You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Haunted Closet Or Sleep Paralysis

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted Closet Or Sleep Paralysis

 

Here's another experience that I wanted to share since long... But had been too lazy and would 'haunt' this site, reading other stories, but never putting mine down.

Around 2009-2010, I shifted to a new apartment and that is when I experienced sleep paralysis/old hag for the first time. Unlike what many posters here say though, I was never awake. I would be deep in sleep and feel an entity "trying to take my soul down with it". Though a writer by profession, that is one feeling I can't yet put into words properly. I would feel like my soul and life was being sucked into some whirlpool of sorts and would wake up tired and groggy after 9-10 hours of sleep!

The experiences worsened when I got pregnant. In fact, one day, I was asleep at about 8-8.30 am, I experienced the usual attack.

I felt like I had somehow managed to escape and walked up to the door of my bedroom, but a force pushed me back in. When I finally did walk out, I walked through the hallway to the kitchen to find strangers cooking in there. They took no notice of me, but I could see a whole bunch of strangers inhabiting my apartment. It was like some parallel universe because my family was nowhere to be seen and I was the only one from this realm in that apartment! That was the freakiest feeling, and I am getting goosebumps recalling it, 5 years later, today.

Then I went back to my bedroom and prayed fervently--that's when I woke up finally and found myself in 'our world'. The soul sucking continued until one day, I had a dream in which I saw my family deity (again...had such a dream before when I was being troubled by the paranormal around year 2000, when I was in MD, US) saying there was an evil entity in the space where my closet was-right next to my bed. (I know... The classic monster in the closet... Sounds cliche...LoL). That morning I stuck a picture of Goddess Durga (who also happens to be a form of my family deity) and prayed to it and over the closet. The 'soul sucking' incidents immediately stopped. No more apartment hijacks by strangers from the other realm. End of story. Touchwood, I lived in that apartment until June of this year, without a single episode. Carried that picture I'd stuck on the closet door to my new apartment, framed it and pray to it everyday:). Hope you guys found this story interesting.

Other hauntings by Ravishingroxy

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Ravishingroxy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-08-10)
Ravishingroxy and Cups,

You are very welcome. Have fun, it's a fascinating subject. 😊

❤ Dee
Ravishingroxy (4 stories) (18 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-08-10)
[at] Cups:i am glad u shared your experience:). About smudging, I don't live in that apartment anymore. And back then I didn't know about smudging and aother cleansing rituals... So I put up a picture of Durga and prayed. The incidents stopped soon after thaT.

[at] CuriousDee: thank you for sharing the links. My weekend is sorted. Researching AP and OBE.
Cups (7 stories) (159 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-08-10)
Correction to my earlier post: *not* had any problems, not "jut"... I need to stop perusing YGS as I'm half-asleep! CuriousDee - thank you! Guess what I'll be doing today... 😁 The feeling of being underwater is a great description - that feeling of pressure, and trying to walk through the deep end of the pool... Not a fan.

RavishingRoxy, I did not intend to use your story as a place to vent my own experiences... Sorry about that! Glad we've shared something similar though. 😉
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-08-10)
Ravishingroxy and Cups,

What you're both describing does sound like OBE (sometimes OBE & AP are used interchangeably). OBE is when you leave your physical body and stick close to the earth plane. There's a theory that the earth plane vibrates at a much slower rate and is 'heavier' as opposed to higher planes (faster vibration/lighter).

When I've experienced OBE, it can sometimes feel as though you're underwater (that heavy feeling), which may have something to do with control and mindset. If you're interested, here's a link to William Buhlman's site:

Http://www.astralinfo.org/obe-keys-to-control/

The section 'Keys to control' answered a lot of my questions and explains things in an easy to understand way. There is a ton of info out there though, so doing the research always helps.

All the best 😊
Dee
Cups (7 stories) (159 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-08-10)
It's terrible. I wrote a brief blurb about it in one of my experiences & since moving into the house my grandparents built, I've had many - luckily not lately. It is the absolute worst feeling aside from losing a loved one (in my opinion). I smudged & smudged, and since then have jut had any problems - you may try that. ❤
Ravishingroxy (4 stories) (18 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-08-10)
[at] cups:OMG! U described it pretty well... I don't sleep walk either... And this "heavy feeling"...walking through the house... Trying to 'wake' up... You are bang on point with that drscription!
Cups (7 stories) (159 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-08-09)
Hi Roxy, I might side with Dee on this... Maybe astral projection? I've had similar experiences over the years that felt like what you're describing though I've never quite been able to put it into words, either. It's like being asleep, but awake, and I always felt very heavy and found it almost impossible to wake up though I knew I was dreaming... But wasn't. If that even makes sense. I too thought it was sleep paralysis at first, but it may be AP. I wouldn't describe my own experiences as feeling like something was trying to soul down with it, but definitely a suffocating, HEAVY feeling of negative energy as I'm wandering around my own house, trying to wake up... As I'm asleep in bed (I do not sleep walk). Very difficult to describe. And I hate it!
Ravishingroxy (4 stories) (18 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-08-08)
I have heard of AP... Never really read up on that. I will now... To determine what it really was 🤔 🤔 🤔 thanks for your insight...
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-08-07)
Hi there Ravishingroxy,

Your account had me thinking you experienced Astral Projection or had an Out of Body Experience (OBE) instead of sleep paralysis. Especially your description of feeling a force when walking through your bedroom door and encountering strangers in your kitchen. It would line up with what some individuals experience during AP or OBE. Just a thought anyway. 😊

Thank you for sharing ❤
Dee

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: