You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: The Man Moved With Us

Real Ghost Stories

The Man Moved With Us

 

In 2002, my husband committed suicide. Our son was 8 months old. We moved back to California to start our lives over again. I had to live with my parents, in their basement for a year until I could get back on my feet. My son was 18 months old when we got our own house. We were both excited, he finally had his own room, and we both could have a new start.

Within the first week, my son who had always slept in his own bed, insisted on sleeping with me. I thought it was just the new house, not being familiar yet. Over the next few weeks, I tried to get him to sleep in his room. If I laid down with him, he would fall asleep. The first time he saw the Man in his room I was terrified. He woke me up and told me the Man in his room won't let him sleep. I jumped out of bed, my first thought was what were my dogs doing letting a stranger in the house? I went into his room and found all three of my dogs growling, at what I could not see. I turned on all the lights and searched the house for the Man my son told me about. The only thing I found was my dogs still growling in my son's room. We both slept on the couch that night with the dog's at our feet.

Over the next year my son would still not sleep in his room. The Man terrified him. The dog's insisted on sleeping with us every night. I often felt uneasy in that house, it felt very heavy, that is the best way I can describe it. The dog's would often bark like they cornered something. On one occasion they even charged the sliding glass door from the outside trying to get in. I opened the door and they started chasing something in the house. They ran into my son's room then stopped and started growling.

My son slept with me every night we lived in that house. My son also had "brothers" while we lived there. He would play with them outside in the sand, he would play games in the house like hide-and-seek when it was raining. He told me that his three brothers wanted me to be their mommy also. Those brothers got him in a lot of trouble. Things would get broken, and moved and he would say his brothers did it. That they were trying to get him in trouble. Then he started to tell me that they were mean to him and always got mad at him. I asked him to ask them what there names were, he always said they would not tell him. At his point he was only 2 1/2 years old.

Two years later when I re-married and moved, all seamed quiet. Then little things started to happen. My son was afraid to sleep alone. He is now afraid of the dark. The dog's would bark for no reason. And the brothers showed up again. They were a point of distress for my husband. The ceiling fan in my son's room would move very slowly backwards when it was not set for backwards and was not turned on. I asked my son if he used something tall, like a broom, to spin it, he said no that the Man did it. The Man was back. Now he was older, I asked him what the Man looked like, he said just like a man, with brown hair.

Over the years I have thought it may be the spirit of his deceased father trying to contact him. I have often told him, if it is him bothering our son to leave him alone, he is scared. Then I tried telling my deceased husband if it is NOT him bothering our son to protect him, because he is scared. I'm still not sure which one it is.

Now our daughter wakes up at night saying that the Man won't let her sleep. My husband is not sure what to think. He is not sure what to believe. I have always believed in the paranormal, but he was raised strictly Catholic, and that stuff does not happen. I have smudged the house when I was the only one home. Everything seamed to quiet down, but not completely. I feel there is something here. I ask my spirit guide to help me, guide me and protect us.

What do you think? What can I do?

Other hauntings by Shellie

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Shellie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

rootwomin (28 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-01-26)
there are a lot of things you can do, and consider that these energies aren't necessarily a part of the house, but definitely following the children.

use color, scent, sound, and blessed objects in each room to keep them grounded.

have professionals come over to the house to bless it and learn techniques from them to do as well.

if you aren't particularly religious consider finding a spiritual path that resonates with you and connect with the healing and protective techniques from that path for yourself and your family.

teach your children simple protection and healing techniques.

avoid horror and suspense movies, books, and objects that feed fright in the home.

hang bells on all doors.

don't be afraid. Work on that. Be cautious, be alert, and learn which of the children has which gifts, learn about your own spiritual gifts as well, and then learn to use them for good and to avoid allowing them to frighten you.

be strong and live in the light!
Randcan (62 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-25)
Shellie, Have you said...yet?..."I plead the blood of Jesus over my children. They are protected by Christ..."
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2008-01-23)
Smudge again, Shellie.
Sometimes you need to smudge several times for it to take effect. For some reason ghosties like to hang on, and you just have to keep scrubbing at them like a spot on the carpet that had too long to set in.
Also, tell this man he has to leave, I am sorry, Hun, but he is NOT your ex-husband. I think perhaps your son, in a little guys innocence invited him to come along with him. I do not think he did it intentionally, as he is/was so young, but in action or deed the invitation was out there.
I would also tell his "brothers" to leave. Has he told you that they are so much older than him? Their influence is nothing but destructive. Just tell them all : You MUST leave. You are NOT welcome here. This door is now closed.
But smudge again, Shellie.
Randcan (62 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-01-23)
Dear Shellie,
You need to demonstrate to your children that you are not afraid (even if you are) and to tell them that it's ok for them to be frightened, but that you are going to take care of everything, and there'll be nothing to be afraid of again. It is YOUR house Shellie and YOU must CLAIM IT. Ghosts are often demons pretending to be the dead. Demons want you to believe that children who perhaps have been tormented in life (molested, murdered, etc.) are continuing to suffer in the next life; scared, crying and alone. This way, you will hate God, because only a pig would allow such a circumstance. Demons take the form of anyone, including children. By the way, I am not a born again, or religious nut, I'm just saying that negative entities, call them what you like, are out to do negative, even if they're playful or friendly at the onset or for years. KICK THEM OUT. Know that a loving entity, like your husband would be, is capable of preventing you from the sensation of fear when you see them. In other words, you CAN'T be frightened (they prevent that ability in you). They do this, because they are kind or they love you. Also, loving ones don't linger, they're finally free and off to explore so much more. Perhaps the suicide of your husband, a highly negative event, summonded a demon or attracted a hateful negative entity. Whatever the case, they (your kids) are afraid, and that's bullsh*t. Put an end to it. Get angry. Shout and kick ass. You'll be less afraid. When the kids aren't home,...Storm through the house, alone, and saying, "THIS IS MY HOUSE, IT IS A HOUSE OF LOVE, AND LIGHT, AND YOU WHO ARE HERE ARE NOT WELCOMED AND ARE TO LEAVE...NOW. MY CHILDREN ARE THE PRESENCE OF CHRIST ON EARTH AND YOU ARE TO STAY AWAY FROM THEM. I CLAIM THE BLOOD OF JESUS, AND THE BLOOD OF JESUS IS AGAINST YOU, AND YOU ARE NOTHING AGAINST THE LAMB OF GOD. THERE IS NO PLACE TO HIDE. GET OUT. YOU HAVE NO POWER. GREATER IS HE THAT IS IN ME THAN IS IN THE WORLD. I BIND YOU IN THE NAME OF JESUS AND SEND YOU BACK TO THE PITS OF HELL. And then say an OUR FATHER repeatedly as you do your walk thru. If you hear a creek or a sound, charge toward it like you're going to beat it up and bind and cast it out. Afterwards, maintain an attitude of confidence and success. You and the kids can sleep with the lights on if you want, we're only human, we build in confidence over time. God is on your side, and he created everything and can destroy anything, and all, above, and below (in Hell), must fall to their knees when the name of Jesus is spoken by you. Be comforting to your kids, but consistently tell them it's all over with. Place open bibles in their rooms, and cut out paper crosses to tape above their doors. Don't draw your kids' attention to these, but rather to your authority. And if you don't feel you can do the walk through with 100%, then think of your little babies and get pissed. IT'S --YOUR!-- HOUSE. And just do it! Have a (dedicated) priest...(preferably Greek Orthodox) bless the home in every room. YOU'RE ALIVE (this is OUR dimension!), WE'RE THE STRONGER. YOU'RE THE PRESENCE OF GOD, AND GOD LOVES CHILDREN MORE THAN ANYTHING (in the universe and in all creation). KICK AS*. I've been physically attacked twice (wrestling, for several seconds), and kicked it's as* both times, and will do it again. This Life is hard enough (as you know, with the loss of your husband), we don't need fricken entities messing with us, get mad, and all will obey and flee from the name of Jesus. "Laugh at the Devil, and he will flee from you..." YOU don't have to defeat the devil, Remember, he's --already-- defeated. Laugh and Tell him, You know The Lake of Fire is next for you. If he can scare you, then you'll THINK he has power. He has NONE. ZERO. He has NONE in the face of his maker. God made his clay, and God will bind him, and make him kneel, and then obliterate him into nothing at the instant you demand it. God is on YOUR side 100%. "Who can stand against me..."
Shellie (2 stories) (15 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-22)
I've often thought it was my deceased husband, he was mentally unhealthy, and I know he did not intend on killing himself. That is strange to say, but I left him, and he was trying to make me come running back because he was in "Danger". He played Russian Ruilette, and lost. He thought I would come back, even though I told him I would not. I told him I would not give into emotional blackmail.
I often stay up late to do my chores ofter my family goes to bed. I often feel like I'm being watched. So bad that I'm accually scared. My fear seams to be toward the french doors that lead to the back porch. I try to avoid it after dark. Last night I was up making Valentines gifts, about 1:30 am I went into the garage to get some items for the baskets, I looked at the doors as I passed and saw an orange blur move away from them. I was so scared! I ran into the kitchen to calm down and get the courage to look at the door again. There was nothing there. Nothing to even cause a reflection! I was so scared, I prayed to the Lord to fill my home with the white light of the Holy Spirit, and then ran back to my bedroom, again avoiding looking out the doors. I did not sleep well. My kids did not sleep well either. My daughter woke up crying about 2:00am, I went to check on her, I was scared to go into her room. It felt very heavy. I have started taking pictures when I feel uneasy, but so far nothing has showed up.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-22)
KimSouth (excuse me Shellie) Where have you been? Kinda missed you around here!
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-22)
Shelie,
I must say, this is extremely frightening story, and, I am terribly sorry for all you have had to endure.

It may be that as you indicated in your story, some tyoe of entity followed you--it may have not been related to the home you were living in, but to you and. Or your child.

Many times individuals who commit suicide seem to have a difficult time crossing over. Unfinished business and gulit, I think.

Regardles of who it is and what the reasons are for 'it' invading your home, it is proving to be a disruption in your home, especially to your childre.

You mentioned you ahd tried a smudge ceremony. Try placing a cross in each of the rooms, at least one, and especially in the bed rooms. Pray. Speak Bible verses out loud. Ask 'it' to leave,. To cross over. If asking does not work, tell 'it' to leave in the name of the Lord. Tell 'it' it is not welcome with your family.

Keep us posted,
God Bless!
nighthawk (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-21)
It sounds a lot like some sort of poltergeist,
you may want to contact a medium/ghost buster, until then just take some genuine non processed rock salt(Hawaiian is the best) and make a circle with it around your house that my help.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-21)
Sounds to me like these are not human spirits at all. I would not go so far as to say demonic but definately troublesome. I am not religious but I do believe in the power of the name of Jesus. If it were me I would be banishing these entites in His precious Name. Be firm and don't be afraid. I know that is easier said than done but it's your home not theirs and they need to be given the boot. Many think places are not haunted but people are haunted. So no matter where you live this could go on unless it's dealt with.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-20)
Hi Shellie. You seem to be doing the right things, just keep on doing them. You know it`s kind of like washing clothes, sometimes you have to wash a load more than once to get all the dirt out. Another thing to try is starving it. As you know these things feed on fear, try your best to control your fear -giving it less to feed on. Brighten things up, laugh, go places, do things you enjoy as a family and when something happens -ignore it and maybe like a free loading in-law it will get the idea that it`s not wanted and leave. Good luck and God bless.

FRAWIN ❤
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-20)
Hi Shellie. It sounds like a very terrifying ordeal for your children and something has to be done. Smudging does work for these situations, but unfortunately has to be done several times before it works and sometimes every couple of months or so, especially if the spirit or ghosts are stubborn and don't want to leave. You may have to seek professional help. It does seem as though these ghosts have attached themselves to your children from the other home possibly and it's obvious that they don't want to let go. Good luck and God bless you and your family. ~Shelby ❤
Kat (2 stories) (30 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-20)
Hi Shelie.
Something needs to be done, surely if it was your husband he would be comforting you and the kids not scaring them?
It seems to me that at some point they have latched on to you. I know people often advise getting a vickar in to bless the place but you have said yourself that you believe in the paranormal, I don't know if you are religious, but I would advise a practicing Occultist to come in and try guide this man and these children to the light, maybe even get some answers for you.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-20)
Shelie, whoa. Very scary. You are taking the right actions, I don't know what to say. These spirits are very attached to you and your son. What you've done is all that I can think of. Keep trying and try everything you know to get these entities o move on. Good luck to you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: