You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Bruises After Dream

Real Ghost Stories

Bruises After Dream

 

The night before last, I had a dream a guy was forcibly holding me down by my arms and I kept struggling to no avail. The next morning, of course I didn't suspect it to of been anything other than a dream, but when I looked at my arm below my wrist I noticed a bruise and when I pressed it just barely, it hurt. That sort of freaked me out and I looked at my other arm in literally the exact same place was another bruise. It's not as visible, but it definitely hurts just as much. The guy didn't particularly look strange at all. He just had short, blonde hair and seemed welcoming at first because I wasn't afraid until I randomly got shoved to the ground with him pinning my arms down.

So this isn't the first time I've woken up with weird bruises, but this is the first time I've dreamt of something like that and then woke up to find the bruises in the places that guy was holding.

I'm just wondering if it's possible for a spirit or entity to somehow enter my dreams and actually inflict marks on me through the dream. There's no way I accidentally did that the day before because I wasn't doing anything at all nor were the marks previously there. I got a sinking feeling when I noticed how they were in the same spot on both of my arms. I even recreated the dream and held my arm and it was definitely the thumbs.

I'd just like to hear if anyone knows if they indeed can enter dreams or if you've ever had any similar incident such as this where you've had a dream of getting attacked and then woke up to find bruises in the same spots.

I have photos of both of the bruises on my arms.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Tennessee

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Vixenne, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
 
5 years ago (2019-07-20)
Greetings, Vixenne,

As you have received bruises, clearly *something* happened to you while you were asleep. While I am not disagreeing with your hypothesis, I'm going to suggest an alternate explanation as a note of caution. You were asleep when your arms were grabbed. Is it possible that your dream incorporated the real sensation of being restrained (even if it is a malicious spirit)?

I am not suggesting your event was perfectly natural, as Augusta and others have had similar experiences; I'm honestly expecting you to explain why my suggestion is wrong, thus giving us a more-precise sense of your traumatic experience.

Best,
Biblio.
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-07-20)
I have had a similar experience, Vixenne. I'll spare you a full retelling here as it can be found in my account "Coming to Say Goodbye." It has only happened to me that one time but it was enough to convince me at least that such things are possible.

If I were you, I would have a sit down with a medium and see if he or she can give you some insight. Perhaps there is a spirit attached to you for some reason - perhaps this is some sort of warning. Either way, it could be helpful to have their input. Just be aware that some mediums are more gifted than others.

Afterwards, it may be a good idea to perform a cleansing on yourself or receive a blessing according to your beliefs just to clear the air so to speak.
Whatdoido (1 stories) (3 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2019-06-13)
I don't know much about the paranormal but I was wondering if the dream was qualitatively different to normal? Like did you experience other sensory stimuli in the dream differently to normal? Ie brighter colors, more clear sounds etc
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+1
5 years ago (2019-06-13)
Vix, It may take awhile for the pictures to show up. If you're anxious you can post them to a photo sharing site, and then share the link.
Not to get too personal, but is it possible that someone in the household grabbed your wrists? Or that in the days prior a friend did? And the bruises have just begun to show?
Vixenne (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-06-12)
I submitted pictures of my arms, I'm not sure why they weren't added.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: