You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Grandmother Comes To The Rescue

Real Ghost Stories

Grandmother Comes To The Rescue

 

I have never written anything on this site before, but I have always been interested in the paranormal and have read many of your stories.

Anyway, my sister and I were out on a Saturday morning visiting the graves of our parents and grandmother. My grandmother is buried in a church cemetery way out in the country and very desolate.

When we went into the Cemetery we opened the gate and did not close it back. We were standing at her grave when some very rowdy young men came by and saw us. They turned around and came back. At first they just sat and and were standing by the car drinking beer, laughing, and yelling inappropriate things to us. To say the least, my sister and I were very frightened and upset. My heart was beating so fast, I thought it was going to jump right out of my chest.

After a few minutes they started towards the open gate and all of a sudden the gate slammed shut all by itself with no help from anyone. Those guys turned around, yelling profanity and left so fast it was comical.

I'll always believe that it was my grandma looking out for us. There is no other reason for that gate to slam shut on its own. It was a beautiful day with no wind blowing. I believe she reached out from the grave and saved us from a dangerous encounter with those men. I felt her presence and things became very peaceful. She always loved and looked out for us when she was alive, and did the same from beyond.

Anyway, if you read this any thoughts would certainly be appreciated. Later I will publish other encounters I have with what I believe to be paranormal experiences.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, andersongail, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-04-25)
This was a good read andersongail. It was funny and scary. It's been said often here that the living people can be more scary than those who have passed and this is a great example of just that.

Welcome to our club and thank you for sharing. I look forward to reading more from you! 😊
BeautInside (3 stories) (326 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-04-23)
Hi Andersongail,

Those rude and disgusting young men definitly deserved a lesson, and I believe your grandma taught them a good one!


Thank you for sharing this experience.

God bless. ❤
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-04-22)
Andersongail,

I'm so sorry you had to deal with those rude, immature men. To me (and many others), cemeteries are a sacred place. I'm disgusted with their actions. I often visit my mother's site at the cemetery and would be appalled if that happened. I do believe you had some backup that day. I hope those men learned their lesson and I hope they were "scared straight".

Thank you for sharing ❤
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-04-22)
Hello and welcome to YGS.

Andersongail - though I usually like to look for more logical explanations before assuming a paranormal encounter, I want to think that, in this case, your sister and you got the help from your Grandmother and, perhaps, some other spirits that weren't too happy about having to endure the company of those scoundrels. 😠

Ha! The brave bulls turned out to be no more than a group of chickens!.

Thanks for sharing this fascinating experience with us, I'm looking forward to read more of your stories.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: