You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Easter Bunny

Real Ghost Stories

The Easter Bunny

 

Before I get started this happened a long time ago. I'm almost 20 and this happened when I was 5 or 6. At that age I didn't know anything about ghosts, and I don't know if this was a ghost, but I can tell you I wasn't hallucinating.

I'll give you a basic description of my house, my bedroom is the farthest room in the house, if you walk out of my room there is a hallway that leads to the dining room, there are a few rooms on both sides, my mom's room is right next to mine, then a guest room, and then my bathroom. (So keep this in mind)

On Easter morning right around 4 in the morning I woke up, it was normal for me because I would have to use the bathroom. I didn't sleep with my door closed at the time so it was open, I never liked to use my bathroom because it was too far away from my room (I'm scared of the dark) but that night I wanted to use my bathroom.

I walk to my door way and look down the hallway and into the dining room and you know how little kids take pictures with the life size Easter bunny, yea there was one in my dining room. Like this thing was huge, and being a little kid this was scary. The lights weren't on, and I didn't want to turn them on, being a little kid things went through my mind like: what if I'll get killed, or what if I won't get my basket. I decided not to go to my bathroom, and I went to my mom's. My mom was in her bed trust me I checked, I stayed in her room for 5 minutes and when I went out to go back to my room it was gone.

No ones believes me when I tell them this story and it makes me it upset because it's very true. Please let me know if this has happened to you!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, elaina_maria__, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

missking92 (1 posts)
 
2 years ago (2022-04-18)
OMG my sister and I have had a similar experience and we both saw the same thing to the same detail. For over 20 years we were so confused on what we seen and we have no finally looked it up and there is so many people that have had similar experiences. So glad we looked it up. The possibilities! You're not alone
kullumanali (1 posts)
-2
5 years ago (2019-04-30)
Here is one of the best travel place in Himachal Pradesh: https://www.kullu-manali.co.in/
JRGurganus1998 (2 stories) (11 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-04-24)
Fascinating. There is a story of a humanoid rabbit creature, but I don't know if it's real or not. Considering people are still reporting sightings, there must be some credibility.
oraclemache (2 stories) (11 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-04-21)
There are reports of a being with a mans body and rabbit head often seen wearing a tuxedo.
My oldest child saw it and so did his friend. So your not alone.
I believe that our thoughts shape our reality. If enuf raw emotion is put into an idea it can take on a life of it's own. In this case literally. A childs thoughts in theory could be more powerful because of their openness maybe.
It's a theory that I am tossing around.
Filmbuff1234 (13 stories) (33 posts)
 
5 years ago (2019-04-19)
That would've freaked me out! It might seem silly but the Easter Bunny has freaked me out since I was little because I was looking at pictures of the Easter Bunny and I found this really disturbing one. Also, I'm new to this sight and I have so many stories. I see a lot of people have only published a couple and I don't want to publish too much or it might seem like I'm making stuff up (I'm not). I'm not sure what the reasonable amount of posts is.
Thecatlady8000 (2 posts)
 
5 years ago (2019-04-19)
It must have been a entitie 😳 so scary if I spelled it right lol is it the first time you saw or did you see it a couple of times?
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-04-18)
You saw Harvey! Jimmy Stewart would be so pleased!

Joking aside, the episode you described could have been taken from my WORST childhood nightmares! I WAS afraid of the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus - the respective carrots and cookies were bribes in my book to keep them away from me! I still remember being taken from the mall on my mother's hip a mess of hysterical tears after failed attempts to get me to pose for a picture with one or the other. On one occasion, the oaf in the bunny costume was under the misapprehension that FOLLOWING us to the door of the mall would somehow HELP matters - I just about wet myself - I still remember trying to hiccup the words "run, mom" through my tears!

Maybe the reason for my fears was some repressed memory of an experience similar to your own - I certainly never had one lick of trouble envisoning it! And those set ups in the malls give me the heebeejeebies to this day!
Junglecat (2 stories) (56 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-04-16)
Hi Elaina Maria,
Because so many children believe whole heartedly in the Easter Bunny and Santa Clause, I've wondered if that could manefest these myths into tulpas. If so, you might have seen one that night. That's my guess, anyway.
NitroFuel765 (1 stories) (8 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-04-11)
It's been proven that if your tired, you can sometimes see things that you think about a lot in the dark. Hope this helps.
elaina_maria__ (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-04-11)
Hey guys! Just to answer some questions, this is a true story. No I was not scared of the easter bunny, I'm still not scared of him. It was only my mom and I in the house. My house isn't haunted at all. The way my house is at you can't see cars driving past. I hope this helps.
Cuddlebear (4 stories) (173 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-04-03)
EM ~
I can in all honesty say this has never happened to me, but I have a friend, now nearing 60, who swears he saw Santa in his house when he was five or six. Since I've started looking into the weird I've discovered that there are a number of adults who claim to have seen Santa, the Easter Bunny or some other entity when they were young. Not having seen what you saw I really can't say what it was. I think it is likely that you misinterpreted some shadow or furniture in your house.

Now if you had lived in Maryland or Northern Virginia I would suggest you may have seen the Bunnyman - another scary apparition.

By the way I look a lot like Santa myself and get more than my fair share of stares from youngsters in December, but I have yet to break into a house...
Spockie (8 stories) (203 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-04-02)
I saw a shadow figure that looked like the Easter Bunny one evening when I was a little kid. It disappeared into the wall in our living room. There are trickster spirits in our world that like to assume various shapes to mess with us. My grandmother once told me she saw something that looked like Santa Claus sitting at our kitchen table one night, and she was a God fearing woman that did not make things up.
LuciaJacinta (8 stories) (291 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-04-02)
I liked this story even if it wasn't true. I've heard family stories from people where there were kids and swear they saw an Easter Bunny or Santa. My take on it is that you saw something but as a kid your mind interpreted it as an Easter Bunny because that would make sense in your mind. It's like your mind interprets whatever you saw and makes sense of it as best as it can.

You saw something but I don't know what it was. Could have just been weird shadows that looked like a bunny.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
 
5 years ago (2019-04-01)
Elaina_maria - the only logical explanations I can think would be:

A) someone dressed up like the Easter Bunny to play the part.

B) the lights from a passing vehicle casted a shadow that you mistook for a giant rabbit.

If none of these happened, - was that the only time you saw the bunny? Were there any other disturbances and/or unexplained sightings in your house?
Lastly, did you get chocolate and candy in your basket?

Who knows, perhaps the Easter Bunny really exist! 😊

Thanks for sharing.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-04-01)
Haven - ha ha ha!
It's not easy to follow your comment with all those colourful guys distorting your words! 😁

Okay, I better read this story.
Haven (20 stories) (307 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-04-01)
Hi, Elaina Maria -

It must have been very frightening for you to see this big bunny just standing there in your dining room.

Before your encounter with this "bunny", were you afraid of him? That would explain why this "thing" took the appearance of the Easter Bunny. I have noticed that people always see entities that look like things they have always been scared of. Kind of like when people see the devil or demon with a red body and horns, or they see the grim reaper. I also noticed that depending on the country or culture, people will see entities that they have 'learned' to fear.

Sorry if I don't make sense. I'm babbling. Anyway, thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: