You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Hypnotist Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

The Hypnotist Ghost

 

This story is about my very first, and so far most frightening, encounter with the paranormal. Before I begin on what I experienced that night with my two friends, let's call them Tracy and Samantha, background information is needed. Tracy and Samantha are twin sisters who live in a small house on the lake, located in the south-eastern area of Wisconsin. I had visited their house many times before, and on every trip I would have to pass by this very small cottage, which was actually the size of a shed. It was very obvious the cottage was abandoned since the windows were smashed out, and the door was boarded up.

One day while taking a walk with Tracy past the cottage, I looked over to her and said, "Did someone actually live there? Look how small it is". "Yeah, a long time ago," Tracy replied to the best of her knowledge. She went on to tell me about a "hypnotist ghost" that actually lived in the house. Curious about the ghost, I asked her what she meant. She explained to me that a couple of years ago, a friend of hers, who lived in the neighborhood, was on her way over to the local bar to get some food after leaving Tracy's house. About three hours had passed by without any sign from her friend. Tracy and the girl's parents finally found her standing in front of the small cottage, staring into the window appearing to be "hypnotized..."

Now, I know how much Tracy likes to exaggerate on some things (the three hours for example), but for some reason I believed that her friend actually did see something in the cottage that was able to catch her attention. My odd feelings for that house increased every time I had to drive by it, and since there was no other way to get to their house without going passed that cottage, I had to.

It wasn't until a Friday night in the summer of last year, that the story about the ghost in that cottage really made me believe. The twins and I, along with some other friends had gone to see a late movie. Since I picked the twins up, I was in charge of taking them home that night.

As my car pulled onto their road, I couldn't help but think about having to pass that creepy cottage again. As we neared the house, I looked over at Tracy who was sitting in the front seat (Samantha was sitting behind Tracy in the back) and say, "Man, I really hate that house!" Just as soon as I finished expressing my views on the cottage, I felt this weird jolt of some sort of energy pass through the right side of my body. To this day, I still can't fully describe the feeling, it was like an energy, but unique in some way. The feeling actually froze me for a few seconds until we were clear of the cottage. Pulling into the twins' driveway, I looked over at Tracy. "I just got the weirdest feeling as we went by that house," I said. "Yeah I felt that too! On the left side of my body!" she replied. "I felt it on my right!"

We sat in the car for a few seconds, trying to explain the feeling to each other. Meanwhile, Samantha was in the back seat looking at us like we were both crazy. When I asked her if she felt anything as we went by the house, she said nothing seemed strange to her.

The cottage was eventually knocked down later in the summer, and now I don't fear having to pass it on my way to their house. It was an experience I will never forget.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Wisconsin

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kt218, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-22)
There are certianly places and sreas that have a sort of 'aura' about them, escpecially after hearing a story or seeing delapitated un-kept areas.

I am not implying you did not experience a strange phenomina driving by this house, but... It may have paranormal, it may also have been what I like to call the 'heebee geebees', just a feeling of discomfort, passing by thi shouse would certainly do that!

Thank you for sharing your story with us!
God Bless!
kt218 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-21)
I really don't like to consider myself sensitive to these things, since this was the first and only time it has ever happened. I don't think this has ever happened to my friend before either. It may have only been a one time thing.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-21)
On my way to work, Monday through Saturday, I pass several patchwork woods. I travel down old country roads, many of them traveled so infrequently that the farmers have to go out every spring and grate them as the ruts get so bad they actually cause accidents.
Down this one stretch of road, in the fall, I would get chills. All I could ever see were these patchwork type woods and fields in various stages of harvesting, never saw anything else. I would get so nervous going down this one section that I would turn the radio up and sing so loud that I mangled most of the songs.
Come winter time, on that same stretch of road, a side road became noticeable. I would catch myself peering down it to see where it led. Once all of the leaves had made it out of the trees what appeared to be a two or three room log cabin came into view. I could see the windows (long since knocked out had large pieces of what I assume to be furniture in front of them) and tattered curtains hung on bowed rods. I was on edge immediately and felt a sinister presence.
I began to avoid the house by looking over the field on the other side of the road as I drove by, finding alternative routes, that kind of thing until the day I saw the footprints from the door to what I assume is an outhouse. That got me thinking, and asking. The home is supposedly haunted by a man who no one has seen for many, many years.
LOOOONG story short, the man is a hermit of sorts who simply has no one in the area that he is related to and therefore lives his life alone in a supposed haunted house. He sees things, and hears things, but does not know if it is because of his advanced age. (😉 He LOVES a good apple cobbler too.)
If I had listened to all the stories about the house, this month I would have never met this remarkable man. You can not knock on this door to see if it is all true, but usually the stories that are larger than life, Are.
Thank you.
nighthawk (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-21)
You and your friend must be sensitive to places that have imprints of feelings and such.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-21)
k2
Sounds like you and your friend are sensitive. While this can be a good thing or a not so good thing you may have it. I guess we can ignore it or go with it depending on our beliefs and fear level. We always tend to be scared of what we don't understand. I don't know what causes one to be sensitive. They say we all have the ability but with some people they don't have to work at it. It just comes naturally.
BriFischer05 (14 stories) (169 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-20)
Interesting story. Your mind could have very well influenced those feelings but sometimes places do hold a feeling or 'imprint' because something very extreme happened their at one time.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-20)
Hello kt218. Certain places can look and feel creepy without actually being haunted. Sometimes people can go into a situation expecting to see or feel something paranormal and their minds make it happen. I`m not saying that you didn`t have an experience because in your mind you did but in actuality it could have been an overactive imagination. Thank you for sharing your story, I did enjoy it. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
kt218 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-20)
Thanks for your comment. I'm not sure it was my imagination, I just know I've never had that feeling before in my life, and when I try to explain it to people I really can't. The timing of when it happened may have been a coincidence but it sure was strange. Unfortunately my friends and I don't know that much about the cottage. My friend has told me that a single man lived there once, and that's all I know about it.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-20)
Hello kt218. Wow, that really is a stange experience. You know how certain houses, especially ones that have been abandoned and look unwelcoming, just have a creepy vibe to it? Do you think maybe that was it and your imagination was getting the best of you, and your friend too? Do you know any history on that cottage or the property? Thanks for sharing your story. ~Shelby ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: