You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Scratches And Bruises

Real Ghost Stories

Scratches And Bruises

 

When it comes to sleeping, I am not the one to be woken up easily. You would basically have to pick me up and throw me to the ground before I even dared to open my eyes. But, I have been waking up in the morning to some strange things...

I have been waking up with scratches and bruises that I did not have prior to going to bed. I have no idea how I get these marks. I never let my pets sleep in my room with me, because they act up my allergies and I don't like having to get up late at night to let them out. My bed is located in the middle of my room, enough space on both sides away from the walls. Plus, I do not toss and turn in my sleep, so I do know that I am not accidentally self-inflicting these bruises and scratches.

When I go to get dressed after waking, I find scratches on my arms and bruises on my thighs. Note, that I am 17 and I am in no intimate relationship. I get so confused and when I show my parents about the scratches, they ask me if I give them to myself. But I swear I'm not! I go to bed without any injuries and then wake up with scratches on my arms!

I have no idea what to do! I do know that there is a spirit who lives in my house, as I have written about in a previous story, so I occasionally find myself asking "Are you the one who is doing this?" when I see new scratches, asking this ghost if it is harming me. But, I need help in figuring this out.

Should I debunk it as just me accidentally scratching myself at night? Am I being touched by an entity? Why is it harming me?

Other hauntings by JustAnotherPerson

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, JustAnotherPerson, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Somewhatsceptic (2 stories) (15 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-16)
Val's comment is right on the mark, ruling out mundane causes and the like is the first step to dealing with what you believe to be a paranormal entity
dreamer01 (1 stories) (117 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-11-15)
justanotherperson,

I concur totally with val. All her points are valid and sensible. I too suffered some very nasty things on my head when I was 15 y.o. And the only way to minimise the digusting mess in the morning was for me to wear gloves which worked.

I quite often wonder where my bruises came from. Most of the time I have no recall as to their origin. So one step at a time. I am sure you will work it out to your benefeit. Take care.
😊 😊
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
+3
8 years ago (2015-11-15)
JustAnotherPerson,
Bruising, well like Miracles, I'm the kind that if you look at me too hard I'll get a bruise. Often I've no idea where it came from. If this happens often though, you might mention it to your doctor as it can also be a sign of several different medical problems, and better safe than sorry.
From what you've told us the scratches appear in easily accessible places that you could do yourself. So I'd suggest investigating to see if you are or not before jumping to paranormal territory. There's several ways to go about this:
1) record yourself while sleeping. Set up a camcorder to do this, you might be surprised in what you find out. If you don't have one, maybe Ally's Mom will let you borrow her's.
2) Start a journal if you don't already have one and keep track of these events to see if a pattern surfaces. For this particular scenario I'd recommend keeping track of such things as jammies you were wearing, if they'd been freshly laundered and the same for your bedding. You could be itching in your sleep due to a reaction to the laundry soap, or a loose thread 'tickling' you. Let's say you have 2 sets of jammies you wear- 1 pink, 1 blue, and you notice you wake up with a new scratch every time you wear the pink. Then you know to examine the pink set.
3) Another thing you can do to help rule out it's you scratching in your sleep is wear a pair of gloves to bed for awhile. Say a week or so. This is the same 'trick' used to keep kids from scratching themselves during chicken pox or measles. (Added bonus: you can slather your hands with lotion prior to have extra soft and smooth skin in the AM). Now, if you wake up with no new scratches for that week, you've pretty much answered your question.
It's important to rule out the mundane and 'normal' causes before leaping to the paranormal.
mrmonty (8 stories) (48 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-11-13)
Justanotherperson-
If could be you giving yourself these scratches, even though you might not toss and turn you do move while you're in deep sleep. I noticed you said you have allergies, even thought the pets don't sleep with you-it might still be you reacted to the allergies. However, I can't say for sure, it could be something else. You did mention you were sure there is a spirit in your house, I don't know if you are religious, but prayers never hurt.
Sincerely
Monty
JustAnotherPerson (9 stories) (36 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-13)
Miracles51031,

I read your story about your daughter getting scratched during the night.

I still constantly wake up with all the scratches. I just hope it stops like your daughters' did... 😢
ygs_sayan (guest)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-13)
that's really bad... I fear if there is something wrong going on with u...
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
8 years ago (2015-11-13)
JustAnotherPerson - occasionally my daughter and I will talk about her scratches and she still maintains she did nothing to cause them. I believe her. It seems odd that they just ended as quickly as they began.

I can't offer you any solid, helpful advice because I still haven't figured out what caused my daughter's. All I can hope is the scratches end as abruptly as they began.

The bruises, however, I am more inclined to think they could be the result of something completely normal. I have bruises appear all the time, sometimes having no clue how they got there. But I do bruise easily so a brush against a corner or something would bruise me. When I was 18-19, I woke one morning with a bruise on the outside of my left calf. It was really big and looked like it would have hurt really bad so I should have noticed it, right? Nope. And the oddest thing is there is still faint bruising from it. That was 31-32 years ago. So bruises? I have no clue.

I guess I have no clue about the scratches or bruises 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: