You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Lakeside Meet

Real Ghost Stories

The Lakeside Meet

 

This is about me, Sumeet and my friend Rahul.

I being a final year MCA and he being a businessman, we do exchange ideas regularly. Being on a tight day schedule, me meet at nights normally, I used to prefer quiet places.

Location:

Mehrun Jogging track,

Surrounding Mehrun Lake,

Jalgaon - 425002,

Maharashtra, India.

It was around 10 pm, he came to my house and picked me up, that day he was driving his Maruti 800. We purchased some ice-cream and snacks and went to the track.

As it was night, there was no problem of parking. We parked the car just beside the road some one mile in the track. The track is just surrounding the lake and being a jogging track, there is almost zero traffic after 9 pm. The car was locked and we were sitting in with AC on and for that we had to keep the engine running.

After some half an hour we switched the AC off followed by the engine. We tilted our seats to sleeping position and were lying and talking. We could see that the road was perfectly clear ahead and behind of us as streetlights were there. After some time we opened the rear doors as we were lying and it was more comfortable to breathe fresh air with the rear doors open.

While we were lying we felt a little jerk. I told him to move his legs off the clutch, but when I checked he was resting his feet upon the dash board! While thoughts started running in my mind the car received a second jerk! This was stronger than the previous one. I quickly shut the door on my side and locked it. He did the same with the other on his side. He was shivering. Meanwhile we hit the third bolt that was very strong to move the whole car some inches in forward direction with handbrakes applied! He quickly started the engine and accelerated fast. I tried to see through the rear windshield but there was nothing there!

The next morning we went there and checked for some marsh or broken bricks or something else for other possibilities. The place was perfectly clean, just our tire marks as it is rainy season. That day it was "Amawas" as in India people say that on that day the ghosts are free!

We checked and found that many people have lost their lives in that lake and three kids recently got drowned while swimming.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sumeet, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

venky (1 stories) (48 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-22)
Really nice story and completely believable. You know I heard many things about lake and river side hauntings. It's good to experience something in life for which there is no answer in the world. 😁 Have a good day ahead to all.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-08)
Excellent story! I do like that you provided the details on the exact location of the haunting, as well as some background info. That makes your story much more believable, IMO, and I think others should follow that example. Maybe the spirit was concerned about what someone was doing there at night? Do you think it might be a spirit that guards the lake?
unicorns_16 (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-07)
Wow, that's really creepy. I would stay away from that place if I were you. Esp at night, not to mention there's a lake there!

The spirits probably didn't want you there that's why they were pushing the car.

Interesting story by the way! 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: