You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Checking Us

Real Ghost Stories

Checking Us

 

It happened just last week when my family and I went to my husband's house for a vacation. I have never met my father-in-law as he already died a few years before I met my husband.

In my in-law's house, we normally stay in my mom-in-law's room whenever we visit them. There is a small picture of my father-in-law just opposite the bed which was taken from the picture posted during his wake.

I slept at around 3am during the first day we stayed there since we arrived around midnight and I had to finish cleaning my baby's milk bottle first. I know for a fact that I am the only one awake as I can hear all of them snoring the night away.

When I got back to the room to catch some Zs, I immediately hear a someone walking just beside the bed. I instantly opened my eyes to check whether it was just my imagination playing tricks on me as I was already really tired from the travel. While I am wide awake and my eyes are fully open, I can still hear someone walking just beside my husband who was snoring really loudly at that time. The sound was like someone wearing a pair of house slippers walking on tiled floor. The dog which was also locked on the side of their house (same side as the room) started barking nonstop.

After I heard the footsteps going back and forth, I suddenly heard something falling from inside the cabinet. At this time, I was already a bit scared so I woke my husband to ask him to check it. As soon as he woke up, he asked me what was happening and the footsteps automatically stopped as well as the dog barking. I just told my husband that I heard something fell from the cabinet like a file case or something but he said he didn't hear anything and he just went back to sleep. After a 1 minute or 2, he started snoring again and the just like magic, the footsteps are back with the barking of the dog. I think I was more tired that I was scared so I literally just dozed off and I woke up with bright light shining inside the room.

The first thing I looked for was the file case that fell on the floor (based from what I heard that very early morning) but I didn't find any. I told my husband what happened that night (early morning) but he doesn't remember even talking to me when I woke him up.:D

Going to the next evening, my boy who is just 2.5 years old kept on pointing to the picture of my father-in-law and asking who it was. He kept on saying Lolo the entire evening. When we turned off the lights before going to sleep, he suddenly told me "I'm scared" and he kept on asking me to hug him. It could be that he is just unfamiliar with the place coz we always sleep with the lights off but the only odd thing is that he kept on mentioning "lolo" the entire night before we went to bed.:)

Other hauntings by miyuki23

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, miyuki23, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

miyuki23 (3 stories) (3 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-09-10)
Hi Haven,

Sorry for the very late reply.

We did asked my mom-in-law but she said she have never experienced anything from that house. Even my husband's siblings never had any of those experiences beforw in that house.
Haven (20 stories) (307 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-06-18)
Hi, Mijuki23.

Looks like your father-in-law paid a visit. Have you asked your mother-in-law if she's ever heard anything?

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: