You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Demons / Possessions / Exorcisms :: I Think I Got Possesed

Real Ghost Stories

I Think I Got Possesed

 

It all happened a few days ago. AND LET ME BE CLEAR, I HAVE NO ACTUAL MEMORY OF WHAT HAPPENED. My mom told me what actually happened. After coming back home from school, doing all my homework and blablabla all the stuff that a high school kid does after coming home, we went to sleep. We live in a rented apartment because our actual house is being built right now. My dad was on a business trip. So my mom, my brother and my two sisters were the only ones apart from me in the apartment. I sleep in my room, my sister sleeps in hers, my mom and my other sister in my parents room and my brother was sleeping on the couch instead of his room (His AC had broken down, and it become unbearably hot to sleep in the room).

Its 4 AM in the morning and my mom hears something in the kitchen. She thought it was our pet cat messing around. But she realised she was wrong when she heard the kitchen drawer being opened. She comes to the kitchen only to see me with a knife in my hand. The following dialogue happened;

Mom:"Uuh Matt (fake name), what are you doing."

Me:"Lady,I'm not Matt".

Mom:"Then, who are you?"

Me:"Need not to know"

Mom:"CUT THE BULL**** AND PUT THE KNIFE DOWN!"

Me:"You'll regret this lady, I was just trying to protect your family."

Mom:"FROM WHOM?"

Me: (with a grin) "need not to know"

My mom grabs a jug of detox juice/water and throws it all over me.That's where I gained consciousness. I had no clue how I got there and ask her how I got to the kitchen and she tells me she doesn't know.

The next morning, Mom told me everything that happened. My mind right now is not in its right place. I haven't slept for an adequate amount for the past couple of days. Any suggestions as to what might have actually happened?

My friends think that I got DID (dissociative identity disorder). And I'm pretty sure that's not how it works. Sorry for any grammatical errors. English is not my first language. Thanks for reading.

P.S My mom didn't sleep the whole night after that.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, blockgunnar453, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Acemarvel (2 posts)
 
1 year ago (2023-01-30)
you are sure you are not making this up it seems that like that 🤔 😐
Flamaboar1712 (3 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-09-08)
Hi there, its me with a different account. We finally moved to our new house and my phone got lost in all that pandemodium (you know, the usual, shifting things. Its been months since I posted this story. And after reading the comments today, I feel that there are some facts that I forgot to share.
1) I have had no traumatic experiences except when I was in fouth grade (To those who don't like violent stuff please skip the following part
I saw a little girl getting run over by a car, A hit and run case, the girl died on the spot, but she died in front of my eyes. I have a hard time crossing roads after that incident.
2) I always know wheter I'm dreamin
G or not. I don't get dreams very often, but when I do,I'll know it halfway through the dream. All I have to do is shut my eyes tight, (In the dream, of course), and I wake up.
3) I have had experiences with djinns on 3 seperate occasions. But I don't think it has anything to do with this incident.
4) According to my Parents and siblings, I have started talking in my sleep after that incident. My Dad told me that he he heard me talk about "combat knives" in my sleep.
5) I haven't had any similar experiences after this.

Have a nice day,
P.S-I am sorry for any grammatical errors, typos etc. English is not my first language, and I am writing all this stuff in a Samsung Galaxy Fit (Smartphone and not the watch). Go check the screen area on the internet.
vijayjangra8814 (1 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-08-16)
did something happened like that happened again after that?
oraclemache (2 stories) (11 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2019-07-07)
A true DID is not as common as one might think, and would require severe abuse to occurred to the child during the formation of the personality. Do you remember anything at all? I see that you wrote this in 2016 but I am going to write you anyway on the off chance you see it. There are different degrees of disassociation. For the type that you transitions like this, would mean you had suffered some severe trauma in the formative years of your mind. I am not a physician, and you should not take my advice over one. I am only going to give you my thoughts based off of my own experience. I had something like you describe occur, except no one was around, so I don't know what I was doing for 5 hours. I worried that I had DID just like you. I think your channeling. Your waking up, in theory, and a hijacker took advantage of your newly aware abilities, and your guard being down. That is a theory. Again, I am not a doctor and you should get checked out to be sure. If you do not have DID which I doubt, maybe consider you are a gifted medium.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+4
5 years ago (2019-07-06)
Do you have a history of sleepwalking?
Do you like to read/watch any material that could make you have violent dreams?
Is there any kind of paranormal activity at the apartment/building?

If this happens again, it would be a good idea to start a journal of the events and to get a medical evaluation in case there's an underlying health issue.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+7
5 years ago (2019-07-06)
First a quote, then questions...

"Most of us have experienced mild dissociation, which is like daydreaming or getting lost in the moment while working on a project. However, dissociative identity disorder is a severe form of dissociation, a mental process which produces a lack of connection in a person's thoughts, memories, feelings, actions, or sense of identity. Dissociative identity disorder is thought to stem from a combination of factors that may include trauma experienced by the person with the disorder. The dissociative aspect is thought to be a coping mechanism -- the person literally dissociates himself from a situation or experience that's too violent, traumatic, or painful to assimilate with his conscious self."

So have you experienced any 'long term' situations where 'escaping' need (s/ed) to be mental/emotional rather than physical? Or a sudden 'traumatic experience' that still traumatizes you? DID is hard to diagnose. If something like this applies then it may be DID. If not then there are other questions, questions like... Do you know the history of the Location of the Apartments you are staying in, in particular, the one your Family is in? Have there been any other 'paranormal' occurrences in this apartment or around the Family/ yourself? I ask because it is 'rare' for an individual's first experience to be 'Possession'. Not impossible, but rare indeed. Another possibility is this... Are you sensitive?
If so then perhaps you were 'open' to the spirit world and a spirit did indeed slip in. Especially if you are sensitive and are unaware of your abilities.

Please let us know...

Respectfully,

Rook

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: