You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Hag Pulling My Quilt

Real Ghost Stories

Hag Pulling My Quilt

 

I've been living in this unit I'm in for just over a year. Prior to this place I was living with my mother because I went through a divorce after a long marriage.

When I first moved into this unit I had bad dreams and couldn't sleep all the way through until the morning.

To start off with when I went to my bedroom I found it cooler than the rest of the house. On the left-hand side of my bed is a huge window and to the right is a bathroom that runs directly of my bedroom. I kept the window shut.

The first time I saw the hag, I couldn't move. I was so scared. She was short, wide, dark, and was sitting at the end of my bed pulling my quilt off me.

I couldn't talk out loud. I just kept repeating 'get out, get out' in my head until she left.

She didn't come every night but when she did I felt ill. I felt scared and unable to fight her off.

I googled hags and saw various pictures of them. I found one that resembled the one that kept pulling my quilt.

Why do these hag's visit us and try and scare us and why was she pulling at my quilt?

My neighbour's have told me that a previous tenant died in the bathroom. He hit his head when he fell. I don't know if that's why I have visitors at this unit or not. I have seen spirits since I was a young girl. My father and uncle, but not scary one's like this hag.

I know it's real because my quilt is always at the end of my bed where the hag was when I wake up.

I've read other stories online where other people have had similar experiences. I know I'm not alone.

I've started Rook's cleansing ritual today and I feel confident it will get rid of my unwanted visitor's.

Thanks for reading. No feedback required on this post. I just thought some members might be interested in other experiences I've been through besides Steven.

I'm going to continue reading about hags online in the meantime and try and figure out why I'm being targeted. πŸ˜•

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Sleeping-with-steve, has the following expectation about your feedback: I won't be reading the comments.

MrsRizzo2429 (4 stories) (93 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-09-22)
Not a problem at all my friend have a wonderful day and good luck 😊 😊
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+2
6 years ago (2018-09-21)
Hello MrsRizzo,

Thank you so much for your kind words. I really appreciate it.

I'm sure the two shadows were my dad and brother letting me know they're OK. I wasn't scared, I just had a warm feeling.

😘 ❀ 😘
MrsRizzo2429 (4 stories) (93 posts)
+4
6 years ago (2018-09-21)
Hey I am very sorry to hear about your loss. Thank you very much for keeping us posted! And that would be very cool if it was your dad how awesome! I am glad you feel safe after doing Rooks advice:) have a grovey day
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+2
6 years ago (2018-09-03)
Hello Mrs Rizzo2429,

Thank you for reading my post.

I feel protected and safe after doing Rookdygins ritual. I haven't seen Steven or the scary hag since the 9th August. I did Rooks ritual on the 17th August.

I have seen two spirits on the 28th August, however they didn't scare me. I think it was my father and brother (my brother died on August 28th), saying goodbye. They didn't stay long, less than a minute.

Thank you for your comment.

I will definitely keep you posted if anything further happens. So far so good. Rooks ritual makes me feel at peace and safe.

😘 ❀ 😘
MrsRizzo2429 (4 stories) (93 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-09-02)
Greetings
I hope you will keep all of us posted on what happens later on.
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+2
6 years ago (2018-08-26)
Hello AugustaM,

Thank you so much for up voting me. I don't know who votes me down all the time but they obviously feel comforted by doing so.

You are very kind following all the down votes and converting them to up votes. My comments are sincere, kind and frank.

I'm enjoying this site. So much to read, so many nice people, a couple not so nice, but that's life. 99% of the people here are amazing and have offered me so much help.

The ghost of Steven hasn't been back since the 9th of August. I'm trilled and have been sleeping like a baby. The hag hasn't been around either thanks to Rookdygins cleansing ritual.

Thank you so much my friend, I appreciate your sincere words and kindness.

😘 ❀ 😘
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+6
6 years ago (2018-08-26)
I saw some of those down votes too and tried to fix them - every now and then a rogue troll strolls through and flings shade randomly here and there. It is a minor annoyance but thankfully this forum has an unusually developed sense of community that tends to patch things up right quick ❀

I am very glad Rook's method worked! Maybe consider having another go at it in a couple of weeks just to be sure it sticks.

Though you are thankfully no longer bothered by this particular entity, I still find it interesting. It does present like hypnagogia or sleep paralysis but for the significant detail of your blanket. Granted, I tend to kick the blankets off in the night as do my nieces but they always wind up to the side of the bed never at the foot. That one detail makes me lean towards the paranormal.

As for the possible causes - even though the tenant who died was a man and your bugaboo seems feminine maybe the hag is less strictly feminine than a-sexual - a non-gendered entity. I see them as more manifestations of anger, frustration and futility than representations of a former physical form. By that way of thinking, perhaps the man who died so suddenly was angry that his life had been cut so short in such an ignominious way and the manifestation of his spirit was characterized by his negative emotions.

Anyway, just my view of things - perhaps say a prayer for him and wish him peace ❀
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+2
6 years ago (2018-08-25)
Hello CuriousDee,

We were both down voted on comments we made on miracles post. Our comments were kind and completely innocent. Then when I went back to have a look, someone voted us back to neutral.

I voted you up because I love the help you give other members.

In general, I vote up if I like a comment.

😘 ❀ 😘
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-08-21)
Sleeping,

You are very welcome. Like I said, the information may help put your mind at ease. I'm glad Rook's cleansing has helped you.

All the best ❀
Dee
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+2
6 years ago (2018-08-21)
Hello CuriousDee,

Thank you for the link. I read it. Apparently schizophrenia and antidepressants can also cause this.

It was a very interesting article.

Thank you so much for making time to help me. Also thank for the link to Rookdygins profile. I finished his ritual and have been sleeping like a baby.

The house looks and smells great because of the sage and sandlewood. I've been burning the insence everyday.

Thank you friend. You're a kind helpful person.

😘 😘 😘 ❀ ❀ ❀
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+4
6 years ago (2018-08-21)
Hi Sleeping,

There is a phenomenon called Hypnopompic or Hypnagogic Hallucinations that can occur just prior to sleep or during the transition from sleep to awake. The hallucinations can include auditory, tactile, visual, etc. I know the term hallucination sounds scary, but it's actually fairly common and experienced by most people at least once. Those with anxiety, stress or suffering sleep deprivation are more likely to experience it. The hallucinations appear real and can be frightening and/or disturbing, but it's basically the 'mind playing tricks on you'.

Here's a link to a site with more information:

Https://patient.info/doctor/hypnagogic-hallucinations

I've experienced it before, and after reading about the phenomenon, it made sense for me. Maybe it will give you peace of mind or give you something else to consider.

All the best
Dee
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+2
6 years ago (2018-08-20)
Lady-Glow,

I just tried to fix my year of birth to 1965 from 1949 but have no idea how to do it so I added a sentence in my bio explaining that.

Thanks for pointing it out.

Goodnight from Australia. Its dinner time and time to watch the news.

😘 ❀
Cups (7 stories) (159 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-08-20)
Hi SWS - it seems we were typing at the same time. That clears it up... 😳
Cups (7 stories) (159 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-08-20)
Lady-glow - nice! I didn't investigate that far. Also notice she won't be reading the comments.

SWS, if you could at the very least be honest about your age - that part is really bothersome to me for some reason. I also can't help but take pause in your profile update with exact drug prescriptions & mental health evaluations... Seems a bit TMI for me. Most of my close friends don't even know what medication I take, but that's just me.

Square one again? I hope not. πŸ€” It sounds like the cleansing is working, if anything, so that's a huge plus. Be well.
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+2
6 years ago (2018-08-20)
Lady-Glow,

I think I typed Stevens year of birth in the profile 1949 in stead of mine by mistake because I had him on my mind at the time and what he said in my head when I opened this account.

I'll fix it.

About the hag being a cross dresser? Lol 😊
I don't know if hag's can change sex, shape, age etc. I'm still researching all this.

Thanks for your feedback.
😘 ❀
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+2
6 years ago (2018-08-20)
Hi cups,

I have always been the same age. I'm 53.

I don't know if the hag is the guy who died in the unit or not.

My initial account SleepingWithSteve was opened on the morning of the 9th August and this account a couple of days later.

My first post was published on the 9th August 2018.

I don't think you're stirring the pot. Feel free to go to my initial account to verify all this.

Thanks for popping by.

😘 ❀
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-08-20)
Cups is right...

SleepingWithSteve
(1 stories) (18 posts) (the author is a middle age adult)

By Sleeping-with-steve
(2 stories) (27 posts) (the author is a senior adult)

Have your neighbors ever described the appearance of the dead man? Was he short, wide, dark and, by any chance, a cross dresser?
Otherwise, what makes you think the hag (female) could be the man's restless spirit? πŸ˜•
Cups (7 stories) (159 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-08-20)
Hi, really not trying to stir the pot, but I see some inconsistencies, SWS. You stated in a comment before that you started Rook's cleansing in the 17th, this was submitted in the 16th? I also noticed you changed your profile to "senior adult" instead of "young adult", which I believe it was before.

I also don't see the correlation between a man dying in your home with a hag visiting, resembling closely the description of Steven in previous posts.

So, maybe I'm missing something here... Please straighten me out.

Respectfully,
Cups
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+2
6 years ago (2018-08-20)
Hi Zaruje

Thanks for reading my post.

I've been reading a few articles on hag's recently online. I'm still not sure what it's all about but hopefully now that I have done the cleansing ritual that's on Rooks site, she won't return. So far, so good.

Thank you for commenting.
😘 ❀ 😘
Zaruje (15 stories) (182 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-08-20)
Hi!

I see that you won't be reading any comments. Anyways, I think what you had experienced was a sleep paralysis considering the presence of an old hag. You can look it up in google. I hope you change your mind.

Z ❀ ❀ ❀

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: