You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Haunted Summer Vacation

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted Summer Vacation

 

Greetings to my fellow YGS readers and friends,

It's my second personal story. Its not all that scary but I'd like to share it.

This particular event happened with me on early 2000s. I was living in Mumbai and every summer I used to visit my maternal uncle's place to spend my vacation. He is well settled in his business and owns a big house. I love this place more than anything. I mean we all love our summer vacation spots right?

Uncle was very fond of motorcycles and I actually learnt riding motorcycle on one of his 2 stroke suzukis. He used to maintain his bikes very religiously and let me ride those whenever I visited him, but he allowed me to ride only on late hours for safety (as road gets nearly empty after 9-10 PM)

One fine night while enjoying summer vacation I took keys of his 99 Suzuki and went for a ride.

Now I was not allowed to go beyond of a certain stretch of the road as road gets nearly abandoned at night. But as I was getting confident so ignored his warnings and went for a further stretch of empty road. While riding couple of time for the same stretch road and turning back I decided to stop and go back to home. While I was taking a U turn my motorcycle stalled all of sudden. I tried to kick start but it wouldn't start. I also gave choke few times but it still wouldn't start. All I remember that I was getting creeped out and feeling lil bit uneasy on that place. I wanted to start that motorcycle as soon as possible. I checked the fuel gauge and it was nearly full, fuel cap set to the "ON" position too. I was sweating like hell and finally few moments later it started and went back to home.

From that night itself I caught high fever. I usually don't fall sick but this time I fell suddenly. My mom took me to nearby clinic next morning. Doc said it doesn't look like a viral fever and gave me some medicines. I felt good for that day. I got more severe fever following day and this time every time I tried to eat/drink I vomited. It happened continuously for next 2-3 days. Finally we got my blood checked and the report came normal. Doctor suggested to admit me as he wasn't sure what was wrong with me.

That night I was lying on bed. I was getting irritiated as my vacation was getting wasted with this illness. I heard mom talking with my uncle about my illness, only sentence I heard he saying "we need to show him to mavshi".

In the next moment uncle dumped me inside his jeep and headed to the house of this mysterious woman "mavshi". Now this mavshi was a lady priest (basically a witch doctor) that lived 3-4 kilometers away from the house. I never actually believed on these people before because I always considered them as a fraud.

Let me tell you the interesting method she used to find out if a person has a normal or paranormal induced issue. She had a small wooden bench on which she used to throw few wheat grains (probably enchanted). By judging the pattern formed by those wheat grains she used to find the problem. She did the same thing in my case and found something unusual. Next moment she took few rice grains and threw them on my head and screamed "hatt, bhag ja" (translates to "f** off, run!) and within a second my fever gone! YES it was GONE! I suddenly felt better and body came to the normal temperature.

She asked me not to go out at night on that specific stretch of the road. I was wondered as nobody told her anything about it. We left that place and came back to home.

I asked my uncle about it and my uncle explained the whole story. People used to call him "jamairaja". This jamairaja lived nearby with his family. He was a drunkard and bad guy who used to torture his wife and her parents for money etc etc. Because of his bad behavior he made lots of enemies. One fine day jamairaja had an argument with a local guy. Argument turned into a fight and local guy sliced jamairajas head in half with a machete! He was killed at the exact same place where my motorcycle stalled!

This is why earlier uncle restricted me to go beyond of that specific stretch of the road.

Apparently he heard few locals saw "jamairajas" half headed apparition roaming there.

Other hauntings by the_superior

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, the_superior, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

the_superior (3 stories) (17 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-09-11)
[at] BeautInside,

Yes, it was indeed a supernatural occurrence.
Hope you enjoyed reading it:)

Thank you so much for the reply and take care!
BeautInside (3 stories) (326 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-09-04)
Hi Superior,

Thank you for your reply. 😊

Your symptoms (vomitting/nausea and fever) match those of a virus called gantroenteritis. It can last 3-5 days depending on the virus, so running a fever for 5 days is very common in this case.

Nonetheless, if your doctor ran some blood test and it came up negative both for viral and bacterial infection (there's viral gastroenterintis, which is the most common type, and there is also bacterial), then your experience might have been supernatural in nature.

In the end what matters is that you got well. 😉

Thank you for sharing and take care. ❤
the_superior (3 stories) (17 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-09-04)
[at] BeautInside,

Thanks for the reply,

I was sick for total 5 days with that damn fever. First two days were not so bad but afterwords it got worst. I was about to get admitted but it was my uncles intuition suggested to show me to witch doctor first.
BeautInside (3 stories) (326 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-09-03)
Hi Superior,

Can you tell me for how long you had been sick when you were taken to the mavshi lady?

I'd truly appreciate your reply as it'd give a better picture of the situation.

Thank you for sharing. ❤
the_superior (3 stories) (17 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-09-03)
[at] lady-glow

Thanks for the reply,

I haven't ever encountered anything related to that later in my life.
I think I was under influence of evil apparition the moment I got that uneasy feeling. I never seen that ghost though.
the_superior (3 stories) (17 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-09-03)
[at] CuriousDee

I think I accidentally clicked "need help" button while submitting this story. Its just my experience that I needed to share.

Anyways thanks for the reply,
Cheers!
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-08-31)
Superior,

I found the part on mavshi interesting. Regardless of what she did, it appeared to work for you. Glad you're doing better.

I'm with Lady-glow in wondering what help you need? Or did you accidentally choose the 'need help' option when submitting your story? It seems as though you meant for your account to be a cautionary tale or just to share your experience.

Looking forward to your response. All the best.
Dee
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+4
6 years ago (2018-08-30)
So, what did it happen? Did "jamairaja" follow you or what?

Sorry, it is not clear to me if the cause for your fever was stress and fear since, according to your narrative, you didn't witness anything while trying to start the bike or if the ghost got attached to you and left at mavshi's command.

Have you experienced anything over the 18 or so years that could be a consequence to this encounter? Personally, I would like to know what kind of help you need from this forum if, after all, it seems like mavshi cured you a long time ago.

Thanks for sharing and take care.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: