You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Possesed

Real Ghost Stories

Possesed

 

Hey guys, Kyle again.

I'm Native American, Navajo Specifically. If you hear stories about paranormal or strange creatures around my area, The Navajo Reservation. I can first hand say its true, here's my story.

This happened the summer after I had finally graduated high school, I lived at my grandfather's trailer and he had 14 heads of sheep that he trusted me to look after while he's not there.

One evening my aunt and I went to town to grab food for a cook out, when we got back my parents told me they weren't watching the sheep and they took off west, around where they took off was towards my other grandpas abandoned house. It was something out of a horror movie like the spirit of a murderer sill roams the area! But they took off farther than that about a mile out, it was dark and in the distance at the mountains there was a storm coming so I had to hurry before the sheep get excited in the rain. Stupid me I didn't take a flash light, but I brought a sword I made out of scraps.

I finally got up the steep rocky incline that surrounds my grandpas house, I was about 200 feet away from his house (1/2 a mile away from mine) off in a distance I heard one of the sheep bells. I went towards it, I almost would've fallen off the ledge that's about a 15 foot drop if I didn't see the lightning's flash of light. I was about to turn around until I heard something say in a scratchy low voice, "Hey... Come here." I was confused cause the closest house was 1 mile back an 2 miles ahead. As I started to back up I saw something stand up from behind a boulder. It was tall, skinny, hunched, and twitching. Then it looked at me and the way it sounded is something I won't forget, "Come here". I darted back towards my grandpas abandoned house until I heard the sheep bell again so I went back towards it and it was the best thing that happened to me I found the sheep! My sheep dogs almost attacked me until I called their names out. They stopped to smelled me but started growling like they were going to kill until I realized they were looking towards where I came running from. Now I know that there was something there, I commanded them to attack it and they took off as I started to herd the sheep back.

Once I got back I told everyone, no one believed me until a few days later.

I started getting dreams of me killing my family, they were so horrible that I was convinced that I really did it because of how gruesome they would be. I would also be very rude and mean to everyone and everything. My little brother told me that I was standing at the door way in the middle of the night wielding my handmade knife, I don't remember doing anything like that. One night it got worst that I was up at witching hour, I went outside cause it was hot, there was that thing standing on top of the hill in the east. In the blink of an eye it was gone, I went back inside laid down and had a balloon to pop in case It did something I was tempted to wake every one up with a loud bang.

Nothing happened and I almost fell asleep before my final dream hit me, I smothered my little brother and stabbed him multiple times. I jerked awake, went over to him and checked him he was okay. I started crying thinking that was my last dream about me killing my family so I went outside started a fire, burned all my handmade weapons so I wouldn't hurt anyone and prayed in Navajo for a whole 30 minutes then I felt like I wasn't being watched anymore.

I called my close cousin Kasey who was surprisingly awake but he has experienced similar things and just told him what happened from the evening my sheep were gone. Later on I told my family and a lot of prayers and ceremonies were done, I'm okay now but the medicine man told my grandpa that I was possessed and that its good I got the ceremonies done before something bad would've happened.

I still haven't gone back to that area. Is it scary to say that I want to?

Other hauntings by Kyle_Zahney

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Kyle_Zahney, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Mazzmarach (2 stories) (78 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-02-27)
Ahoy Kyle,

Do not go back there. This feeling of wanting to go back could be natural human curiosity, or wanting some closure; but I highly recommend you do not go back there - not alone, at least. That thing could've been paranormal, or it could've been some dude with Wendigo psychosis.

I'm glad you're okay, and I presume the dogs are, too.

Smooth sailing,
Mazz
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-02-26)
Greetings, Kyle.

Like DirtCreature, my mind went to "Skinwalker" very quickly, though the lingering after-effects you describe are more similar to the Algonquin legends of Wendigo.

As you probably know, a Skinwalker usually causes direct harm by placing a pellet or a splinter of human bone in the intended victim's flesh (thus creating a supernatural link between the victim and the Skinwalker, like the creepiest GPS ever!), then pursues the victim to exhaust him/her; the feeling of panic lasts so long that the adrenaline rush of the experience is exhausted, leaving him/her vulnerable when the Skinwalker finally attacks. The Wendigo, however, isolates an individual from the group, then moves into the person's mind like a supernatural parasite, and uses the person as a vehicle to commit heinous acts of violence, including murder and cannibalism. In each case, there is a tradition of rituals and protections within the culture which describes the deadly creature and its behavior patterns; the Wendigo is potentially more dangerous as a nature spirit, but Skinwalkers are the result of a deliberate choice by evil Medicine Men to corrupt the balance between the Spirit Realm and the Earth.

While I'm still very much on the fence about the existence of these creatures/individuals, I will state that there is a serious overlap in the legends which surround them. Given the nightmares you were having, there is a good chance that your ritualistic destruction of your home-made weapons was a cathartic departure from your normal behavior patterns which allowed you to move past the peculiar events you've described. Psychologically, you've identified the dangerous elements which obsessed your psyche and you've exorcized them, both literally and figuratively.

On a cautionary note, I'd suggest not returning to that area for at least a year; give yourself some emotional/spiritual distance from the events before opening yourself up to the potential for a repeat performance.

Best,
Biblio.
KikiGirl (8 stories) (207 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-21)
Kyle_Zahney, no, man! You can definitely not want to go back there! You come from a religion that actually takes these types of things seriously - and you are so fortunate! Because, so many people would have nobody to turn to if something like this happened! If they told their Priest or Counselor, "oh, I saw a black figure and now, I am having dreams of killing my family", it would NOT turn out well for them! Even, if it REALLY WAS a spiritual attack by a demon or spirit or ghost or something like that!

Maybe, it targeted you because you were in its area? Or, maybe it was for another reason; and it had seen you before and made itself known when you were alone. You were also in the right state of mind for it to get under your skin because it was dark, raining and there was lightning, you would be lonely, afraid, vulnerable, confused, disorientated. So, it's much easier for it to get into your mind like that then say, if you were praying at home or working out, you would feel strong and comfortable at home and it wouldn't be so easy to "break you", and get into your mind.

Whatever the creature or spirit was, it was definitely malicious and evil. You are so fortunate to be one of the lucky few who got out of this type of situation or attack without anything worse happening than already happened. You should stay away from that area as much as you possibly can.
DirtCreature (guest)
+1
7 years ago (2017-02-20)
Humans are curious creatures so I don't think it's scary or bad that you want to. Many people who have encounters with the paranormal no matter how frightening may have a desire for contact because they want to learn and understand the situation better. It is advisable that you do not go back and aggravate the situation. Some of those on here that have been curious of their paranormal happenings, like the desire to use a ouija board, have been met with worse experiences and escalated the situation. I don't know why my mind immediately went to a skinwalker when you described a hunched over figure. *Shivers*
Orangepulp123 (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-20)
Hello Kyle, I was scared thinking about your experience coz it did happened in reality that he really slaughtered his whole family while dreaming and was sleep walking. Good thing nothing happened to you. God bless!
Zaruje (15 stories) (182 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-19)
Hellow kyle. It's a good thing that you've managed to get cured before anything bad happens. I just have one question, what was that thing that you saw while looking for your sheeps?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: