You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Haunting Of Lakeside

Real Ghost Stories

Haunting Of Lakeside

 

This is my first (probably last) story on this site as event like this do not occur to people time and again.

Little bit of background on me I am 22 year old and I am from India and I go to my native place every vacation.

This place has a lake near it which is quite away from my home we generally go there in daylight as it is surrounded

By big and tall trees, as usual I go one day for swimming with my cousins we chill there for a while. Then we call it a day and decide to head back home as soon as two of my cousins comes out of lake.

As I am heading towards shore something grabs my left leg and starts pulling it backwards.

I scream out loud for help and look behind to see nothing after me.

Suddenly something grabs my leg again and this time I go underwater with it. I was sure it was a human hand.

I tried finding it underwater but unable to see underwater. I was scared to death now, by the time I came up both of my cousins

Were struggling to get me out of water. I told them there was something in water they said it must be a fish or something or

You must have tripped on something underwater. But I knew what it was and I was 100% sure of it that it was human hand whether

Or not these people believed me.

I just wanted to go home as soon as I can and we ran for it. After reaching home I did not tell anyone about it, as I thought people will make fun of me, but at night just before I was heading to bed one of my cousin told me that he also heard about a woman who was drown in that lake a while ago and he also said that people here claimed to see her appear near lake but she never attacked people like this.

I don't know if my brother was saying all this was true or not

Or if he was just messing with me. But I am sure that there was a hand underwater that grabbed my leg trying to drown me.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, piyuprmr, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

robo (15 posts)
 
4 years ago (2020-02-20)
whole world have this kind of story I from Malaysia some people killed by them 😠
msforgetmenott (17 stories) (316 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-04-17)
Hello Plyuprmr,

This is why we have a pool.

Where we live there are 3 nearby lakes. The towns set up rules and dates for swimming, fishing and skating. There is a shore that the towns have a trained lifegard and tests are done to make sure the water is safe. Each beach is cleaned by the towns, and clean sand is replaced in the spring, out in the water as far as the tallest can stand, neck high. Beyond that, there is weeds.

It was a very hot day on a weekend, several years ago, when I was convinced to go. When standing above waist high, one could not see as this sand was all mucked up by the crowds of people. I felt a touch at my foot, I was jumpy, and stepped a bit away. Then another touch at my leg and then again. That was enough for me, Heading for my towel, on shore.

Later we learned of a five year old drowning, as the Mother had fallen asleep on her blanket. I had to wonder about what I had felt.

Jan
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-04-17)
When my mother was a kid, she went swimming in a local reservoir/man-made lake with her three siblings and a friend. Towards the end of the day, as they all walked back across the fairly shallow lake, they suddenly looked back and noticed their friend was no longer with them. They looked everywhere in and around the lake and couldn't find him. They rushed home to tell their parents, they searched, the police searched - nothing. In the morning, they dredged the lake... If you have ever seen the big hooks they dredge with, you'll understand why my mother even after all the decades has never forgotten the sight of her little friend's body as he was pulled from the water by the dredgers. He had been sucked under by a sinkhole common in such lakes. Maybe that's what got you.

I also once had a dream that just such a hand dragged me under water and it wound up being an omen forewarning a near drowning incident that would happen the following day.

Sinkhole, seaweed (although, that slimy stuff, in my experience feels nothing like skin) or other debris... Or a combination of all of the above or a spirit? Well, we don't know much about the drowning story - what type of woman was she in life? What were the circumstances of the drowning? Maybe she *would* be the vengeful type. Or maybe she isn't motivated by vengeance but distorted loneliness. Maybe she isn't a drowned spirit at all but some sort of radical neutral water spirit.

Jury is out but I think it's possible that this could have been paranormal.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-03-23)
Hello piyuprmr - that's sounds like a nerve wracking experience though, in my opinion, not necessarily paranormal.

Have you considered the possibility of a strand of seaweed tangling around your ankle and you mistaking it for a human hand? If you began moving nervously, that would have been enough for your cousins to have difficulty pulling you out, luckily you didn't pull anyone else, it's not unheard of people drowning while trying to save someone from drowning. 😐

Even if a woman drowned in the lake and her spirit is wandering around, it doesn't mean that it has to be revengeful and murderous. 😳
RCRuskin (9 stories) (811 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-03-23)
Hi, Piyuprmr.

Welcome. Hope you're doing well, want to let you know you're welcome here, so if you have more experiences, please share. 😁

It'd be interesting to interview the woman who drowned in the lake. Sometimes, if folklore is to be believed and I think there often is some truth behind it, only folks with bitter experiences or unfinished, at least in their minds, business would be hostile to witnesses.

So, something that felt to you like a human hand grabbed your ankle and tugged you under the water. For a time, it seems you were a rope in a game of tug of war between your cousins and 'it'. Makes me wonder what it is. Does the lake have any reputation besides the one reputed haunting?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: