You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: I Inherited My Childhood Home

Real Ghost Stories

I Inherited My Childhood Home

 

When I was little, me and my family lived in a small house in NSW (New South Wales), the house was pretty normal but by the time I became twelve things got strange. I have a Brother and a Sister and lived with my Mother, me and my sister got along pretty well so I always told her about the things that happened to me.

First off I would like to note, when I was eleven I was given a locket by my Father. On the day the clasp broke shiat started happening. It's just a random fact, it's probably just a coincidence. But me and my Father didn't have the best relationship at the time, so it's a fact I take into account.

Anyway, one weekend around noon, my Sister, Mother and Brother went out shopping. While they were gone I heard crashes and the sound of glass smashing, but found nothing to be broken. My cat started staring at my closet, clawing and hissing at it, but whenever I opened it she ran away only to come back once it's closed.

A week later I woke up in the middle of the night to the sound of a woman crying, I got out of bed and walked around the house but found no one. I went back to bed but couldn't fall asleep, due to the sounds of heavy breathing and footsteps echoing through my home.

I waited another two weeks, again waking up around at night around one in the morning. I felt something dig nails into my ankles and neck, hearing heavy breathing and a little girl screaming bloody murder.

My house has three different voices or ghosts, Jason, (the ghost who threw stuff around with my first experience,) Lilith, (the crying woman, from my second experience,) and Polly, (a little girl who was murdered on my street, and apparently died on my front lawn, she is the ghost who screamed and stuck her nails in my neck).

Anyway, yeah. If I have any paranormal experts read this, please tell me what to do, or if I should move.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, TheDirector, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

terranigma (9 stories) (71 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-03-24)
That would creep me the hell out. Thank you for sharing, stay safe.
RSAChick (115 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-03-19)
Have you found any newspaper articles of Polly dying on your front lawn or any history of your house and the closet guy or crying woman?
The murder of the girl sounds newsworthy but I couldn't find anything with a quick google search.
You should cleanse your home. No need to let these spirits hang around.
truffles (1 stories) (9 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-03-19)
I was wondering how you knew the names of the ghost or did you just give them these names.
RCRuskin (9 stories) (811 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-03-17)
Hi, Director.

You say the events started when your locket, a gift from your father, broke. Do you know anything about the locket, such as if it was previously owned by someone?
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-03-17)
Your house and experiences sound a bit similar to my own childhood home. Your title says you inherited the house, are you living there currently? I do not live in mine, but still visit frequently as my father and two brothers do. The footsteps, voices, breathing and animals reacting all happened and still do. I've shared a few stories here.

I know how frightening it can be and wanted to ask a few questions if that's ok? As stated above, did you inherit your childhood home? If so, are you still experiencing activity? You described incidents you experienced as a child so I'm curious if they are still occurring. You provided names for the ghosts; did you learn of their names or give them names? Our resident spirit was nicknamed "George" for some reason by my mother (We don't know his actual name). For example; We would hear footsteps and ask "George" to please stop.

Sorry for all the questions. I'm sorry you're going through this. ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: