You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Inception Of The Paranormal

Real Ghost Stories

Inception Of The Paranormal

 

I'm fairly new here. I've always been on the lookout for somebody to talk to, about some of the weird things that has happened to me. I'm Indian and born to a Christian father and a Hindu mother. My religious views changed gradually as I grew up. So I can confidently say that my paranormal experiences were not a result of a shift in my religious beliefs (just so you know, I'm atheist). I've had weird things happen to me mostly through the ages of 5-20; I've always believed that there are entities beyond our realm due to the odd, unexplainable feelings I've had since childhood.

People from my country are mostly religious fanatics; the idea of God is drilled and anything remotely close to the paranormal is completely dismissed. Most of the people I've tried to talk to are either too scared or found it too funny or too stupid. There are no psychics, clubs or societies or anything of that sort that offers answers or help for people who have experienced the paranormal.

I must say that I've always been a person who was thrust into the paranormal realm without even having an inkling about it. I have always 'felt' things as opposed to seeing, so sometimes when I read or listen to stuff online of people who claim to have seen things I've always been skeptical. Years later I found a way to block "them" consciously, after watching the documentary, 'the secret'. I simply stopped paying attention. I must also say that I've had sleep paralysis since my late teens which I mistook for the paranormal. So, guys I'm here for answers and I'm requesting you to be helpful and UNrude (no, it's not a real word and yes, I'm using it anyway). So let's start from the beginning...

I was a child of divorce. Since the age 4 I've been exposed to a lot of violence at home. The house I used to live in was, a very "active" one. A lot of things made sense once I got to know it's history. It was a medium-sized apartment with 2 bedrooms, 4 baths, a kitchen and a living room with a nice backyard. I lived with my folks and my 2 older half-brothers. My best friend lived in the apartment above mine with his folks and 2 older brothers (16 and 17 years old). This building had 2 floors and my best friend and I played on the rooftop a lot. I was 7 and he was 8 years old and during summer holidays, we would run upstairs and played for hours on end. Please bear with me as this is important.

(For my best friend's privacy I'm going to call him Nick). One day, during our holidays, he had gone out with his family and visiting relatives, but promised me that he would be back by our usual playtime (which was between 13:30-14:00pm). It was 2pm and I had gone up top with some cards and legos and waited for Nick. I kept myself busy and had lost track of time throwing stones at the surrounding buildings and talking to trees (don't judge me I was bored) and enjoying the freedom. I was a very disciplined child so, I stayed at least 1-2 ft away from the ledge and only broke the rule when my big bros were around. It was past 4 and Nick had not come back (the car park was visible from the roof). I called time of death and started for the door...

A little info on my roof door is necessary. It was a solid, rusty metal door that was hard to close all the way without the help of an adult or at least my older bros. It opened inward and not outward onto the roof. The door was behind me about 13-14 ft away. I got up and tied my shoe laces tight (something my grammy taught me to do before taking the stairs) and started for the door. It slammed shut right in front of me, 2 ft short of me and I jumped at the thud, heartbeat increasing and bladder control decreasing (I was 7, cut me some slack). It was not a windy day and the door was pretty sturdy. Now the problem was: I thought, I was being pranked. Being out in the sun for hours did not help me see clearly and all I could see were black spots. After continuous attempts of knocking gently at first then loudly a small part of me realized that it could not be anybody that I knew. I was adored by everybody in the building since everybody had sons. So, I started panicking.

Twilight was fast approaching and I was stuck upstairs. I kept calling out for my mum but I knew that it was futile because she was doing laundry and wouldn't be able to hear me. Everybody in the building were on vacation so I couldn't call for my other friends. This is when I realized that it wasn't somebody but something. I slowly pressed my ears against the door and heard a shuffling sound. I knocked on the door saying that I was stuck, asking to be left out. Then I heard whispers but could not decipher what was being said. I hauled for the small store room that was adjacent to the roof door and locked myself in there. Thirty minutes later I heard a faint voice calling out for me and balled my eyes out more than I already was. I closed my face with my hands and sat in the corner of the room, waiting for whatever it was, calling out for me. Within seconds there was knocking on the store room door and I could hear my mum calling for me, worriedly. I'm sure the rest is self-explanatory...

Since then I was afraid of the dark and always felt something behind me. My room that I shared with my older brothers, took on an eerie, ominous vibe much like the trees outside. Years later when I was a freshman in college I asked my mum about that apartment and was shocked at the events that took place there. There were two suicides, one murder and one death caused by a car crash (this was my half-brothers' mum) right in the apartment we were living in. Fortunately, I moved out of that house (at the age of 9) with mum after her divorce. The paranormal occurrences stopped for a while, until I turned 15. But, there were a few more incidents that took place before my folks separated. I'm going to save those for my upcoming posts (I promise they'll be shorter).

What were those sounds I heard? What's the difference between a ghost/ spirit/ entity/ demon? Can they come in my dreams? Of late I've been dreaming of an old man whose house I'm moving into. Nothing makes sense to me. Answers would be great.

P.s- that house we stayed at is still eerie, the landlady told my mom that she is unable to rent it since people move out within a couple of months of living there. It is close to the heart of the city and a semi commercial area.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, nym-nym, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

aisyah1987 (2 stories) (31 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-06-15)
I hope you find peace wherever you are.
And please always say your prayers before you go to sleep.
I had some weird things happening to me to, and they were very scary as heck until I can't fall asleep without switching on a light.
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-06-04)
Rook - Thanks so much for both your responses.

I have read "The Beginning". I want to read that a few times again and think about it before I barrage you with questions.

I in fact read many of your experiences even before I joined YGS! This particular one regarding Jerusalem I read a while back and have just read it again. Amazing!

I'll email you soon and try not to waste your time 😊

Regards, Melda
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-06-04)
nym-nym and Melda,

You both seem interested in this question...

"Do you think that some of the world-renowned psychic mediums (eg Kim Russo, I know there are many) could have been angels, which is why they are so extraordinarily gifted? To me it seems very likely that it could be so."

I believe (My Opinion here Folks) that two things may be a play for 'gifted' individuals. The First being that through the cycle of Reincarnation the 'spirit' remembers a bit more from it existence across the 'veil' and therefore has a stronger connection to it's 'full' potential. Or Some spirits manage to remember (or are allowed to remember) certain 'gifts' they had 'across' the veil so they may be used on the physical realm. There is a third way... An individual through study and research and/or Faith is allowed a 'gift (s) from 'the Powers That Be'. (Again trying not to sound to religious here).

Thanks for asking, keep the questions coming.

Respectfully,

Rook
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-04)
Melda,

So much of the answer to your Question lies within my Personal Religious views I'm not sure I can provide an adequate answer without sounding Preachy.

So instead I will refer you to my Profile Page and ask you to read the section (near the bottom of my profile) Titled:

'The Beginning:'

It's right after my Cleansing/Shielding technique.

If you still have questions please post them on this experience of mine...

Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=5020

OR

Send me an e-mail.

Respectfully,

Rook
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-04)
nym-nym,
I'm not sure I can adequately explain, but I'll try. You ask, "Let's say that I misheard, could that incident have been a trigger into feeling the unknown and unseen?" In my opinion, yes, but not necessarily in the way you think. That is to say, I don't think it could cause an actual paranormal event, however it sure could make you believe you'd experienced it.
I'm willing to bet that Nick never felt 'watched' or heard anything until after you told him about your misadventure. That planted the seed in his mind. All kinds of things can make you feel 'watched'.
Were there other apartment buildings or houses nearby? Maybe one of the occupants was watching. Even animals or birds can elicit this feeling.
" We always hear sounds when we play together. We used to stop our games and listen for it... " If you expect something to happen, generally it will. Again, there could be a logical explanation. In silence sound is very loud, take into consideration atmospheric conditions and sound can travel very far distances.
Unfortunately we can't time travel back to when you were 7 and examine everything. I will say this though, ALWAYS listen to your 'gut' instinct. If something feels 'bad' get away from it. Fear is one of our most primal extincts and probably the one that has enable us to survive this long.
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-06-04)
nym-nym - I'm not quite certain which options you would like to follow.

If you would like to read the experiences of fellow members, just click on their names in the comments section. For instance if you want to read mine, click on Melda on this page and it will bring up my profile. (Please, I'm not telling you to read my accounts, it is just an example!)

There is also "google" at the top right hand of the page. You can search there for the profile of any member.

Regards, Melda
nym-nym (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-06-04)
[at] Melda,

Good question, Melda. I was thinking on those lines as well. I'm fascinated by everything that's happening here. Finally a place where I can get some answers! I would really like to follow some of you. Is there an option here where we can follow? 😊
nym-nym (1 stories) (5 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-04)
[at] Rookdygin,

Wow! That was an awesome explanation. Your second answer reminds me of something my grammy had told me when I was a child. She used to tell me stories or beliefs about celestial lovers who come down to earth when they fall in love with a mortal and it's consequences. They are called Gandharvas. You should check that out if you have the time.

The third answer is mind boggling and frankly quite scary! I never want to experience that again! Love your explanation. It was the weirdest dream. It progressed day by day! I don't get them anymore thankfully.

The first one... I was raised in a violent atmosphere. My folks were like the Lannisters and the Starks. In India we live in cement/concrete houses and wood is only used for interior decoration like bookcases, wardrobe etc. I don't see how these type of houses can settle and animals cannot get inside these walls. I'm absolutely positive about that. Why I am positive that it was paranormal is that raw instinct that is there in us. This kind of fear was different from the others I experienced.

That said, I'm sure it's hard to believe. This really impacted me. It's something that I can't wrap my mind around. I hope I'm not too vague. 😊
nym-nym (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-06-04)
[at] valkricry,

I like your POV. Let's say that I misheard, could that incident have been a trigger into feeling the unknown and unseen? Ever since that incident, Nick and I felt like we were being"watched". He never goes there by himself unless someone accompanies him either. We always hear sounds when we play together. We used to stop our games and listen for it... It was really quiet during the summer holidays.
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-06-04)
Rook - I found your opinions so very, very interesting. I could spend hours picking your brain but obviously that isn't possible.

You invited questions, so I want to ask one. I have many which I could ask you but this one in particular intrigues me. You say that (in your view) angels can cross the veil and occupy a human body without remembering that they were once angels. Once the body dies, they become ghosts.

Do you mean by that, that you believe that they do not regain their "angel status" afterwards and will never know, even after the death of the body, that they were angels once?

Do you think that some of the world-renowned psychic mediums (eg Kim Russo, I know there are many) could have been angels, which is why they are so extraordinarily gifted? To me it seems very likely that it could be so.

I would love to hear from you on that point. I think many readers will find your thoughts on that extremely interesting. I understand that this is all your opinion and you are not stating anything as fact.

Regards, Melda

This comment from snehk is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-06-03)
nym-nym,

You ask 3 very good questions...

"What were those sounds I heard? Can they come in my dreams?
What's the difference between a ghost/ spirit/ entity/ demon?"

Let's deal with them one at a time...

The First One: The sounds... Hard to say, not being there when something happens is a disadvantage... Recordings CAN help but not always so the sounds could have been anything from the building settling, an animal in the wall all the way up to a Spirit/Entity making noises.

The Second One: "What's the difference between a ghost/ spirit/ entity/ demon?"
This will be OPINION BASED but here is MY VIEW...
Ghost: Human Spirit... Some call it our soul. It's the part use that brings life to our bodies and the part which leaves our bodies (nearly completely) during a Near Death or Astral Travel experience. Possibly comprised of Intelligent EME (Electro Magnetic Energy). Reincarnation CAN apply (see Past Lives for research matter). The can become 'stuck' here on the physical plane (GHOSTS) or 'cross the veil' into the spirit world... From whence they MAY be able to cross back from.
Spirits/Entities: For me these are non-human Intelligent EME forms. Elementals/Fae are the types of 'creature' I am referring to. They can be benevolent, malevolent (good or evil) or neutral. For non-Religious people this is where Demons/Angels are 'listed'...they are just very 'strong' Good or Bad entities.
Angel's/Demons: For the religious these are beings (intelligent EME forms) that are 'GOOD' or 'Evil'. The Angels serve 'GOD' in Heaven and can serve as His messengers while Demons are comprised of 'former Angels' that were cast out of Heaven by God... That 1/3 of the Heavenly Host that Christians teach about.

Now for something that is truly MY POINT of VIEW...
Angels can elect to cross the 'veil' and occupy a human body... By doing so they no longer remember that they were an Angel. Once animating a physical body they become a Ghost when that physical body dies. Demons are Jealous of this fact as part of their 'Banishment from Heaven' includes them NOT being able to inhabit a human body... Its why the try so hard to do so if given a chance.

Third: (which was asked second...) Can they come into our dreams... The Short answer is YES. The longer version being... Many individuals believe Spirits/Ghosts can communicate to the living in our dreams because our minds and bodies are so relaxed that it makes it easier to communicate between 'realms' (across the veil).

Whew!

Well there you go, MY OPINION... Please ask any questions you may have, that applies to anyone who may have a questions.
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-03)
nym-nym,
Being locked out, and alone is scary. Especially for a small child. And once fear kicks in, who knows what a fertile imagination might add? Mind you, I'm not saying you made any of this up, you wrote as you remember it. However, let's say the movement and sounds you heard were natural sounds; possibly some mice behind the door, that your mind translated into whispers, what you'll remember is hearing whispers.
There's a technical term for it: mondegreen. Hearing is a 2 step process, we have the auditory, then the meaning of that sound (that was a car. That was a bird.) Mondegreens occur when, somewhere between the sound and the meaning, communication breaks down. I can't say for certain that's what it was, because there's other elements to look at. But it is a possibility.
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-06-03)
nym-nym - Thanks for your reply! Other posters might ask you lots of questions but please accept them for what they are. The readers will possibly require more information on your experience to be able to provide you with advice.

I'm so sorry that the first comment to you was a negative one 😐. My advice to you is to ignore that.

Regards, Melda
nym-nym (1 stories) (5 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-03)
[at] Melda: Hi! Thank you for your kind words. I'm glad that I'm not alone in this. Just want to straighten things out... Since it was the summer holidays, only 3 apartments were inhabited. The landlady, Nick's family and mine. Nick's fam was out, the landlady was asleep and that leaves my mom who was doing laundry. It was the safest neighbourhood and that's why all parents had no problem leaving us kids to our devices. I was adored by all and I made no enemies... I only heard the whispers when I placed my ears against the door. As for any other incidents on the roof... At least 2-3 more, fortunately with Nick. I never went back there by myself. We saw things beings thrown out the store room and a woman's voice and sometimes the feeling of not being welcome (there was that heaviness in the air which would disappear once we go back downstairs). 😨
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2017-06-03)
tigrezz - I don't want to be rude or argumentative.

This is a new member on this site, as are you and I for that matter.

If you cannot figure out what the story is about, ask the OP or wait to hear what other posters have to say.

I don't believe that it's fair to say that her story is "sarcastic and full of attitude".

Regards, Melda
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-03)
nym-nym - I understand only too well how terrified you must have been, specifically being so young. I too had many scary experiences as a child, so you have my sympathy 😊

It is difficult to say whether this was paranormal or not but it would have had to have been one very nasty human to lock you out there all on your own and not at least tell your mother where you were. The whispers must have come from somewhere, not perhaps the slight rustling of trees? I am not saying that that is what it was, just offering some suggestions.

It seems possible that this might have been a paranormal event, especially given the information you later received from your mother.

Did you ever have any other strange experiences on that rooftop?

By the way, many people of all ages talk to trees! You would be surprised how many people have an affinity with trees.

Welcome to YGS and I hope to hear more from you 😊

Regards, Melda
nym-nym (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-06-03)
[at] tigrezz: I've been trying to figure things out, myself. Since I have nobody here who has had similar experiences, I'm at a loss as well. I thought giving a detailed picture of my surroundings and lifestyle would help. But, that is one of the vaguest of incidents ever. The problem is that I was so young. I ran away as soon as felt fear. 😕
tigrezz (1 posts)
-4
7 years ago (2017-06-03)
Sorry to say, your story sounds more sarcastic and full of attitude. Trying to figure out what the experience is about...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: