You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Where Did You Go? (first Encounter)

Real Ghost Stories

Where Did You Go? (first Encounter)

 

I was still in elementary when I had my first ghost encounter. Many people are skeptical when it comes to stories told by kids as it could only be a fragment of their imagination but after this experience, my supernatural experiences started to happen more frequently.

I was on grade 3 or grade 4 and as I said, this was my very first encounter with whatever it was so I don't have wandering thoughts about ghosts or supernatural being. I came home from school and it was about 3 or 4pm so its still pretty much bright and sunny outside. After I entered the gate to our house, I saw my mom, well what I thought was my mom, just a few steps from our main door. I gladly callout "Mom, I'm home", but I thought maybe she didn't hear me as she kept on walking towards the first bedroom.

I was already in our terrace removing my school shoes, as any Filipino would be able to relate whereby no one is allowed to enter the house wearing your outdoor shoes or slippers, and I was planning to surprise my mom since she didn't hear me when I called her. Our house is just a normal sized bungalow house with 2 bedrooms so you can easily spot where people are and I saw her enter the room. As I entered the same room, I find it odd as I can't see my mom inside. There is no way that she would be able to go out of the room without passing the same door she just went in. You know kids, they search in odd places and I'm no different. Since I was still so young so I thought maybe she realized I was trying to surprise her so she quickly hid. I searched under the bed, inside the closet (aparador), and behind the door which I just closed but I can't find her anywhere. It felt strange and by this time, I would say I felt mixed feelings of confusion and horror. I suddenly realized that a full grown woman can't fit in either under the bed or even inside the closet so I started screaming calling my mom.

My mom "from the outside of the room" opened the door holding a ladle asking me what had happened. She was asking me why I was screaming and I just ran to her straight and hugged her tight.

I told her that I was following her from the time I got home and I saw her go inside the room but I wasn't able to find her so I got scared. She told me she was in the kitchen cooking for dinner the entire time and she didn't even notice that I already arrived from school.

It was just me and my mom in the house by this time as my older sister was still at school and my dad was still at work so it was a big puzzle who or what I followed that day.:S

Other hauntings by miyuki23

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, miyuki23, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

miyuki23 (3 stories) (3 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-01-09)
Hi fence_sitter

I'm so sorry to hear that and you are right. No place is safe nowadays.

I'll share my other experiences as well when time permits.:)

Always be safe! 😊
fence_sitter (4 stories) (27 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-01-08)
Hi miyuki23,

Thank you for adding some facts to your story because it sure clears up a lot of things. Just don't be too complacent that living in the province will spare you from these thieves --- I also live in the province specifically within the suburbs of Dumaguete in Negros Oriental. And like your house, my own house has those steel grills and glass jalousies. But 3 years ago, those slick burglars (after scaling my concrete perimeter fence by climbing up a coconut tree) used a hydraulic jack (the one used for automobiles) to pry my grills apart, remove the jalousies from their mountings from the outside, then used a small person (possibly a child) to sneak in through the narrow gap to open the front door from the inside. They did this in the wee hours of the morning when everybody was fast asleep and I did not own a dog back then (they used the same modus operandi to steal from 4 other houses within our subdivision within a span of 4 weeks). This prompted me to install additional perimeter lights and have at least two dogs within my property at all times. CCTV cameras? Nah ---they also stole those from my neighbors who have them. Believe me, unless you are living inside a nunnery or the cemetery you are not safe from these current breed of thieves. Have a nice day and thanks again for the reply. Nice story, keep them coming, and I like your narrative style. Peace.
miyuki23 (3 stories) (3 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-01-08)
Hi fence_sitter!:)

We live in the province and there is actually no way for a burglar to leave the room via the window as we have the jalousie glass windows. It would take forever to be able to pry open a few of them and we also have metal grills outside of the window.

Same as you we always have dogs. I can't remember a time in my childhood where we never had one.

I understand your view that it could be those pesky thieves but its quite peaceful in our area.:)
fence_sitter (4 stories) (27 posts)
 
5 years ago (2019-01-08)
Sorry for the typo error --- "whether you leave in the city or in the province" should be written as "whether you live in the city or in the province". Sorry my bad...
fence_sitter (4 stories) (27 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-01-08)
Hi miyuki23,

Happy New Year, kabayan. Being a Filipino, I would initially suspect that a cat burglar (i.e., "akyat bahay" thief in the vernacular) was already in the house rather than a ghost --- maybe you should have checked if that "person" made its escape through the windows of the bedroom. These thieves are so slick that they strike any time of the day regardless whether you leave in the city or in the province. These thieves usually stake out the property they rob before doing their crime --- it was possible that they knew that your mother was alone in the house and was busy in the kitchen at that time. I became familiar with their modus operandi after being a victim of this type of crime a few years back. That's also the reason why I keep dogs around my property to act as burglar alarms. Just my two cents worth. Peace.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: