You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Haunted Shopping Centre

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted Shopping Centre

 

My name is Pete. Two years ago I used to work at a shopping centre in the North Eastern suburbs of Adelaide. My job there was a maintenance officer. I've seen 3 apparitions there, 2 were full body and the other was a shadow ghost. I'm still not certain if this was my imagination or real.

I was standing in the workshop trying to locate a can of paint when out of the corner of my eye I saw a pair of black silhouette type legs walk towards me. When I looked up there was nobody there. This did make me feel uneasy as you get a lot of temperature fluctuations here and I quite often felt like I was being watched.

Another experience I was heading back to the centre management office. As I got to the door (which was a white wooden door with opaque glass in the top half) I notice an old lady waiting to be served by our receptionist. I remember seeing her blue rinse color hair and a pink cardigan or jumper through the glass. I remember thinking I'd better be careful when I go in as I don't want to hit her with the door. I eased the door open and looked in a bit to see if I would miss her but she wasn't there. I fully opened the door even looked behind it she had vanished. I said to the receptionist where did the lady in the pink top go? She said what lady. I told her what I'd seen and her response was shut up Pete your scaring me.

This next part happened at the same shopping centre but 2 years prior when I worked there as an air-conditioning service technician. I was checking the BMS for Aircond faults. The BMS is located in the operation manager's office which comes off of the reception area. There were three of us in the room, myself a security guard and maintenance officer. I got up to go into the reception area as my apprentice had come in.

As I walked over to sign him in I noticed a teenage boy standing there. I remember thinking he looked odd he wore a grey school shirt with the big tab collar and shoulder length hair like he was from the 70's. He stood there looking lost. I said hello he just nodded. I turned to see what my apprentice was doing. As I did this the security guard said where did that boy go? He couldn't have walked out the office as we were by the only exterior door which was shut; also my apprentice and the maintenance officer said what boy there was nobody there. Only security and I saw him and both agreed on his appearance.

I hope you enjoyed my experiences. I have lot's more but will leave these for another time.

Other hauntings by 87calais

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, 87calais, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

87calais (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-06)
Thanks everone glad you enjoyed my experiences. The shopping centre isn't real big. Single story with 3 majors eg kmart. I know a security guard died on site and a police officer. But that was back in the early 80's. I can't say which centre it is for legal reasons. I have seen lots of apparitions my first when I was 4 years old. You would think I would get used to it but it still scares me. I will tell you those experiences another time. To Darkness, yes it is my Calais. Maroon over silver, 5litre v8.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-23)
Cool story! You last encounter got me thinking... Could the mall have been a school at one point in time and the ghost looking confused or lost might be because he didn't recognize his setting.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-23)
87calais: Firstly is that your Holden Commodore? If it is there awesome!

Liked your story mate it is very rare to see a full body apparition even more 2 people and being during the day that is quite full on. Curious to know the history of this shopping centre are you able to disclose it at all? I'm from Perth and would love to look into it. Cheers!

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-22)
Wow, great story. Multiple appearances like that, you must have a gift!

This story made me think, once again, how many apparations we may have seen in our life time, but have not recognized them as apparations because they looked real and we passed on by or, we did not see them disappear? Kind of blows my mind to think about it!

Thanks for sharing! ❤
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-22)
87calais,
Great story! It's a little startling to get those mid day, full blown, technicolor apparitions right in front of you huh? At least you weren't the only one on that last example you gave, validation is a great thing to have to keep you from thinking your losing your marbles.
The first two sound residual in nature. The last one could be an intelligent haunt, but without knowing if he'd been seen before by anyone else, and making the same nodding gesture, it's hard to say.
Either way, it was a great read and I can't wait to hear more about your other experiences.
Thanks for sharing!

Jav 😊
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-22)
Whoa there, omg! Who are you? I'm pretty new here myself. But I have to ask, what are your credentials and what gives you the insight to make such bold claims about the character of the writer? You must be some sort of psychic or something, because you seem to know for a fact that these people are outright liars. Do you perhaps know them personally? Being a skeptic is great. I'm all for it. But really, who are you?
RachelChum (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-22)
Darkfantum:
Just letting you know that "that guy who wrote the comment calling you a looney" is actually called Looney85... Looney is part of the name not a snide comment to 87calais.
Also can you not use that language on this site and, I know you're only young, but please use spellcheck before you write anything.
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-22)
Just out of curiosity is this place you were in like a massive shopping centre or a relatively small one?

I'm wondering if it's out of the habit of what they used to do in real life these spirits are wandering around doing their day to day business as it were? 😊

Do you ever go back there, or have you been back there?
moravian (1 stories) (171 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-21)
Freaky... Man those stories are freaky. I've had similar experiences in a book store I worked at in upstate new york... But not as bizarre. Thanks
looney85 (3 stories) (188 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-21)
87calais Thanks for sharing these awesome experiences! Cant wait for you to post your other encounters! I think you are quite sensative to this things, and that's the reason why you can see them!

Keep us posted!

Looney! 😊
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-21)
Wow. It's experiences like this that keep me coming back to this site and wading through all the - if you'll excuse the slang - crap that gets posted. I'm curious for more details of this shopping centre. Is it old? Does it have any history that might explain these sightings? Or, perhaps you (and apparently the security guard) just have the ability to see such things wherever they are.
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-21)
Thanks for sharing 87calais. Very intersting that only you and security were able to see him. I wonder if the cameras caught any of these appearences. Can't wait to hear more!

Luv ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: