You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Strange Night

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Night

 

My husband and I owned this 1-bedroom apartment a while back that we used to rent out. The apartment was pretty well maintained with all the furniture, a TV and a fully functional kitchen, etc. When the tenants moved out, we decided to spend two days at the apartment cleaning it and setting it up for the next tenants. We had spent many such weekends there and I had never sensed anything negative in that apartment. Just so this narration makes more sense, here's a quick floor map of our apartment. The main door opens to the living room. To the right of the living room is a hallway, at the end of which, is the bedroom. In the hall way, there is a loo and a bathroom. To the left of the living room is the kitchen. The living room and the bedroom, both have balconies. The hallway has a small attic, just about 4 ft in height.

So, anyway, we went over one Friday night after office with the plan to clean and set it up by Sunday afternoon. By the time we reached the apartment, it was around 10. 30 pm, and my husband got a call on his cell phone. When he picked it up though, it was just static. The number never flashed in the ID as it said, 'Private number'. This happened about 3 times, but that's not the weird part. What was weird is, there was NO record of those calls on his call log! Anyway, we didn't think too much about it, cleaned up the bedroom and settled to watch a late night movie. It was a funny movie so, by the time we dozed off, close to 1.30, neither of us were thinking of the creepy call.

Around 1.30 am, I dreamed that there were about 20 kids (around 4-7 years of age) trying to get into our apartment. And for some reason, I found them creepy. I tell my husband that we should hide in the attic so they go back thinking there's no one home and I see my husband and I both crouched in the attic, hoping they don't see us, not making a single sound, so as to make the kids outside feel there's no one home. I also see one child has managed to come in somehow and is knocking the bedroom door.

That exact moment my husband wakes up screaming and I am jolted awake. I ask him what happened and he says he saw a child in our apartment's hallway, trying to get in through the bedroom door. I told him to pray and get back to sleep. He gets freaked out real quick, so I never shared my nightmare with him, though I joined him in prayers. Knowing him, he would have wanted to drive back home that instant and honestly, I was too scared to venture out of the apartment that night. Nothing happened after that, but we sold the apartment anyway last year when we bought a bigger one. Though I loved the tiny apartment, this one strange night still gives me the creeps.

Other hauntings by Ravishingroxy

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Ravishingroxy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-10-18)
Quite a creepy experience, I totally understand how freaked out you must have been. It is hard to explain but yes sometimes strange things occurred on the place where nothing bad has happened before. The calls were creepy too. I am glad you both moved out of that place.
Ravishingroxy (4 stories) (18 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-06-28)
[at] argette: it is strange that I loved the apartment and never ever experienced anything before or after that one creepy night. We were the first owners and know of no accidents. As for the land it was built in, I don't know much except that it was bought by the builder from a lady and her aon who owned it.
Ravishingroxy (4 stories) (18 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-06-28)
[at] melda: We had two tenant couples living there prior to the incidents and one more after, but no one has ever told us anything. Neither did we ever ask, though.
thegreenmachine (3 stories) (16 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-06-19)
This is really creepy. I'm more creeped out if the entity or being is in the form of a child. I really don't know why but there's something about the little ones that pushes the scare level up.
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-06-19)
Ravishingroxy - Did the previous tenants ever mention any strange happenings in the apartment?

It seems to be more than mere coincidence that you should have such a frightening dream and then your husband waking up and seeing a child trying to get into the bedroom 😨

As far as the cell phone is concerned, I've often heard of this happening, plus the number of a deceased person showing up but nobody on the other end. Strange!

Regards, Melda
Argette (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-06-18)
Roxy, I know the awful feeling one gets from dreams like that! But how odd that you and your husband had such similar experiences (which reminds me that my husband and I had similar dreams last night, but not spooky.)

Did anything about the apartment scare you prior to this experience? Do you know any of the tenant history, or building history?

Very frightening. I could feel my heart beating faster as I read it. Going into my faves!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: