You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Shadow People :: The Tall Black Thing

Real Ghost Stories

The Tall Black Thing

 

This story was way back in college. Me and my older sister were renting an apartment near our University along with 4 or 5 other female housemates.

My sister already graduated and was already a professor in the same University during this time while I was on my Junior year in college. Students have different class schedules and units are normally lighter towards the senior years so we normally go home when we don't have classes for 2 hours or more and just head out again before the next class starts. Some days we have classes until 7pm while some days, we are already home as early as 4pm depending on the load we have taken for that semester.

Quick run through of our floor plan, there is one entire open space which we turned to the living room and the dining room. After the dining room is the restroom and after that is the kitchen sink which has an L shape as you can't see the sink from the living room and dining room. The other half of the main area is for the 2 bedrooms which is separated by a thick wall (cabinets for each rooms) and the outer part of it is (in the living area) is where we put up the mirror for common use.

Going back to my experience, one afternoon at around 4 or 5, one of our housemates (which was also my classmate and batchmate) was eating her dinner while I was sitting in the middle of the living room facing the mirror and my sister was in the living room watching TV. So as the area is an open space and is just divided by some sort of study table or chairs (I can't remember the divider we used), all 3 of us are basically within the same room and can clearly see each other. After a while, I saw a tall dark figure sort of peeping at us from the kitchen sink area. There is a thick supporting foundation just before the sink (L-shaped area) and there was this tall dark thing hiding by it. I can see its face, hair, one arm and left leg and foot but the other parts are not visible as it seems to be hiding (like when a kid is shy but is still curious to see something kind of pose). So it took me a few seconds before I was able to talk because my mind can't comprehend what I was seeing so my immediate question was, "is there anyone at the sink"? Which I know is quite odd and impossible as I know there are only 3 of us.

My housemate, being a scaredy cat suddenly stood up looking at me in disbelief asking me to stop teasing her but I told her that there is something by the column going to the sink looking at us. My sister then said there are only 3 of us in the house right now and it can be a burglar as we are just on the 2nd floor of the entire apartment building. But I told them that is not possible as the exit staircase is no longer there due to weather and rusting. I also told them that it is not person based from what I see.

They then asked me what I see and I told them that aside from the white of the eyeballs, everything was just black. I told them it was black as a charcoal and the hair is like that of an afro and the it is almost as tall as the ceiling. It stayed there for a good 2 to 3 minutes as if it was observing someone or something from the house (my guess is that it was looking at the TV as it was the direction of its gaze) before it disappeared. I think all the hairs on my body were standing up during the entire time I was seeing this thing and then everything went back to normal as soon as it disappeared.

The funny thing is I think my sister and our housemate were even more afraid of the thing than I was even though I was the only one that can see it.

I didn't feel any scary aura coming from it. I guess my goosebumps were just due to the fact that I don't know what I was seeing and I can't believe what I was seeing.

And more than ten years from that event, I still don't know what that tall dark thing was.:)

Other hauntings by miyuki23

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, miyuki23, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Fenrispro (58 posts)
 
4 years ago (2020-03-11)
[at] miyuki Do u still check comments? I have a question, since Philippines is mostly catholic in belief why are there still rumours of Aswangs, vampires etc in the woods? Is it very common for people to see them? Wonder why they don't Rip?
RoLeLu (1 stories) (6 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-01-26)
Hmm, looks like these shadow beings come in different forms as well. I've noticed that they are often descrbed as taller than average by most people who've claimed to have witnessed them (including myself). I wonder if they are simply using a device to cloak themselves, as some people theorize that they could be aliens such as the greys and reptillians for example.
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-01-06)
My guess is you had an inquisitive shadow person passing through. From what I have read, it would seem as though not all entities are tied to a specific locale but are instead able to roam more or less as they please - especially shadow people it seems. Though many experiences of shadow people are accompanied by feelings of fear, that also doesn't seem to be a constant across the board.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: