You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Annoying Haunting

Real Ghost Stories

Annoying Haunting

 

I can't think of a better title than annoying for what is going on at the moment. I have had encounters with ghosts/spirits for as long as I can remember. I remember things were always odd at my grandmother's house, I spent a lot of time at her house when I was younger. Things would move on their own, I had been pushed violently on more than one occasion things would disappear, and friends and family would also encounter strange things. If she didn't like you then sure enough something would happen to you.

I had found out some things from my mother years ago that my grandmother also did other strange things such as actively calling out to a spirit/being to go get someone. She would also kill small animals when I was a child and say things in a language I didn't understand. I have no idea if what she was doing was some sort of magic or she was just crazy, but she definitely hated my mother and us kids, except my sister.

That was all thirty plus years ago and she is dead now. I have seen/experienced so many things since then it would be a very long read so to make a long story short some of the things I have experienced is seeing people I know and have them disappear in front of me. They are solid form and look exactly like a real person. I have had this happens about 4 or 5 times since I was a kid.

I've seen things that look like people. I can see all their features but they are like a shadow. I have seen one in particular that appears under smoke alarms and will set them off. It is about 7 foot, looks like a reptile type of thing and wears a cloak.

When moving from a house, I had returned to finish cleaning when I had to return to my car to get something and found I had been locked out of my car with the keys in the ignition. I walked into the house to get my phone and come back out to call my husband and to have a cigarette to find all the doors and windows wide open.

Not sure if this is related to anything but it is surely weird and happened when I pulled up to the house. There was a huge amount of dead flies outside the garage door. I mean huge amount, like a foot long mound.

I've seen people that disappear, weird smells like a lady standing next to me with old-fashioned perfume, stenches like a broken sewer. Pretty much always feel like someone is watching me, have things go missing a lot and return in odd spots. Have seen mists, and I used to have a something black the size of a bowling ball that used to come out of one wall and go through the other that my cat used to always chase.

I have moved about 40 times in my lifetime, so I definitely feel like it is something to do with me rather than a haunted house.

The last few years I felt like something is trying to annoy me and not let me sleep, so much so that I can no longer go to sleep without medication.

My kids are being woken up by something in their room. They say a tall man with a cape and hood, not sure if this is the same thing I have seen. My son says there is a boy with sharp teeth and scruffy hair that hangs over the top bunk and looks down at him. Lights are on in their room all the time as it seems to help a bit.

Every time I try to go to sleep, I hear someone calling mum and banging on the wall and rattling my cupboards. They have metal rings on them for handles and make a very specific noise when you open the drawers. The noise banging on the walls happens when I have stayed elsewhere as well. I am not asleep when this is happening but it can start as soon as I close my eyes. I have tried turning the light on and watching for the noise but nothing happens when I am looking that way. As soon as I look away it happens.

I tried to get help from paranormal investigators a few years ago. They did catch a toy being moved and footsteps but they couldn't help to get rid of whatever it was or shed any light on the situation.

To be honest, I feel like something is trying to wear me down and I am getting worn down. I am so tired and feel like the wall I have been keeping up is beginning to fall down. I have also sought out several so called mediums and healers that have charged hundreds but they did nothing to help. I have also cleansed the house often sometimes daily, while it feels like it helps a bit it doesn't remove it entirely.

Sorry for the long read. I have shortened as much as I can. Hopefully someone here can offer some insight. I have done much research over the years and never found anything that is like this.

Thank you for reading.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Just_Alice, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Mazzmarach (2 stories) (78 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-04-26)
Ahoy Just_Alice,

Good advice from the regulars on this site. I am a mere spectator in this realm, and haven't had anything paranormal happen to me so take what I say with a grain of salt. You are describing the beginnings of an oppression, it seems; either that, or someone's trying to talk and you've been ignoring them for years; possibly subconsciously.

When you mentioned that your grandmother "hated your family save your sister", what do you mean by that? Did you ever talk when she was still on this plane, or did you have very important-seeming unfinished business? You need not answer here if you don't want to; these are just questions that popped into my head and could mean nothing.

If you're religious, keep a talisman of protection with you; use it as a focus. Give some to your family as well, if they want. Keep positive, and keep your ears open but guarded.

Go with God,
Mazz
BeautInside (3 stories) (326 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-04-24)
Just_Alice,

The part that worries me the most in your account is the part that you feel "it" is wearing you down and it's succeeding. So I must agree with AugustaM as I've read also somewhere (let me emphasyze that I am not an expert) that it might be a sign for an attempted possession.

You were already given good advice by my fellow readers, but I'd like to insist that you should contact a priest, pastor or someone with that type of "power" accordingly to your religious belief.

Please take care and I wish you and your family the very best.

God bless.
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-04-24)
On the one hand, none of your experiences seem to have frightened you or your children on the other hand, you are feeling worn down by the activity, which I have read can be an early sign of an attempted possession. I am no demonologist, mind you - I just read a lot and its something I've read. But the fact that there seem to be no fear tactics seems like a ray of hope. I'd say keep up the daily cleansings - get as many in the household involved as possible. Maybe try several different methods of cleansing. As you cleanse, set ground rules for these entities and as each day goes on and things occur, remind them of the rules. Do a bit of research into items traditionally used for protection (from certain plants to crystals) and add to your space (or to your person - a saint medallion, crucifix, crystal, small sachet of specific herbs, etc) what speaks to you. Depending on your belief system - speak to someone from that institution. Perhaps most importantly, keep yourself and your family positive, strong and happy- cook your favorite things, go out as a family, take part in activities together, start a new hobby or join a class.
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-04-22)
Just- Alice,

After reading this, I can't help but think you're actually sensitive to spirit/psychic. Have you ever been told this? This is just the vibe I'm getting; but it feels like there might be spirits reaching out to you for... Something. I'm just not sure what. You mentioned the activity follows you, but doesn't appear to be malevolent. You used the word annoyed and that your wall is coming down.

It sounds like you've blocked off some kind of connection or communication. Does any of this make sense?
Zaruje (15 stories) (182 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-04-21)
Just_Alice

That is just pure horror. I can't even imagine you and you're family going through with it. You said you sought help from a lot of medium and helpers, but they didn't lessen the problem. Maybe this time, you need help from a priest or a pastor from you're church.

I saw this episode from "possesion" (I don't know if it is still the name of the show) in CSI or I think it was History Channel. The mother and the family experienced the same things so they consulted a pastor from their church. It turns out, the mother was being or was trying to be possesed by a demon. I hope this isn't the same case as yours. I pray for you and your family's safety and thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: