You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Room 607

Real Ghost Stories

Room 607

 

I still remember that particular night when I was staying in a hotel at Dumaguete City.  The trip there was a 2 days stay and it was my first night.

But first let me tell you little about myself. I'm  22 years old and I'm working as a project engineer. Yes I'm too young for my job (I get that a lot). My company always sends me to different parts of the country for monitoring purposes of our many projects. That particular week (2nd week of January 2017) I was assigned two projects in Negros Oriental. Accompanying me are two guys,  one of which is also an engineer, and the other one is our boss.

Now getting back to my story, Dumaguete City is just one of many tourist destinations here in the Philippines,  so it was hard for us to get a room reservation. Luckily,  a bystander (fish-ball vendor) informed us that there are still available rooms in a hotel called Bayview hotel. We grabbed the opportunity and headed directly there. Since I'm with two guys, I asked them if I could get a separate room for myself and they agreed.

It was a long and tiring day so my plans for that night is just to hit the sack and call it a day, but my colleagues told me to grab something to eat first before settling in. We went to a small 'kainan' or roadside bar and before I knew it,  it was already pass 11 in the evening when we got back.  Because it was a  really tiring day,  I opened my room, brushed my teeth, lock the door and went directly to bed without changing my clothes. I left the lights on the room open because I usually left them open whenever I go to sleep.

It was maybe 2 in the morning when I was awaken by the noise of running water. I got up and ask myself if I left the faucet open after brushing my teeth. I quickly went to the wash room and closed the faucet. I went back to bed convincing myself that I really forgot to close it after brushing my teeth but before I even close my eyes,  the faucet was open again. This time I was so sure that I closed it before going back to bed. The first thing that registered in my mind is that someone or something must've  opened it.  I felt goosebumps all over my body. For the second time, I closed the faucet at the wash room and left the lights on. I was so scared that time that I couldn't even go to sleep anymore. I thought of going to my colleagues room but I don't want to disturbed them at this kind of hour. I said a little prayer,  closed my eyes and forced myself to sleep again.

The next morning, I met up with my two colleagues. They were already eating breakfast when I joined them. They asked if I slept well,  and I told them what happened earlier. I was expecting a disbelief or humored face from them,  but all I got was "binuksan mo sana lahat ng ilaw" (you should have turned all the lights on). I was shocked from the fact that they also experienced the same thing as I did that night.

Going back to Manila,  the first thing that's on my mind was to finish my report and to remind myself to never visit that hotel again and to never spend a night again on that room.

Other hauntings by Zaruje

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Zaruje, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

emmeedmonds (2 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-02)
this took me by surprise I had the same thing happen to me days ago at my gandmother's home... 😲
Zaruje (15 stories) (182 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-02-22)
Hello sds. Thank ypu fpr ypur comment. All I know is that those types of building have a complex plumbing or pipeline layout. I was also intrigued by the fact that my colleagues also experienced the same events. Maybe it is in the pipeline or maybe there's really something there, I don't really know. What I know for sure is that I will never forget my experience in that hotel.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-02-22)
Hi Zaruje, thanks for sharing your experience and for answering the query of lady-glow. I want to ask one more question. You said that you were staying on the 6th floor and your colleagues on 4th floor. Well, the rooms in which you people stayed were one on top of the other, like the pipeline to the rooms would be the same. Just asked. But, really spooky.

Regards and respects you.

SDS
Zaruje (15 stories) (182 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-02-21)
Hellow lady glow. As far as I remember, my colleagues were staying at 4th floor (a room good for two) and I was staying at 6th flr (good for one). That's ironic really cause I am an engineer and just to short it up, the heavy duty brass type faucet wasn't loose enough that any water hammer pressure can open it. It maybe a plumbing fixture problem or a playful spirit who knows? Hehehe but still thank you for your comment
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2017-02-21)
Hello Zaruje:

How far was your colleagues' room from yours? Where there in the same floor?

I understand that this experience could seem spooky but, can you be sure there wasn't a problem with the plumbing installation? Perhaps the water pressure was building up inside the tap making it 'turn on' by itself.

I'm sure an engineer would have no problem thinking about the many physical possibilities for something like this to happen. 😉

Thanks for sharing.
roylynx (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-20)
Zaruje, I got you LOL
Well let's not "spot out" a specific place next time in case some people will head there and get in trouble. I should have said that in my first comment lol My mistake.

E.Lynx
Zaruje (15 stories) (182 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-20)
Roylynx
From the beginning, I don't even know that this chain of hotel has many ghost stories. All I know is that staying there will never be a good night's sleep haha
roylynx (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-20)
Zaruje, Not an Ocean View hey? Still I wonder why this hotel chain has so many ghost stories:-|. It is related to the CEOs of the group? Hmm... (researching)

E.Lynx
Zaruje (15 stories) (182 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-02-19)
Roylynx no It wasn't an ocean view room. From the balcony you could only see the old bell tower of their church.
Zaruje (15 stories) (182 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-19)
Melda thank you for your comments. It does succeeded, in fact I would never return to that hotel again hahah
roylynx (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-19)
Wow, that is interesting! I knew of a few "Bayview Hotel" around the world that are haunted I am not going to tell or share any since it's not experienced by anyone close to me and I think most are rumors.

I want to ask one thing, is the room you stayed an "Ocean View" room? Well, I asked that because many of the "rumors" were said to be happened in such rooms... Spooky!

Blessing from São Paulo
E.Lynx
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-19)
Hi Zaruje - I think it was probably something trying to attract your attention and have some fun with you. Obviously it succeeded!
Regards, Melda

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: