You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Childhood Experience

Real Ghost Stories

Childhood Experience

 

I'm not a person for flights of fancy, I'm educated and pretty rational, but this experience I had as a child I still often think of and wonder how anyone could rationally explain it...

It would have happened around 1976, making me 6yrs old at the time, and really it was a pretty nasty and frightening experience.

The bedroom I slept in at the time was a large one and I shared it with my older brother. There were two beds in the room, a double one and a small single one, and the beds were place side by side.

One night I was asleep and woken by what felt like a slap in the face. Waking up immediately I could see there was no one there, but looking across to the other side of the room, to the other side of the bed that my brother was asleep in, I could see a large, luminous white hand pointing straight up and almost touching the ceiling, its palm outstretched, and just there unmoving.

Obviously I was terrified and cried out, my mother came into the room and turned the light on and it vanished.

I have no doubt in my mind I saw what I saw, and also felt the slap in the face, this was in no way my imagination, I was staring straight at this thing for a good half minute.

Also, much later on as an adult I finally told my brother about it, and he went as white as a sheet and said he'd seen it too. But neither of us know whether it was the same night.

Anyway make of this what you will.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jeremy watts, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

spectravondergeist (11 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-11)
I know how you feel sort of one morning I woke up to find a little red dot then it got bigger and bigger and formed a shape of a big blood splatterd hand I screamed and went under the covers 😨
Benenbo (2 posts)
-4
11 years ago (2012-11-11)
Think you have been visited by the grudge ghost or BLOODY MARY 😯
CDMiller (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-19)
I too have had an experience with a luminous white hand! I was about five or six years old when I saw it. My Mom made me go to my room to take a nap, and I remember looking over at my closet door which was open a couple of inches and I saw it. It was Down on the floor and it was motioning for me to come to it with it's index finger. I was so scared! I screamed for my mom and she came running, the hand disappeared. For years after that I couldn't sleep unless the closet door was closed. My older brother always teased me about it and would go open the closet door just to torment me. I'm 31 now and I can still remember it like it happened yesterday.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-24)
I would definitely say this 'entity' wanted your attention, wanted you to know it was there, just as white buffalo said, probably more subtle ways to have done this, but...

God Bless!
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-23)
Wow, talk about an icebreaker! I would say this ghost really wanted one of you boys to notice it was there. Dang, A breeze probably would have worked just as well. I guess some ghosts need to learn how to be a bit more subtle.
Thank you.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-23)
I hate to sound like the odd woman out here but again you were sleeping and could have been dreaming and still dreaming when you experienced all this. The only glitch is that your brother saw it too. This sheds a different light on the matter. Not that it's impossible for people to experience the same dream but it's rare. The fact that you didn't speak of it until you were adults and both of you saw the same thing I would have to conclude there was something in that room other than a child's over active imagination. The slapping part I don't quite understand but then again I had a dream where a cat bit me and I did feel the pain. I don't know if that's because we can relate to a slap or a bite being that it's happened to us in our waking life and we recall subconciously the physical aspects of it. On the other hand many ghost hunters have been pushed or stroked or whispered to so I'm not saying a spirit isn't capable of this. My sister felt my Mother run her hand down her back after she passed. My other sister heard in her head my Mother's voice and these are both very rational people. I myself had a dream after Mom passed that she called me on the phone and said "Toni, I just want to tell you I'm home now". Then nothing. No click then a dial tone no nothing but I woke up instantly. To this day my sisters and I agree it was Mom's way of letting us know she is still very much alive and well on the other side.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-23)
Hi jeremy. Interesting story, I enjoyed it. I guess that would scare the bejeezus out of you! Had either one of you, or any other family members, had any other experiences with the white spirit at any other time? I've never been touched, let alone actually hit, so I can only imagine what it must have been like. Scary. Do you currently have any experiences, or was this a one time occurrence? Thanks for sharing your story.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-22)
Hi jeremy. I have been touched by entities, one, I believe, even tried to carry me off as I slept until I woke up and he went away. But I have never been slapped before by unseen hands. I wonder what 'IT' did that for? Obviously to get your attention but for what?! Has your brother ever been slapped in that room? Thanks for sharing your experience. ~Shelby ❤
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-22)
Hello Jeremy.I`ve heard of a ghost trying to get your attention but I think this one went overboard. I too have had a similiar experience but I was older and knew "who" hit me and what for. Thanks for sharing your story. Take care.

FRAWIN 😊
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-22)
Man, that's a striking story! (pardon the pun) but I have had similar experiences. I never saw a hand, but on a few occasions, I've been woken up by what felt like a slap to the face, only to find my room empty. Once, I was slapped so hard, I awoke and bolted upright and cried out "what the hell was that?!" Nobody there. No hovering hands or 'nuttin.

Thanks for the story.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: