You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Shadow People :: The Shadow Girl

Real Ghost Stories

The Shadow Girl

 

This happened to me a couple of years ago while I was still in middle school. My sister the one I will be mentioning in the story was currently still in high school. When me and my family moved into our new house I had to share a room with my middle sister because the house only had three rooms and my oldest sister wanted a room to herself so me and my middle sister ended up sharing a room. There were two beds in the room both against the wall. One night around 11pm I was laying in my bed trying to fall asleep while my sister was having a conversation with one of her friends over the phone. I remember her sitting on her bed with her back against the wall and I was laying down facing my sister. I couldn't really fall asleep so I just laid there with my eyes open hoping sooner or later my eyes would get tired and I would be able to fall asleep. A couple minutes passed and I was still awake and my sister was still on the phone. But then something moved next to her which caught my attention. I looked at it carefully trying to make sure I wasn't seeing things. I looked again. It was a shadow of a girl right beside my sister but she hadn't noticed it until I got up and whispered her name while pointing at the shadow. She told her friend over the phone holdup my sisters trying to tell me something and when she looked to her right she screamed, dropped her phone and stormed out of the room. Her reaction frightened me even more so I ran behind her. I remember we woke up everyone in the house but of course when everyone went to go check what the fuss was about the shadow was no longer there. No one really believed us and joked about how me and my sister had gone crazy. But me and my sister both know what we saw. It's been years now but I would be lying if I said we kept seeing shadows but no that was it.

Other hauntings by littlebow320

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, littlebow320, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

littlebow320 (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-10)
No problem thank you for reading and commenting also sorry for lagging i'm on a computer at school and I keep switching classes so again thanks for reading and commenting
KikiGirl (8 stories) (207 posts)
-1
7 years ago (2017-04-10)
littlebow320, thanks for your response. I know that you probably feel very alone and confuzzled about all of it. Sometimes, we feel getting answers or just, sharing the experience will give us peace of mind.

Thank-you for sharing your experience, again.

KikiGirl
littlebow320 (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-10)
KikiGirl Nothing related to this has happened to me anymore I really never found an explanation for it everything else that has happened to me has been related to other things but this was my only encounter with a shadow I don't worry about it anymore like I said this happened some time ago so I don't really worry much about it
littlebow320 (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-10)
sheld999 it didn't have much detail it was just a shadow the only thing I really remember is that you could tell it was a girl because you could see the outline of her hair it's kind of difficult to explain
KikiGirl (8 stories) (207 posts)
-2
7 years ago (2017-04-09)
littlebow320, what an intriguing and frightening experience. Most of us came to YGS www.yourghoststories.com because we had experienced something; an event, experience, made contact or witnessed something unexplainable, extraordinary, frightening or unbelievable which led us to think, could this be a real paranormal encounter? What did I see? Why did I see it, is there something I am supposed to do, like help? Or did I simply see something that I can't explain or don't ever want to think about, again?

There has been much discussion about shadow people, and I am no expert. The most important thing is to think about the experience very carefully and then, "feel" your way through it. By this, I mean your intuition, feelings and thoughts play a tremendous role in translating paranormal ghosts/spirits or encounters into a story, you might understand in the end.

I wish I had more information for you, but, I wanted to leave you in the comfort and knowledge that you are not alone, other people have had similar experience/s and you are, most likely, not going crazy. You are lucky (some might say), to have experienced the one encounter, only. While, others seek it out - sometimes it works very well and sometimes, it does not work at all and the "project" is unsuccessful. If you do experience anything like this in future, YGS has a list of paranormal investigators and other help and support groups in different areas on the site.
sheld999 (14 stories) (74 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-08)
What color was the shadow of the girl? Was there much detailed to it?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: