" I asked.

She took a deep breath and said, "an actress named Merna; she committed suicide in the changing room you were in". I froze, and I told her. No wonder I always felt like someone was watching me, and from the corner of my eye I saw something black on stage, but I thought it was the black curtain!

"Now, we don't want anyone getting worried. So let's keep hush about it, and just enjoy the party, I'll pick you up later". I smiled, and she winked at me. Bye, drive home safely, I said. And I turned around and walked back into the room.

William was there, with some of his cousins. And we talked for a while, when suddenly, from nowhere I heard a cell phone ring. It sounded so familiar, it was coming from upstairs. And when I looked for my phone, I realized I left it upstairs. I ran up, alone. And I opened the door to my changing room, and I walked to the other end of the room, when I found my cell phone on the table. As I picked it up, the door closed shut. And there are no windows in this part, just A/C. Yeah, thanks Ryan, Ryan is my cousin who I have experienced a lot with. So he always played pranks on me. So I walked over to the door and said. "Okay, Ryan open the door! Or else I'll get late". I heard heavy breathing, and I heard a female voice saying, "It's only you and me". A gust of icy cold wind went by me, and the A/C wasn't even turned on.

I took out my chain which has blessed medals, and I put it around my neck. My aunt and uncle taught one important lesson, never show fear, they feed on it. They live on it. I tried opening the door and it opened. Thank God for that! I went downstairs. And Nathan and the rest were sitting on the benches waiting for me. "Let's go. Race you outside!" Nathan said. "You're on!" I said. Well, after that, we had fun. And now I'm just excited to go to the Lionel Wendt with my aunt and uncle along with my cousins to do some hunting.

Thanks for reading, I'll keep you all posted.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Shenny, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

NM1207 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-01)
This is not the story that I know of about the ghost at the Lional Wendt Theater and many many actors who have performed there would say the same if they saw this. Besides there are no AC dressing rooms there...

I have to read the rest of your stories and see how credible they are
budvizer (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-14)
im from lk too... When did you act in this production again? I have heard that the costume rooms are huanted and stuff... We wanted to check it out but never got around to it but that place creeps me out too
Shenny (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-05)
Hey roach fear,
No, nobody is allowed to record anything at the theater. I might be able to find some pictures, I just have to butter up the photographers. 😉
I'll be posting what happened to us at the theater. Keep in touch.

Take care and A Very Happy New Year,
Shenny. 😊
roachfear (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-04)
hey shenny... Great stuff... I've heard this story a million times... And I'm glad that I've read the true one... And wow you're that girl... Tee hee...:) did yall ever record the show?
Shenny (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2007-12-24)
Dear Shane, ChrisB and Shelby,
Thanks a lot for the comments.
I'll be leaving in a little while to the Lionel Wendt. :] If anything happens, I'll make sure I post a story; but until then, take care, God bless and Merry Christmas Y'all! 😊

-Shenny. ❤
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-19)
Hi Shenny. Congrats on your scores! Thanks for the story, very interesting! ~Shelby ❤ 😊
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-19)
Hi shenny. Great storie. It kind of freaked me out. Congratulations on your score. Cant wait to read another story. Ihope to hear from you soon and take care
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-18)
Shenny, another great story. Congrats on the scores. Keep us posted. You take care and Merry Christmas to you too!

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you always.
Shenny (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-18)
Dear Bellissima,
Thanks for the comment. I'll keep you posted. 😊

Take care and Happy holidays,
Shenny.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-18)
Hi Shenny. Congrats on the good scores and while you were so busy! Great job! Thanks for another great story, I really enjoyed it.
Shenny (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-18)
Dear FRAWIN, whitebuffalo and siddharth,
Thanks for all your comments, it's been raining cats and dogs here and there's loads of traffic on the road, as you know it's Christmastime. I will be going with my aunt, uncle and 3 cousins to the theater on the 30th of December, which is my birthday and I'm looking forward to it. Thanks again for your comments.

Take care and happy holidays!
Shenny.
siddharth (4 stories) (37 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-18)
Hi Shenny,
Congratulations for your good results 😁.A wonderful story. Keep posting more and more stories.Thankuu...
-Siddharth
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-17)
Wow, Shenny, that read like a Lian Hearn novel. I am going to have to check out a few more of your stories. What you must go through. Thank you.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-17)
Thank you Shenny for sharing another interesting story. You must be a very brave individual. God Bless You.

FRAWIN 🤔

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: