You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ghost Summoned Unknowingly

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Summoned Unknowingly

 

I am 17 year old guy from Maratha, India and like to know and explore about the supernatural elements (since they have chased me since my childhood!). This incident happened to me about 7 years ago but still give me goosebumps.

I was at my maternal grandfather's house for the summer holidays. Me and my cousins were playing in the courtyard when one of my cousins said if anyone of us had ever faced a ghost. We said no. She asked if we wanted to face one. We said yes and felt it would be a thrilling experience to face the thing we talked and were scared and fascinated of. Then she took us to a room in the back of the house and told us to light a candle and place in the middle of the room. Then she asked us to place a coin in front of the candle and then just fold our hands, concentrate and wait. We all did the same half-believing that something would happen. It was just like a funny thing for us (summoning ghosts!). We closed our eyes and waited for sometime when something started pushing me. I thought it was just my cousin trying to scare me but when I opened my eyes it was black and bluish hand covered with scales like that of a fish pushing me and in front of me was this person with a tilted face, horrible yellow eyes looking at me. I screamed and rushed out of the room straight to my mother. I told her about my experience and she told to have faith in god and that it was just my imagination. So that was the end to the matter and nothing happened until the fourth day.

I was sleeping in my room when the hand pump in the courtyard started all by itself. I went out to check and there was the same person I had seen three days ago. It was pumping the water out and at the same time looking at me with those scary yellow eyes and a horrible smile on its face. I screamed and just fainted on the spot and for next few days was bedridden with high fever. It was then my grandmother came to know about my incident and she had taken me to the temple for some blessings and after that I was well but not for long.

After that incident weird things had started happening to me. I would see figures around me, feel if someone was constantly watching me, calling me by name, waiting for me to be left alone and then harm me.

I started having nightmares and one thing I still remember is that in those nightmares that I would see or feel those things which I hated the most. Sometimes I was being tickled and sometimes I am being thrown in a pool of water (I was kind of hydrophobic at that time) and things like that and the villain was the same person I had seen before.

One night it had got even more worse. I was going through one of these nightmares and woke up suddenly sweating and nervous. Next thing I saw was unbelievable. The same black and blue hand was crawling over my mother towards me (yes, I remember this scene very clearly) but this time I could see none standing there. I went crazy and kept howling and shouting the whole night with my father trying trying calm me down. Next day my mother gave me a "Lord Hanuman's" locket to wear and told me never to mention these things to any one as doing so may get get the evil spirit return back. After that all went well.

Still remembering those things one thing that always puzzles me is how could one actually summon a ghost with a candle and a coin and why it was me instead of my other cousins who suffered all those things?

Another thong that puzzles me is how did that spirit came to know about the things I disliked?

Please share your thoughts on the questions mentioned above.

Thank you for reading.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, aj_star, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

VivekThekote (1 stories) (105 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-23)
Hi Aj Star, Yes may be your cousin had experience the same prior so she would have afraid of discussion as its human tendency we don't want to remember the bad things. Also when you visited her she have got courage to talk about the spirits to you so have tried to call spirit but thses things often goes in bad result if not done according to the Rules. God Bless All.
aj_star (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-13)
[at] kikigirl:i think you are rather skeptical about my experience but please trust me I had experienced those things.
I know it is difficult to believe because the incident that I have described is too uncommon.
I know 2 persons who have experienced such things but both did not face the spirit like I have described.
aj_star (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-13)
I apologise for replying late
[at] kikigirl: I am 17 years old (I could share my fb id with you if you want to confirm my DOB) ,i think I may not have Described the events very accurately and in detail but what I have written in my story is completely true and is what I remember, I mean there is no imagination of any sort I still remember that scary figure,
I think it may have done the same thing with my sister because she becomes a little nervous and afraid when I mention those incidents to her but she has never confessed that spirit had troubled her or had done any harm to her and always laughs and says the spirit had a special grudge against me but nothing had happened to my other cousins that I can tell you for sure.
Thank you for the comment
[at] AugustM:i don't think it was jinn because jinns are something more powerful and more evil minded than the spirit I have mentioned and the MAIN point is that once jinn has got hold of you it does not easily (or never) let's you go (this is according to what I know about them from various accounts of jinn in my village) and it is very rare to be attacked by a jinn and until now I have not come across a single person who could tell me about their appearence so the blue jinns exist only in stories and fantasies and my people tell me that they have no definite form.
It could not have been one of the divine beings of hindu tradition because summoning them requires lot and lots of rituals to be performed and I had not done any bad thing so that they would come to haunt me!
I would be grateful to you if you could give me some more information about jinns and thank you for your valuable comment.

[at] vivekthekote: I don't know for sure if she had experienced such thing in the past because she always avoids that topic and of course she was scolded by my grandparents for doing such a thing.
VivekThekote (1 stories) (105 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-12)
Hi Aj Star, Your story was scare just like to know what happened to your cousin did she experienced the same which you did also did any elders at home scolded her for making scare? Its Good you have Lord Hanuman Locket also keep a Hanuman Chalisa Holy Book. God Bless All.
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-12)
In Hindu tradition, the flesh of divine entities is depicted as blue because it is seen as the color of all-inclusiveness - of all things larger than your perception - but not because their skin was believed to actually be blue but instead, their aura. Maybe you saw a blue aura surrounding this entity - after all, the spirit realm is larger than our perception.

Or maybe you stirred up a Jin. I have read several articles comparing western fairy lore with eastern legends of the jinn supposing that both are, in fact the same or same type of entity translated through the lense of different cultures. If that is even partially the case, then perhaps rituals used to summon one might have some effect on the other. There are summoning rituals in the west (likely in the east too) for fairies that call for a candle and a coin as an offering to the entities involved - they also call for other various and sundry items but what you did could be considered a simplified version perhaps strengthened by the your youth and belief. Fairies are also often given elemental roles so maybe this was a water jinn.

I should also point out that I have also found on line many references to 'blue jinn' but these seem to be associated almost exclusively with a series of fantasy novels.
KikiGirl (8 stories) (207 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-09)
aj_star, thank-you for coming onto YGS to share your story and ask people to read it, evaluate it, speculate on it and help or offer support as far as possible, if indeed, you encountered a malicious spirit.

The first thing I would like to ask you is how old are you? The way in which you describe your experience, the words you use and the maturation of your fears and how they were exploited make you seem much older then a teenager? The ghost that you describe, I am not familiar with, I am sorry. Your description of scaly bluish hands and yellow eyes sounds very frightening. Maybe somebody else knows what this is?

You asked, why did it happen to you and not to the other children? You can never know for 100% certain that the other children did not experience anything, at all. Maybe, their experience/s were just less frightening like something going missing, something that they didn't notice or something that did not effect them as badly as you. For some reason, according to your story, the ghost chose to make contact and interact with you, he/she physically pushed you but he/she did not touch the other children. The very first reaction that you responded with was fear and such was it that the ghost decided or understood that this is how your relationship works now. I know, it sounds strange but not all apparitions are ghosts, it can be any number of speculative paranormal phenomena. Also, the way in which the apparition chooses to interact or communicate with you is also speculative, we do not know for sure why it would scare you more then once, we just know that it understood "HOW" to scare you and did so, repeatedly.

Keep the "Lord Hanuman's" locket close by and follow the instructions of your Mother. This seemed to work and of course, no one wants to see you in any sort of problems again in future.

I hope my English was easy to understand. 😁
sheld999 (14 stories) (74 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-08)
I think it read your thoughts to knowcwhat you disliked which might be why it knows them

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: