You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Tremors And Shakes

Real Ghost Stories

Tremors And Shakes

 

I will start with some background of my reason to write this, I apologies if you do not find my story well written, but I am having difficulties finding out how to describe my experiences.

I grew up in Denmark and as a kid I did not have an interest in the paranormal, except the usual, scary stories, movies and the like.

About 10 years ago, a friend of mine bought an old farmhouse at the west coast, he asked me to help him with some maintenance tasks, there was a lot of garbage in the old stable, mainly broken plastic tubs, and tarps. The previous owners had used the place to grow marijuana and this was what had been left by the police.

While working in the stable we often heard voices, like a conversation, but could never make out the words.

What happened one evening has followed me since then, and is the reason I am writing my story.

While I was moving some boxes the whole building started to shake, much as I would imagine a earth quake, but this being Denmark we rarely have earth quake at a magnitude you can feel and at this point I had problems staying on my feet and getting out of the building.

Coming out of the stable none of my friends had felt anything, which is impossible as they were sitting on a bench bolted to the wall of the building, we were looking for plausible explanations but could not find any.

Closest road was almost 200 meters down a drive way, so it could not have been a truck, no neighbor building within shouting distance and obviously no subway system in the countryside.

Since that day I have often felt minor tremors or shakes when sitting or lying down, but there is no movement in stuff like lamps or chandeliers or other evidence of movement actually happening.

Often when this happens I hear sounds, voices or see movements out of the corner of my eyes.

Sometimes when I am walking the ground will feel swampy, as if I am walking on wet dirt, or on plywood on top of mud.

At these times I will often be confused or distracted from what I am doing.

Once when I was feeling the tremors the extractor hood in the kitchen turned on both fan and light, and other times I have had bottles falling over, and a recurring problem with stuck keys on keyboards.

I have gone to the doctor with this several times and have had several tests done at the hospital to check if there is any physical reasons for me to feel these tremors, but the doctors have found nothing.

I was wondering if anyone have any ideas as to what this could be.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jayejay, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

jayejay (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-08-17)
Hi all.
Sorry I have not been more active, but I was away on holiday.
While in Romania I was put in touch whit someone who was introduced to me as a Carpathian Sharman.
After talking to him, he informed me that he believed I had what he called a location attachment.
He described it as receiving a radio signal from a portal or haunting, without being aware of it.
He did a ritual that involved smoke salt and water, and for the past week I have not felt any of the symptoms.
Has anyone heard of a Carpathian Shaman and location attachment before because I have never heard of it.
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-07-29)
Greetings, jayejay.

First, my apologies for adding this comment a bit late: lots to do around the house (indoors and out) in the summer.

Second: your going to a doctor for a test is a VERY good idea. I would caution you that you need to explain to the doctor in clear, descriptive terms the environments in which you have the experiences, and the details of the experience. If you have an obsessive-compulsive disorder (for example) your brain may be hyperactively seeking to put background information into clear "sensible" patterns, when no such patterns exist. If it is physiological (such as ladycastlemaine's suggestion of M.S., Parkinson's, B.S.E., and so on) you will want to have the medical treatment to prevent the continued symptoms and to slow its progression.

Here's why I suggest telling the Doctor as much as possible:
I had a slightly-dislocated kneecap for 4 or 5 years (which hurt like hell in winter), and when I was sent for testing, the x-ray technician put a wedge-shaped cushion under my leg so the x-rays would only pass through the knee joint. Unfortunately, this adjusted my knee and pulled the kneecap back into place for the x-ray, which showed no problem with my knee, therefore I was imagining the pain. Oddly, my wife told me that my bad knee *actually felt colder* if she rested her hand upon it. When I remembered to tell this detail to my regular physician during a check-up, he sent me to be evaluated by a physical therapist. She compared the placement of my left kneecap with the right kneecap while I was *standing upright* in summer shorts, and she prescribed a 3 month regimen of slightly-boring repetitive exercises. I was skeptical, but willing to try; my knee no longer causes pain for about 95% of the year. Explaining *in some detail* will prevent doctors from sending you for the wrong kind of tests. *IF* this is a purely medical issue, then you want it cleared up soon.

However, if taking the tests reveals nothing, then you will want to consider having a spiritual cleansing, getting blessed by a priest or minister with whom you feel comfortable, and/or declaring aloud the boundaries any spirits/entities should follow (e.g., "you are not allowed in the bathroom or my bedroom, but you may talk with each other -and with me- in the living room").

Let us know how you get on with the tests, etc.

Best,
Biblio.
AllisonElizabeth (2 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-07-25)
It could be health problems but it could be a spirit has stuck with you. I would seek someone who is able to speak to spirits on the other side like a medium. It would not hurt to make sure. Also you can try natural stones to help keep spirits away if that indeed is what it is. Black Tourmaline and smokey quartz. These stones have a protection against energy attacks from the living or the souls that have passed to the other side. Keep them on you. In your pockets or wear as jewelry and you can sleep with them under your pillow. I send you well wishes and good luck on finding out what is going on!
jayejay (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-07-19)
Thanks for your comments, all the test I had done on this was done in Denmark.
I am currently living in the UK so maybe it would be a good idea to have it checked out here, as they might have a different approach in a different country.
L_Melb (220 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-07-18)
I agree with ladycastlemaine, I too was thinking this may well have a physiological origin.
Unfortunately, sometimes it can take an effort to find the right doctor who looks for the right answer.
Sincerely hope all goes well whatever the answer is 😊
ladycastlemaine (8 stories) (14 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-07-18)
I am glad to know you had the bottles moving too when you felt the tremors, because then you know it wasn't you. Can you go back to the doctors one more time for a second opinion? I don't want to be alarmist, but my friend used to feel this, as if a large lorry was passing her building and making her shake. Doctors fobbed her off, but ultimately it turned out she has Multiple Sclerosis.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: