You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Great Grandma Checking On Me

Real Ghost Stories

Great Grandma Checking On Me

 

Let me just start with the history of my house. I have lived in it all my life I am 19 right now. My parent's bought the house when it was new and being built. So has for passed owners hiding secrets I can safely say isn't an issue.

I was about 8 years old, I can't remember the exact month or date. But I can say it wasn't a school night because I was up late playing video games and wasn't trying to be silent so I wouldn't get in trouble.

My bedroom door was open although I usually I have it closed. I find when I open my door more cool air comes in. I was really into my game when for some reason I felt like I was being watched. I paused and looked towards my door where I saw a white figured face peeking around the corner like my mom does when she's checking on me. (So I assumed it was my mom). The hair was poufy and short and the face looked female, after about 2-3 seconds it disappeared. I jumped up out of my banana chair to chase my mom.

My parent's room is across the living room and on the other side of the house. So when I got out of my room and didn't see her walking to her room I was a little confused but went in there to talk to her anyway. When I walked into the room, my mom was asleep, and I hate waking up my parent's, I never have unless something big has happened. I went back to my room, played my game, and fell asleep shortly after.

In the morning I asked my mom why when she checked on me she didn't say something to me. She told me she didn't check on me last night and gave me a confused look I told her my story. She grabbed a picture of my great grandma and asked me if it looked like her, honestly I couldn't tell if it did or not the hair was close to the same but I wasn't sure. She explained how when my older brother was born (he is 3 years older then me) that my great grandma was already dead and she prayed for her to watch over him. At the age of 2 he was talking to what seemed to me an imaginary friend but he would call it grandma, and say things that seemed to relate to her. She said when he turned 3 it almost ended immediately, and she remembered him crying and saying goodbye grandma and he never talked like that again.

I asked if I ever talked to anyone and she told me no. Since then I rarely am in my room with the door open. When I get hot now I open my window. But I have always wondered if that was my great grandma. Why did she talk to my brother, until the age of 3, but never even contact me for all I know until the age of 8?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Utah

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Flyingfsoo, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

TKDJamie (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-29)
Thanks for sharing very interesting. Its really nice that your Great Gramother stopped to cheek on you. 😜
Flyingfsoo (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-29)
That does make a lot sense. I didn't feel threatened all. So I'm going to say it was my great grandma and be happy with the fact she took the time to check on me.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-29)
Well, there are some things you can't answer.

First off, maybe it was your Great Grandmother. Did you feel threatened? I'm sure a little scared. But if you didn't feel threatened and it gave you some kind of comfort, then so be it.

IF this was your Great Grandmother, I wouldn't worry about questioning why she came to you at 8. Be it 8 or 80 it is a blessing to have a loved one that has passed visit you. Perhaps being 8, you were more sensitive or aware of your surroundings than at age 3 (and yes, I know your brother was young... But everyone is different and everyone has their own time)
Does that make sense?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: