You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Fathers Presence

Real Ghost Stories

My Fathers Presence

 

My family moved into the house my mother still lives in 40 years ago. I was about 13 years old when we all moved in.

I have so many beautiful memories growing up in my mothers house. My father had a lot of beautiful chickens, quails and ducks and loved them dearly. He fussed over them every day but especially on weekends. Weekdays he got up early to feed and water them before heading off to work.

My father also loved his roses and had amazing rose bushes in the front garden. On weekends he would play Blonde and listen to her in the garden while gardening and looking after the ducks, quails and chickens.

When I was 19 years old, my father was diagnosed with throat cancer. He was treated, however the cancer spread fast. The cancer was in lungs and throat.

My mother was devastated. My father and mother were childhood sweethearts. They met when my mother was 16 years old and married each other when my mother was 18 years old. Neither of them wanted anyone else. They loved each other so much. It was beautiful to see that deep kind of love.

The doctors told us they didn't know how long my father had left to live. They said we could take my father home one last time for a visit but to keep him warm and in bed and return the next day. My father lost so much weight. He went from a healthy 13 stones to skin and bone and 6 stones in a matter of 5/6 months.

We all had a BBQ for my father the day he came home and made sure all his 9 children were there. He was so happy that day. Later that night his lungs collapsed and he died. My mother was with him when that happened.

I got married in my late 20s, had 2 children and divorced 20 years later. When that happened I moved back in with my mother while I was looking for my own place. I was at my mother's for about 5 years.

From time to time I would be watching TV or cooking in the kitchen or outside in the garden and from the corner of my eyes I would see my father. There was a warmth about his presence. He never scared me. This happened often at my mother's place. My sister also confirmed seeing my father and a warm presence.

I know my father is looking after my mother and I think because they had such a deep love for each other he will always stay in house.

It's not everyday that you find a love as strong as that, that goes beyond this life and into the next.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Sleeping-with-steve, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+2
5 years ago (2018-12-03)
Hello Marjarlika012,

Thank you so much for your kind words.

Yes, my parents love is everlasting. Up until today my mum has remained on her own since my fathers death. She doesn't want another man.

They met very young and it was love at first sight. My mother was a stunning woman when she was young, she's 82 years old now. My father was a very handsome man and had many female admirer's, however his heart belonged to my mum and he never looked else where.

Thank you for reading my post and your kind words.

Best wishes,
Miandra

😘 ❤ 😘
majarlika012 (12 stories) (122 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2018-12-03)
Hi SWS,

That's a very touching story you have. If this site ain't for ghostly encounters, then I would love to hear your parents' love story. It is very rare to find such love so pure and everlasting.
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+2
5 years ago (2018-10-12)
Hello Lady-glow

Looks like someone has taken the vote you have me.😕

Oh well, must make them happy.

Thanks for trying anyway.

Miandra.
😘 ❤ 😘
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+2
6 years ago (2018-09-14)
Hi LadyGlow,

I only just saw your comment on this post.

I get that message all the time. I always use my daily limit of votes. Lol. I also get a message saying 'vote for someone else'.

Thank you for trying to 'up vote' me. You're a sweetheart. X

😘 ❤ 😘
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+8
6 years ago (2018-08-26)
"I tried to up vote you but it said done limit today."

Is that so? - I had no idea there's a limited number of votes allowed in a day... 🤔
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+2
6 years ago (2018-08-26)
Hello jubeele,

Thank you so much for reading my post. Your words are very kind and loving.

I tried to up vote you but it said done limit today. 😟

I'll try tomorrow.

Thank you for your best wishes. 😘 ❤ 😘
Jubeele (25 stories) (882 posts)
+8
6 years ago (2018-08-25)
Miandra, losing Dad was like having something vital ripped out of our lives. Sadly, our family is no stranger to cancer too. It's always hard to say goodbye to a loved one. But I believe that love endures long after the shell has turned to dust. Now, I prefer to say: "Until we meet again."

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart." - Helen Keller

Thanks for sharing your experience. Hope Rook's cleansing/blessing continues to work for you. Be at peace.
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+2
6 years ago (2018-08-20)
Hi Haven,

Thanks for reading my post.

Yes, my parents were very lucky to have found each other and to have stayed married until the day my dad died.

My father worked very hard to feed all his 9 children. My mum stayed at home and cooked and cleaned. In those days most families were like that. My mum enjoyed being a house wife.

Once again, thank you for reading my post and for your lovely comments.
😘 ❤ 😘
Haven (20 stories) (307 posts)
+4
6 years ago (2018-08-20)
Hi Sleeping With Steve -

Thanks for sharing such a beautiful story. Your parents were very lucky to have found each other...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: