You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: House Shopping

Real Ghost Stories

House Shopping

 

Many years ago I was shopping for my first home. A family member was with me along with the realtor. I was pleasantly surprised that the realtor found a beautiful house in my price range that had more than I hoped for in size. A few steps into the front door was the staircase to go down into the basement. My relative and the realtor called from the basement for me to come down and see how nice it was. I never went beyond the front door.

As I absorbed the beauty of the house, my eyes were quickly drawn to the entrance of the kitchen. I saw a white elderly man walk out of the kitchen with a slight limp. He rested his right hand on the wall and curiously looked at me for a moment. He turned around and went back into the kitchen. A mental message (not a voice) came to me that this was his home, he enjoyed sitting in the kitchen and he was dead and didn't know it. I refused to enter his house. My family member and the realtor loved that house and later said they didn't see anyone when they walked through the house. Has anyone else seen a spirit in someone else's house?

Another experience was in an apartment I lived in. I lived alone in a small apartment and I was a pretty quiet person. I was resting in bed and felt someone kiss my cheek. I just began praying and nothing else happened.

Another time I was resting in bed on my back. I felt an energy coming from the ceiling towards me. It felt like pressured air coming towards me. I felt a kiss on my lips. I flipped onto my stomach and began reading my Bible, nothing else happened.

Another day I was in bed and I heard loud banging, rustling noises outside my bedroom door. I was so scared I called the non emergency police and went out my bedroom window (I lived on the first floor). I went out the window with my keys and went to my front door and opened it. No one was there.

One day I came home and saw an employee coming out of my apartment through a sliding glass door. I called the office of the complex and they said he had no reason to be in my apartment. I moved soon after that. I often wondered if that employee brought that energy/entity to my apartment. I wondered what he was doing in my apartment when I wasn't there. There was no food to eat and nothing for him to steal. Maybe it was a coincidence, I don't know. Any thoughts?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, IwonderY, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Isee1111 (1 stories) (5 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-05-14)
Thank you Melda. I'm only seeing your comment now, almost a year later. I didn't know you replied to me...I'm sorry!
Isee1111 (1 stories) (5 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-07-28)
Your story reminds me of something that happened to my husband and me when we were house shopping. We went with the sales agent to see a very old house, 100+ years old. We were the only 3 people there. We went in the front door, closed it and looked at the first floor and then the second. The house was very small so we were finished and ready to leave within 10 minutes. When we went to leave, we found a rocking chair sitting right in front of the front door on the INSIDE of the house! How did it get there? Nobody was there but us. We had to move the chair out of the way so we could leave. Needless to say, we didn't buy that house.
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-07-24)
IwonderY - Fortunately for you the elderly gentleman put in his appearance and you received the message loud and clear. I'm assuming that he didn't plant that message in your mind - he wouldn't have if he thought he was still alive!

The chances are that he made life very difficult for the people who eventually bought the house.

Was the employee you saw coming out of your apartment ever confronted regarding his presence in there and if so, what was his explanation?

There is no knowing whether he had anything to do with the unpleasant events you experienced there. It might just be that you are open to the supernatural and therefore you experience these events.

Perhaps you should consider having yourself blessed (according to your religion, if you follow any specific religion) or consider a cleansing method. I know many people recommend sage. There are a number of members who use various cleansing methods, I am sure they can offer you advice on that.

Rookdygin has an excellent ritual for home and personal cleansing on his profile page. Perhaps have a look at that for a start.

Regards, Melda

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: