You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Meli The House Spirit

Real Ghost Stories

Meli The House Spirit

 

I live with my boyfriend in a small, quiet townhome. It had only been built in the 90's, so there hasn't been a lot of activity with other spirits. Only every now and then I will see them if they come into my bubble of comfort. Most times I would have to ignore them for my own safety. But one constant spirit is the house spirit (if you read my Stewart The House Spirit story then you would understand what I am talking about).

The little one likes to hide from me, mainly because I am the newcomer to the home and she is rather shy. The few glimpses I've had seen of her are very definite. She looks to be around 10, dirty blonde hair in a ponytail, and a yellow (sort of raincoat-ish) dress. There's nothing much else I can say about her appearance since she always seems to have her back to me or running away from me.

I brought my dog and my parrot with me when moving in, much to my boyfriend's utterly sarcastic delight, and they seem to like her as well. Back at my parent's house, both my pets learned to live with Stewart and he never really played with them. But this little girl loves messing with my bird and playing tag with my dog. They like to interact with her and they haven't felt afraid so I believe she's a very pure spirit.

My boyfriend had said her name is Meli, she was the one who gave him her name, and usually my boyfriend is the one who talks to her. It is still a new house for me so I was still trying to get comfortable with her, even if she was nice and friendly. Her favorite thing to prank me with so far is to turn off the TV during the climax of my shows. I will usually kind of roll my eyes and just tell her stop, to which she would turn the TV back on.

Now, the only time I had seen her get protective is when I was first moving in, which is understandable, but she has recently gotten on edge due to the spirit following me around. I wasn't aware of this male spirit until one morning when I was getting ready for work. I was in my makeup/dressing room (my boyfriend's place has 3 bedrooms and we only use one so I took over a room for my clothes and make up and costumes) and just getting my face ready when I heard someone knocking at the door. Thinking it was my boyfriend, I was kind of annoyed that he was bothering me since we had gotten into a fight that morning, I just rolled my eyes. Then I heard my name being called and a "You need to let me in". Kinda sick and tired of the knocking, I opened the door but there was no one there. Now my makeup room is at the end of the hall so you'd have to run down the hallway super fast just to be out of sight when I open the door. I got scared and grabbed my dog and ran downstairs to find my boyfriend playing video games on the couch. I asked him if he was the one who was knocking at my door and telling me to let him in, to which he looked at me horrified and told me to just go to work and he'd cleanse the house and tell the thing to go away.

I don't think it went away, which is making Meli very weary.

Other hauntings by milky

Comments about this paranormal experience

No comments yet, be the first! Please read our guidelines before posting. The author, milky, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: