You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Someone Was There

Real Ghost Stories

Someone Was There

 

The story which I am going to share happened to me some 7 years ago. I have faced many paranormal activities, it is one among them. I was a fearful kid back then who used to believe that there stays a monster under her bed who is always trying to harm her or take her away from her mother. Though that sort of things never happened to me but one night something happened which I am not able to forget even now...

Coming back to the story in that time my family used to live in Arunachal Pradesh. It was the wedding of my maternal uncle they used to stay in a village in Assam. They recently shifted to a other place in the other side of the village. The place is an isolated one. With just four houses that too one of my maternal aunt and her in-laws. It was the night before the wedding and everyone was busy in preparations. Me being a kid was real excited as I got to play with my cousins the whole day. That night my cousins slept at 8 pm at my aunt's house which is some 30 steps far from uncle's house. Even they were new to the place so they just built a small hut with a tin rooftop and construction was going on for a concrete house. I was awake until 11 pm that night though I was yawning yet I didn't wanted to sleep. My mother asked me to go to sleep and I agreed. Uncle's house was all about lightings and chaos so I went to sleep at aunt's house along with my mother. My three cousins were sleeping in a bed and there was no space for me so I slept on the other bed which was placed on the other side of the room. Mom was there until I slept. I don't remember the exact time when I was awaked by a strange sound coming from outside. It felt something strange as there were not many houses and almost all the people were in the wedding. So who that could be. The sound was like groaning in pain. Suddenly it stopped. I was relieved but in vain. It again started, this time it was like someone is walking with boots. Again as if someone was pumping the pump well, jingling sounds again groaning... Now I was wide awake and somehow could understand what that was. I wanted to scream but why? No one was going to hear me and what if that thing got to know that I was awake and try to kill me... It was December but I was all sweaty now. The sounds didn't seem to stop. All this time my cousins were in deep sleep. I decided to go to their bed and sleep with them until my mother arrives but the problem was I have to go almost 7 steps and the door comes in between... I convinced myself and ran to the other side and slept with them praying all that while and the sounds were getting uglier. Next morning I don't know when I slept last night and like as always no one believed in my STORY...

After all of this it was the wedding night and the groom's relatives and friends has gone to the bride's home so it was a little empty here in the groom's place with just some old ladies and we the small kids. But we're all grooving with the music and my cousins suggested that we bring some other music discs from their home for which I was reluctant at first as it was 11:30 pm but got convinced later while walking towards their home they were making fun of me saying the ghost liked me and wanted to dance with me in the wedding... Just after few steps we saw a smoke like figure, as there was moon in the sky it was not that dark. I being the eldest one among them stopped them from taking any further steps we couldn't make out what it was really but it was like two people in white dhotis. Now they were approaching towards us and getting pace with every steps. We ran like there is no tomorrow. This time our face said everything. The Imaam was called and he gave us some special water to drink and 'taabiz' to tie in our neck as well. Later he said that it was may be because I was a Libra and this kind of thing could easily show themselves in front of a Libra so I heard the sounds the day before.

Whatever it was I don't know but I really feel bad that it didn't let me to enjoy the wedding... And I hate him for that... And sorry for the length and grammatical mistakes... Comments are welcomed...

Other hauntings by Rose97

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Rose97, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Fariya (7 stories) (52 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-01-20)
I believe your story but the only thing hard to digest is the Imaam talking about you being a Libra? By "Imaam" I assume he was a muslim and head of the mosque. But islam doesn't believes in zodiac signs and astrology is forbidden in islam. Cz I am a muslim too. Then I wonder how can a religious head state something like this!
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-01)
Ha! I wonder if the imam'd tell anyone the same about experiencing something paranormal regardless of their zodiac sign. Did he ever explain to you the reason why Libras are more susceptible to "see" ghosts?

No offence intended but, I tend to think that many people in India is too fast assuming that something that they don't understand has to be paranormal instead of trying to find first a logical explanation. And articles like the following do not help to change my opinion:

Http://www.thenewsminute.com/article/peacock-sex-breaking-internet-thanks-one-rajasthan-high-court-judge-62937

Thanks for sharing.
AzraelX (8 stories) (115 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-01)
What was the climate that night? Was it windy?
Wind can make all kinds of sound while moving through different areas.
I feel that the Groaning /moaning sound you heard was nothing but the wind.

Our eyesight in night is sort of lesser compared to that in daytime. Did you see a mist or smoke kind of thing in human shape?

I suppose you actually saw two people wearing dhothi walking from a distance towards you and in your already psyched condition, you imagined them to be apparitions/ghosts and ran away.
Meghana23 (3 stories) (32 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-05-31)
Wow it's really scary... Thanks for sharing.

Its nice to read.
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-05-30)
Tweed, you may be onto something there; that hadn't occurred to me! Lol 😆
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+5
7 years ago (2017-05-30)
Hi Rose,

I think the white mist the next night was something ghostly. That sounds like a pretty cool thing to encounter. Not sure what it would mean in your culture. But I'd be curious about a white mist that approached me.

The reason I'm commenting, however, is this water pump incident. Sounds like a couple of, actually let's just say 'a couple' and leave it at that. Don't think it was paranormal somehow.
shelbyloree (5 stories) (285 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-05-30)
Maybe someone had gotten sick (groaning because they were not feeling well) and had needed to wash their hands at the water pump?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: