You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Djinn

Real Ghost Stories

The Djinn

 

Greetings from Singapore!

This is my first time posting and to be honest, I am superbly glad that there is a website for me to share my experiences with!

I'll just have a short intro' about myself, and I will proceed with the incident!

During my pre-teen all the way to my young adulthood, I was actively involved in Wicca and practiced magick spells on my friends and myself.

Of course it might sound a little weird per se because I'm Asian and Asians have their own fair share of Black Magic practices.

However, ever since I watched " The Craft ", I was very excited and started to dwell deeper into this " safe " occult.

As years went by, I started painting my room black and had a huge Pentagram painted on my floor.

My room was very dark and I only lit candles and had my curtains drawn but instead of a freaky outlook, I felt that my room was safe, as I had my little potted plants that I revived through hours of meditation practices.

Once, I even put a curse on my friend in school for bullying me.

The next week, she fell into a drain and broke her arm.

Of course at that age, I thought it was real.

And I really believed it!

Moving on, as I got really serious in this Magick stuff.

My nights became freakier and I started to feel unsafe when I blow out the candles in my room to go to sleep.

So this one fateful night, I remember meditating for a few hours on my study table that is attached to my window.

My room had only one candle that I placed on a plate in front of me and at that point of time, I worshiped the Fire Goddess Freyja.

After the session, I blew out the candle and tucked into bed.

I fell asleep peacefully.

Barely a few minutes later, I jerked awake violently.

My chest hurt and I was screaming but no sound came out from my throat.

The reason to my screaming?

There was this tall, green scary looking thing with crazy hair (it had no face) right on the right side of my bed, pressing down on my chest.

Cold and just... Eew.

I was paralyzed, I couldn't breathe, I was panicking and I couldn't even move my head to turn away from that thing with long arms.

To make matters worse, it was only half-bodied.

No legs, no nothing below the torso.

I will never ever forget that image in my head.

After what seemed like hours, the green thing disappeared!

Just like that!

Miraculously, I started screaming like there was no tomorrow until my dad barged in my room and told me to wake up cuz I did NOT want to open my eyes in my dark and (now scary) room.

I have to admit that I went berserk and screamed at my dad.

He told me to take my ablution (cleansing one's body in Islam) and calm down.

He made me sit down in his room and told me that he needed me to stop my practicing and focus on being pure and clean.

He told me that what I saw, could be a Djinn (you can google it!) and that Djinn probably wanted to know who I am.

What freaked me out was that my dad told me that my uncle (his younger brother) from Malaysia is a spiritual healer and has mentioned to my dad a couple of times, that there are " things " in my room.

And he refuses to step foot in our house again.

Djinns can be evil, some can be inquisitive and all that.

I myself am not sure.

Up until today.

So ever since that incident, I repainted my wall white, threw all of my magick stuff away, I started praying and believing in my Creator.

Although I do sometimes falter, but that incident stays on my mind until now.

And so because of that, I am afraid of the dark, dark corners, hollow eye sockets and empty rooms.

It has become so bad until I refuse to sleep alone or without one light switched on.

I am currently working and multi-tasking as I type this down.

I will share more of my experiences after this incident.

I believe that these things just don't go away at all, once you are a part of it.

Other hauntings by aisyah1987

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Singapore

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, aisyah1987, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

the22centuryboi (2 stories) (25 posts)
 
5 years ago (2019-03-11)
Nice story Aisyah. I have heard about Djinns a lot in my town in India. It is said that girls shouldnt go out in the night with the hair let loose. It seems Djinns like girls with hair let loose. Though I don't belong to that religion, nor do I practise a religion as such, could you shed some light on the Djinns?

I also want to thank all the other members who commented. It is always good to have knowledge shared like this. It helps a lot of people judge for themselves what is right or wrong. Thanks all.
aisyah1987 (2 stories) (31 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-10-05)
Hi guys!

Been a while!
So sorry was pretty caught up reading other stories, I haven't been checking my comments haha...

Hey [at] Bibliothecarius!

I was young and naive that point of time and was dumb enough to think it's the Fire Goddess!

My apologies hehe...

[at] pokemon_trainer

It was not a one off thingy... I actually have been experiencing weird stuff since I was a kid but did not acknowledge it as my dad is always dismissive of my sights.
Reaper666343 (9 stories) (36 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-09-23)
This story reminds me of an event that happened to me as well. However, not a Djinn in my case, it was either a demon or a shinigami (so I have been told). I don't think Sleep Paralysis is the only thing that occurred here. I think it is part of what happened, but you are right and something was very interested in you. Has anything else like this occurred since?

Keep safe

Reaper.
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-06-29)
(Zaruje's comment was posted while I was typing up my comment! Now it looks like I am causing trouble! That wasn't what I meant to do!)
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-29)
Zaruje: I think your comments were written with the best of intentions: "I shared this because I don't want the OP to have the same ending."

I sincerely am curious about your conciliatory comment to Mack: what does "I went OA" mean?
1) Overeaters Anonymous tries of help people control their diets through self-acceptance to obviate the psychological dependency on unhealthy foods (high sugar, fat, or salt content) that briefly boost endorphins to feel better.
2) The Green Lantern Corps is governed by the Guardians who live on Oa; however, as your "A" was capitalized, and the proper name of the fictional world contains only one capital letter, I presumed this was not what you meant.
3) There's apparently a TV show using OA as its name, but I have no context for this.

Technically, a "pagan" god is a member of a pantheon which is not represented within the world's major religions. This means polytheistic faiths that have many adherents (such as Hinduism) are not pagan because of the number of people who adhere to that religion. There is at least one group in the US who worship the deities of the Norse pantheon, but as they are a small group, their religion is considered pagan. Fortunately there's a term for this type of religious group: "Neopagans." Neopagans are not limited -in the strictest sense- to the dictionary definition. This grouping includes religions which teach Animism, Polytheism, Pantheism, and Monotheism; grouping them together, despite their not being of the same religious tradition or worship, makes them a group of about 1,000,000 people. That's not really a lot of people on the global scale, but I suspect it does mean that it should be sufficient for the purposes of suggesting that Neopagans have enough loosely-associated religious practices to call into question the negative/dismissive connotations of the word "pagan." Just doing a quick search on Google demonstrates that last year there were 2.2 billion Christians, 1.6 billion Muslims, 1.1 billion non-religious, and 1 billion Hindus. Everyone after that belongs in a category that is in the millions, or a fraction of a million. (Honestly, when the metric is "type of religious belief" it seems weird that the third largest group --the group I'm in-- is basically the people who answered "No.")

I've tried not to jump in to this conversation over the last few days because I know that my constant questioning can be upsetting for some people, and I had no wish to offend. The statement "I saw my friend levitate, speak different language and yes crawl to the ceiling because of doing/ practicing THINGS" leads me to agree with Rook's request that you submit that narrative so we can understand what you are describing. In my case, it's because the word "things" is the verbal equivalent of "wait a moment because I cannot remember the name of that topic, item, or indescribable combination of assorted objects/data/opinions to which I am referring."

Frankly, I'm really curious about the details to which you have alluded, but I am also deeply concerned that this conversation is beginning to detract from Aisyah's narrative.

Best,
Biblio.
Zaruje (15 stories) (182 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2017-06-29)
I don't have any videos nor I captured any during that time. But I do have her picture when she was still "ok".

Sorry for my rude comments about "pagan gods". You were right, I was speaking out of something I do not completely understand. Hope u accept my apology and to the OP, sorry for making this a Big Deal.
roylynx (guest)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-28)
Zaruje, I have the same opinion with Sir Rookdygin.

I have friends of different backgrounds too, and it is kind of uncomfortable hearing one's believe being rebuked, we are not flipping your comments around really.

I am awaiting you to write your story for us so that we know what you are onto. Sorry if you feel my comments too are "flipping"

E.Lynx
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+4
7 years ago (2017-06-28)
Zaruje,

No flipping out here I come from a back ground of 'pagan gods'.

From what you have stated...

"I saw my friend levitate, speak different language and yes crawl to the ceiling because of doing/ practicing THINGS."

This makes you a DIRECT WITNESS and I humbly request you submit that experience, with names changed to protect everyone's Identity, so that some UNDERSTANDING of your POINT OF VIEW may be found.

Your experience with your friend and any recordings (video or audio) as well as photographs (if any exist) would truly help us to understand just where you are coming from.

Respectfully,

Rook
Zaruje (15 stories) (182 posts)
-1
7 years ago (2017-06-28)
And for further info, yes she WAS a fan of pagan gods. Maybe I went OA on pagan gods, but that was what the priest told her mother. Still "don't flip".

But if you want to go on with "Zaruje, what puts you in the position to determine which gods are false and which are true?" then sure I can rant all day just to make sure I make my point.

Sorry for being so rude but still,...
Zaruje (15 stories) (182 posts)
-1
7 years ago (2017-06-28)
Hello Macknorton. Yes I do have the same principle in Gods and Universe. In the case of my friend, she ended up in mental hospital after the exorcism or whatever the priest do to her, because she keeps on saying that there's something behind every people that we meet (I don't know what she meant by that) until she became hysterical. I shared this because I don't want the OP to have the same ending. As I comment before, "don't flip".
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+4
7 years ago (2017-06-28)
Hi Zaruje

I'm going to wade in here. So am I understanding that in your opinion, BECAUSE your friend was a fan of "pagan" Gods, she ended up in a mental hospital?

What is a "pagan" God in your opinion?

I personally don't believe in people actually levitating or climbing up walls and ceilings because of "spirit" influence. That, to me, sounds like superstition, a made up story, fantasy, urban myth, a magic trick, or a scene out of a cliched horror film.

In my humble opinion it doesn't really matter what God you believe in, or whether you actually believe in a God or not. It's bigger than us. We can't understand it fully.

Opinion: The Universe has existed forever and will continue to do so for an infinite time. Its infinite, try considering something that has always existed in perfection and always will. Meditate on grasping INFINITY. It's ALWAYS existed and fills up EVERYWHERE. Explore THAT concept until your brain aches and it literally can't conceive that concept. In my opinion, once you can easily understand that idea then you might be on the way to maybe understanding what we think our God actually is.

It's perfectly balanced and regulated by a force that we, as a barely evolved species, can't even begin to understand with our puny little minds.

In my opinion, it's laughable that people form these religions then claim to not only fully understand a Creator but to also say they have the final word or truth on the subject. I think it's a very close-minded, blinkered way of looking at an infinite Universe. As people we realistically only have a very limited capacity to actually even to begin to fathom this situation of existence that we all find ourselves in.

That's my rant over, thanks for reading.

Regards

Mack
Zaruje (15 stories) (182 posts)
-1
7 years ago (2017-06-28)
And one more thing. AugustaM, I saw my friend levitate, speak different language and yes crawl to the ceiling because of doing/ practicing THINGS. She is a fan of pagan gods and began practicing their rituals and now, tho she's cured, she's staying in a mental hospital back in our province. So yes, frankly, I think I am in a position/right to say so
Zaruje (15 stories) (182 posts)
-1
7 years ago (2017-06-27)
First of all, I never meant to sound rude. It is in our own decision on what faith or religion to follow.

AugustaM - don't flip. My comment about the OP's story is base on what I have understood. And yes Melda is right. I understood that the OP is leaning more on the dark side that's why he/she is experiencing things.
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-27)
AugustaM - I'm definitely not taking sides here. Perhaps Zaruje is of the opinion that the OP was worshiping Satan? Perhaps a bit of a language thing.

Zaruje, only you can answer that. Please do!

Regards, Melda
roylynx (guest)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-27)
I agree on Azrael, nothing wrong with you believes. A few things that might be helpful I am not sure which religion it is, but "fire element related spirits" usually are the closest to mankind in most culture as I know of. They are believed to be very protective and powerful, just to let you know.

Djinn, or whatever that you have encountered might just be a weaker entity wanting the remaining energy from the candle. In my grandmother's tribe spirits are like a person. They eat, drink, live and die. But like all living things, they choose what to take in, like a living things needing different things (like, jaguars eat meat, macaques eat fruits, and we human eats mostly everything edible in order to survive).

Back to the comment, "element related" spirits take whatever element they belong to (fire, earth, water, etc) other weaker none elemental spirits might just take anything available. So it is believed to "clear" everything up (cleaning the environment, removing dirt, etc) would prevent any weak spirits, not saying that it will repel every spirits; doing that prevents weaker entities at the same time will let stronger spirits in, that is what I understood from my grandmother, I might be wrong.

My believe is most of the time what we encounter, there is nothing as "evil" and "good" spirits. Most religions tell such stories just to educate people to do good things than bad things. It is a way to set an example for people... Not saying that the old books are meaningless, do not get me wrong. Cheers!

Blessings from São Paulo
E.Lynx
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-27)
Zaruje, what puts you in the position to determine which gods are false and which are true? The bottom line is that nobody *really* knows - that is why religions the world over are based in beliefs and faith not scientific fact. I am an agnostic with pagan leanings - my prayers have never and will never summon a demon even though I am not praying to Jesus Christ, Jehovah or Allah. You need to have respect for religious practices outside of your own.
MAS814 (6 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-06-23)
Literally want to read more stories from you. Are you still encountering stuff like that?
Zaruje (15 stories) (182 posts)
-2
7 years ago (2017-06-23)
First of all stop worshipping false gods. And stop practicing "magic". I know we all have the liberty to choose our religion and faith but it just seems off and annoys me that some author share their experience about this and that without knowing it's their fault why they experiencing it.
Sorry to be rude but I think it's common sense that whenever you dwell longer to the dark side, things will surely happen
pokemon_trainer (guest)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-22)
Hello aisyah1987,

I'm intrigued by your story. I was wondering, was this a one off paranormal experience or have you seen other apparitions such as the Djinn or others?

I have to agree with the other comments and say that I believe it was sleep paralysis - I have had this before too and I couldn't open my eyes, however I sensed someone standing over me and could hear heavy, angry breathing. So I understand how terrifying it is. However, if it indeed was a Djinn then I would suggest trying to cleanse your room or speak to your uncle and ask him to heal or cleanse your soul (if you believe this would help).

Lastly, I look forwards to reading your future posts!

Best wishes,

Pokémon_trainer
Argette (guest)
+2
7 years ago (2017-06-19)
Good points, AugustaM. I'm not a student of religious practices, but I think I get what you are saying.

Biblio, I always learn something from you.

I am out of my league here.
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-06-19)
The frequent dichotomy that arises in stories of polytheism-evil, darkness, damnation and monotheism-goodness, light, salvation is troubling to me. (Interestingly, it is typically western polytheistic traditions that are tarred with this stick whereas Eastern polytheistic practices that are more commonly practiced today are not typically judged in this way at this time - I blame the influence of the Catholic Church... But that could be bias.) Just because you were experimenting with a polytheistic system does not mean that evil will necessarily be summoned - no more so than pentagrams, black walls and candles are in any way inherently evil. Moreover, simply paying lip service to a monotheistic system (not that I am accusing the OP here) isn't going to bring any sort of peace. It's all about intent and belief - if you belief in the system of your choosing and the intention behind your prayers is good (and you have done your research) - no matter which form of practice you use, you aren't going to summon evil forces.
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+4
7 years ago (2017-06-18)
Greetings, Aisyah.

I've just spent a week prepping my notes on "Beowulf" for next year's World Literature class, so my head is full of these narratives at the moment. The first question I have is "why did you think Freyja is a fire goddess?"

Despite being one of the Vanir (the more "elemental" gods), she also has specific domains of influence over mortals (which are the roles of the Æsir). She has several key responsibilities, such as fertility, Norse shamanism (seiðr,) and ruling over one of the realms of the afterlife: Fólkvangr. (Half of the warriors who die in battle attend her hall, while the other half go to the more-familiar Valhalla, Odin's mead-hall.) Some of these mixed responsibilities may have been due to poets conflating Freyja with Frigg; other mistakes would have arisen when the two tribes of gods negotiated a merger into a single pantheon. There are fire gods in Norse mythology: Hálogi (a fire giant) and his wife Glöð ("gl-UH-th"), who live in Muspelheim, the land of fire. It is the inhabitants of Muspelheim who shall shatter the Bifrost (Rainbow Bridge) signaling Ragnarök, the "twilight of the gods."

Djinn, as many members are aware, are sentient beings of smokeless fire who have free will according to the Qur'an.

I hope, for your sake, that AzraelX and Argette are correct in their suggestion of Sleep Paralysis --which can include horrifying nightmarish images-- to explain your experience. This is the answer that seems most likely to me, too. However, IF this had been a paranormal phenomenon, there's no telling what manner of entity would be summoned by misattributing the responsibilities and characteristics of deities during serious spiritual meditation.

Please, take care when engaging in worship. It is always a good idea to ask questions and to perform research about your religious belief/practice, as they make you an informed participant in your faith.

Take care,
Biblio.
Argette (guest)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-17)
Sounds like it, AzraelX.

The first time sleep paralysis occurs, it freaks you out. Google it for more info, or explore this site a bit, Aisyah.

Although this was all very frightening for you, it sounds as though you now have it all together, even though you are still experiencing some fears.

You are right; it takes time. So go easy on yourself.

Welcome and thanks for posting.
AzraelX (8 stories) (115 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-16)
That you were paralyzed and couldn't move could hint at Sleep Paralysis/Night Hag.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: