You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Haunted Shelter

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted Shelter

 

Greeting to my fellow YGS readers and friends,

This is the third story of mine and hopefully you'll enjoy it.

This particular event happened in the mid 90's. That time my uncle used to work in one of the famous cotton mills of Mumbai. If you know about that era, many cotton mill workers used to live in old wooden buildings. (similar wooden apartments shown in the movie "kungfu hustle" but with only two floors)

By that time many property builders were getting interested for that wooden building space and one of them actually made a deal with mill workers. As per the deal, the builder will purchase the space of the old wooden building, demolish it and create two new buildings (Type A & Type B). All mill workers were going to get new spacious rooms inside Type B.

But before the construction begin all mill workers needed to live inside a temporary shelter houses built nearby.

This happened while my uncle was living inside such temporary shelter. My uncle has a sister who is widow and lived alone in the same wooden building. She was also allotted similar shelter like my uncle. One day his relatives visited him and stayed there for couple of days. Now those temporary shelter rooms were incredibly small and to make up for the space my uncle decided to sleep inside his sister's room. She was out of the city on that time.

Now her allotted room was creepy. Once they found a little imprints of wet feet on the wall like someone just walked on it.

Anyways while my uncle was sleeping inside that room he woke up all of sudden at late night. He saw the clock and it was 3:00. As he was about to sleep, he heard few footsteps outside. He didn't mind it much but then he heard a man and woman talking outside of that room. Curious he sat and tried to hear clearly what's going on. As per him that couple were talking about awesome food in some marriage ceremony. All of sudden both started to laugh hysterically. My uncle was confused but didn't have guts to open the door and confront them. He rather decided to ignore them and sleep. In the very next moment he heard them cry inhumanly. Whatever entities that crying outside were felt unholy enough to creep my uncle out. After few seconds passed by those two began to tap on the door frantically. My uncle was almost dying with fear. He didn't opened the door. The next thing he remember some unseen force blasted the door open, grabbed him by neck and threw good 4-5 feet in the air.

When he regained his senses it was his wife and neighbor relieving him as they heard screams. From that day itself uncle never put a foot in that room. Strange thing is that his sister never found anything unusual in that room except that footprint thing.

I never understood what was wrong there. My cousin said the place where that shelter was built was once common toilet area for mill workers. As per him dark souls likes to live in such unholy and dirty places.

Other hauntings by the_superior

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, the_superior, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

the_superior (3 stories) (17 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-01-19)
[at] majarlika012

He didn't get any bruises though but he did hurt his left shoulder and took couple of weeks to get healed completely.

[at] valkricry thanks for the answering majarlika012's question!
majarlika012 (12 stories) (122 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-01-16)
Oh yeah thanks, I overlooked that one. BTW, 4-5 feet above the ground, that must be painful. Did the uncle get bruises and the like?
valkricry (49 stories) (3270 posts) mod
+3
5 years ago (2019-01-15)
majalika,
Not to answer for the op but he does say she was out of the city at the time.
majarlika012 (12 stories) (122 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-01-15)
Hello there!

"The next thing he remember some unseen force blasted the door open, grabbed him by neck and threw good 4-5 feet in the air." - this statement made me a bit skeptical. Is your uncle sleeping alone? As I understand, it was your aunt's room, right? So I assume your aunt was there also. How come your aunt did not feel anything when the supposed to be entity blasted the door open and threw your uncle 4-5 feet above the ground?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: