You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Tours & Haunted Hotels :: Night At The Hotel

Real Ghost Stories

Night At The Hotel

 

This is an incident which happened last year when I went for a trip with my friends & Boyfriend to Shimla which is a famous hill station in India.

I belong to Assam and Shimla was a long journey after a 3 hours flight and 4 hours of drive. So when we finally reached our destination, we checked-in in our hotel but didn't bother to check the rooms as we've booked it online and we were in short of time too. So, right after leaving our luggage at the hotel we went to explore the famous "Mall Road" which has some old buildings that belongs to the colonial era.

After we came back to our hotel we realized that it was kind of shady as we could see only 3-4 staffs and there were very few other guests at the hotel and mind you Shimla is a hot spot for tourists but we didn't bothered much as its a cold place and it was the month of January so that might be the reason for lesser number of guests.

I shared a room with my boyfriend and we decided to order dinner, as I tried to call the reception number I could hear a static sound, as if someone picked up the call and is saying something but for some reason it wasn't audible. I tried again but it was still not connected. My boyfriend went to the reception himself but there was no one there.

He asked me if I wanted to go out for dinner and though I didn't wanted to as it was freezing outside, I was hungry so we had to go out. Our friends already ate at the evening so they decided to stay back.

Coming back at the hotel, we saw the reception was still empty and we thought may be the hospitality isn't that good in the hotel as it was kind of cheap.

I went to the washroom to freshen up, and could hear faint knocks on the door, I kept saying "Two more minutes" thinking it was my boyfriend but he kept knocking so I opened the door and asked him what his problem was to which he seemed clueless as he was playing games in his phone. It was strange as I had clearly heard something, I thought may be because of the mild blizzard outside I might have heard something else.

We went to bed and fell asleep immediately as we were really tired. At around midnight I felt really cold, as I woke up I could see that my blanket was not upon me and I am a good sleeper, so there's no way that I had removed all three of the blankets.

I saw by the watch it was 2:05 am. I went to the loo, as I was washing my hands I heard a noise and a coin came rolling over to me on the ground. I was shocked as we haven't kept any of our clothes in the bathroom. So there's no way that's possible. For a moment I froze there, I couldn't move and I felt a shiver down my spine. I heard the faint knocks again, at this point of time I wanted to scream. I closed my eyes and kept praying, the knocks faded and I rushed towards the bed and woke my boyfriend up who didn't heard anything at all.

After I explained him everything, he checked the bathroom and found the coin but no source of where it came from. I was scared to my core and my boyfriend somehow convinced me that we spend the night there and would change the hotel the next day. I hugged him and slept.

Next day I kept the door opened while using the bathroom. While checking out there were staffs at the reception, as we asked them about our experience they seemed to be used to it and brushed us off saying, "Aisa hota hi rehta hai yaha" (These kind of things keep happening here).

We booked another hotel and completed our trip. Nothing happened after that.

Other hauntings by Rose97

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Rose97, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

dontbeme (2 stories) (10 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-08-17)
Greetings Rose97, coins are also used to ward in evil by hanging them in the place of dark rituals and also by registering them with blood and sindur before such hanging. It could DEFINITELY be an unholy place which had a past of such activities. Or it might be that, something bad has happened there with someone, which might in a way be related to that coin or coins in general. Only if someone knew the past behind the hotel!
Rose97 (3 stories) (10 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-07-07)
Hello sushantkar. After reading many posts about how a coin could be used for a planchette to communicate with the other side, now I am actually thinking may be there was some entity which wanted to talk to me, it might not be a bad one because it never tried to cause any harm.

And yeah changing the hotel was actually a wise decision 😁
Rose97 (3 stories) (10 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-07-07)
Hi AugustaM, I really hope it was a good sign from the other side.

I tried to research a little about the hotel but as it was a really small hotel, there was no such information in the internet but I'll definitely try to interact with the local people there if I ever visit Shimla again.
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-07-05)
Hello Rose97, I would reciprocate the same what AugustaM had pointed that different cultures have different interpretations
Sometimes coins are often used for Planchettes and other mediums to communicate with the other side and often it is very hard for the people to identify or impossible to guarantee what or who you will be communicating with.
Coins used for such purposes are often associate with dark practices can act as a medium through which malevolent entities might tries to possess the person who touches/came across the path.
It was a wiser decision to change the hotel... Not because of the coin of course but for the poor hospitality 😁

Regards
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-07-05)
Traditions are different all over the world but in the West, at least, having coins materialize is a positive sign often taken as a greeting from a late loved one.

It would be very interesting to find out what the history of that hotel might be or the ground it stands on!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: