You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: Little Girl From Down The Street

Real Ghost Stories

Little Girl From Down The Street

 

When I was little, I apparently was able to see, sense, and talk to spirits. The ability slow diminished over time and now I can only sense and see them if I'm caught off guard.

So this is a story my mother told me about when I was 3-years-old (I'm 21 now).

I was a chatty 3-year-old. I would like to talk to people and I'd also be rather blunt with what I said. I could easily make friends, to much of my mother's delight, with older and younger kids. I was never alone or lonely.

My mother had just given me a bath for the night, made sure everything was locked and the alarm was on before telling me to play by myself so she could shower. I apparently had told her that I was going to play with the new friend I made and she laughed it off, thinking I was going to play with the new Barbie that my great grandma had gotten me.

A short time passed and my mom got out of the shower, got dressed, and was ready to put me to bed. I was nowhere in the house. My mom checked everywhere, but she simply couldn't find me. Hearing some laughter coming from our backyard, she looked to see me on my swing set. (Now, some background to this, I had two swings on my swing set. One swing was low to the ground, so I would be able to get on by myself, and the other was rolled up to be a little higher, just so I wouldn't try to George of the Jungle from swing to swing.) She rushed out, making sure to disarm the house and unlock the door, and found me on the taller swing - the one I'd never be able to get up on by myself. I was swinging happily, with the lower swing next to me also moving like it had someone on there. My mom was scared, snatching me up, asking me what was wrong, how I got out there, and how I got up on the swing.

I explained to her that I was playing with my new friend, like I had told her, and she helped me climb onto the big girl swing. I also exclaimed that my new friend was a year older than me, she always wore her nightgown, and she said she lived down the street from me. My mother rushed me inside, locking all the doors behind her and asked me what the name of the girl was. D'Anna.

My mother was shocked.

The year I was born, 1996, a little 4-year-old-girl was raped, murdered, and stuffed into a trashcan right down the road from where we lived. Granted she died in February and I was born in June, I would have never met her. Our paths would have never crossed. My mother remembered how nice the little girl was when she would come up to play with our neighbors.

I don't remember how I got out, or how I got up onto that swing, but I remember how nice D'Anna was and how she smiled.

If you want to find out more about D'Anna (or proof she even existed) follow these two links:

Https://newspaperarchive.com/pacific-stars-and-stripes-feb-19-1996-p-1/

Https://www.upi.com/Archives/1996/02/19/Guam-girl-killed-as-dad-in-drunken-sleep/6829824706000/

Other hauntings by milky

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, milky, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-03-23)
Milky,

I feel so much sadness for this little girl.

I hope she has been able to move on and find peace.

The way she died my goodness.

Thank you for sharing
Sincerely
Spiritwaiting
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-03-17)
I'm sorry to say that if she is still in the neighborhood she is an earthbound spirit. This can happen when someone dies a violent death and never gets justice. You can help her cross over by letting her know that people that love her are waiting for her beyond the veil. Assure her that the person who hurt her will not be there and that is where she truly belongs.

Red
RCRuskin (9 stories) (817 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-03-05)
[at] Beautinside, there are many words in Greek that translate to English simply as love. Just off the top of my head, these are the ones I remember:

Storge (parent/child love)
Caritas (from which we get the word charity)
Eros (physical and sensual love, it includes but is not necessarily sexual. If you say you love ice cream, it is probably this sort of love.)
Philos (friendship, brotherhood)
Narcissus (self love)
Agape (the highest form of love)
milky (4 stories) (10 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-03-05)
Hi Jubeele!
I don't know if she ever appeared to her father, since he was placed on suicide watch and moved out of the neighborhood shortly after. It is something I might ask her when I go to visit again. I believe she plays with the new children down the street, which is why she doesn't visit my parents house no more (that and because they got rid of the swings when I moved out). Thank you for your comment!

Hello RCRuskin~!
I can understand your anger. When I was old enough to comprehend what happened to her, I was on a man hunt for the man who did it to her. Sadly, I've still found nothing. But I am sure she is still happy to be playing around with the other kids.
BeautInside (3 stories) (326 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-03-05)
Hi RCRuskin,

I didn't know the term "phile" meant "brotherly love"! After learning this it really doesn't suit the type... So better stick with monster instead.

I completely understand your anger getting on the way, I felt it too and couldn't write the right things otherwise they would be censored...

This was a strong little girl. Seems to me that she dealt with her "demon" after passing away, and just kept being a kid... It kind of warms my heart knowing she still likes being a child. Though I hope she finds confort and the peace she mostly deserves. ❤

God bless.
Jubeele (26 stories) (895 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-03-04)
Hi milky, it always makes me unbearably sad whenever I read about spirits of children. That poor little girl - it makes me want to stick sharp objects into that monster. 😡

I'm glad D'Anna still retained her innate sweet nature. She clearly meant no harm to anyone and made you a nice playmate. I wonder if she ever appeared to her father or was it only to other children?

If your parents still live there and when you get a chance to visit, maybe you can say a little prayer for her and wish her well. ❤

Thank you for sharing this moving experience. Welcome to YGS.
RCRuskin (9 stories) (817 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-03-03)
BeautInside, I... Well, I don't think pedophile is exactly the right term, given that phile means 'brotherly love,' hence Philadelphia.

The folks were term pedophiles don't seem to show that kind of love. You are right, though. They are monsters.

Milky, many times I have tried to start writing a reply to your story, but my anger just gets in the way.

"But woe to those by whom offenses come. It would be better for them to have a millstone about their neck and cast into the sea."

I hope D'anna has a place reserved for her in Heaven.
milky (4 stories) (10 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-03-02)
Hello BeautInside,

It is very sad what happened to her. But with how little she is seen now days, I do believe she is happy - just lingering. I believe she is having fun with some of the new babies living on the street. ❤
BeautInside (3 stories) (326 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-03-02)
Hi Milky,

This is so sad... This is the worst that could ever happen to a child, and it revolts sooo much! Pedophiles aren't human beings, they just can't be... They are monsters...
I hope this little angel D'Anna, as all other angels, have find their so deserved peace.❤

Thank you for sharing your experience along with the links.

God bless.
milky (4 stories) (10 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-03-01)
Hi Loneybone!
Now and then, I will catch her talking to my outside dog. But D'Anna doesn't come to visit me anymore like from when I was smaller and I don't live in my parents house no more. It was really sad what happened to her. I even believe the man who murdered her didn't get any jail time.

I don't mind if you share my story at all!
loneybone (8 stories) (78 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-03-01)
Great story wow that is truly chilling. Have you had any other encounters with this D'anna? Thanks for sharing. Now for some reason I feel really sad because I feel so bad that such an innocent child had to go through this.

And hey I am going to start making videos on you tube about paranormal stories and murder cases, do you mind if I share your story?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: