You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Old House Was Haunted

Real Ghost Stories

My Old House Was Haunted

 

I had forgotten about this website but found it after being bored as it is the summer holidays. I have decided to put this story up to YGS as I would like to share the experiences my family and I have had in my old house.

The house was quite old, we lived there for 5 years but moved out as the owner was selling the house. I lived there with my mum, step dad, my brother (for a short time) and my two little sisters. We all believe that the house was haunted, all except my step dad who didn't believe in the paranormal.

Many unexplained things happened in that house, many friends of mine had their hair pulled and once I told them about the house being haunted they would no longer want to come over. I'm going to tell you just some off the things that happened in that house.

One of the most haunted place inside the house was the attic. The attic was my brothers bedroom as it was converted. It was always cold in there, even in the summer which is weird as heat rises. We would also hear what sounded like someone pacing up there even if on one was up there. My brother told us about this one time where he came home from work late one night and went to bed. Everything was fine until he was woken up to what sounded like children playing. He thought that maybe it was the morning and there where children outside so he tried to go back to sleep however he felt as though someone was watching him so he opened his eyes and saw a child at the end of his bed. He said that the child kept staring at him until it turned around and disappeared.

Once my brother moved out, my little sister who at the time was 10 moved from sharing a room with me and my little sister to having her own room in the little area below the attic as my mum didn't want anyone up there was she thought it was dangerous. On her first night my sister said that she couldn't sleep as she felt like someone was watching her. She then heard sounds coming from the attic. This freaked her out and she spent the night in our room. She said that she always felt unwanted in that room and whatever was in there didn't want her there. A few months after the experience my sister said she had a dream. In the dream she said she could see a woman in her room but her room looked different. She said that the women hanged herself in the dream. My sister swears that that's the spirit in her room who made the sounds and watched her.

The next spirit I'm going to tell you about is one that I have seen myself. I'm not the only one who has seen this spirit. My mum and sister have both seen him. This spirit seems to be a child who is from the Victorian times, I'm guessing this from what I have seen him wear. He's been seen on the landing (the area between the bedrooms and stairs upstairs) a lot. I have seen him many times in the night when I got up to go to the toilet. I am sure that he was in my room once as well as I thought my sister was getting off bed but he disappeared as he got up!

My sister has seen him once, it was night time (at this time she was still sharing a room with my baby sister and I) I left the door open as I was going to the toilet. Her bed was by the door so if it was open she could see the landing. She says that she saw the boy standing out by the landing. He tipped his hat at her before disappearing. My mum has also seen him many times.

The last thing I'm going to tell you today is one event that happened not long after we moved in. My mum had some fake flowers in a pot. They were dark blue, a lighter blue and a creme colour. She had them so the dark blue was next to the light blue and then the creme was next to the light blue. The spirit didn't like how it was arranged and my mum said that the creme one moved next to the dark blue. My step dad also saw this but says it must of been a draft. However my mum says that here was no draft at the time.

That's all my stories of that house that I'll share with you today. Thank you for reading and please write a comment if you have any questions or just want to talk about the hauntings.

Thanks, Jazz

Other hauntings by Jazzisepic

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Jazzisepic, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Jazzisepic (3 stories) (20 posts)
 
4 years ago (2020-07-08)
Tainted Princess, sorry for the late reply I don't use this much anymore if you still need to use my story for your podcast you can let me know if you do and I'll give the podcast a listen. Stay safe jazz
Taintedprincess (20 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-09-10)
Hi what a great story. I am currently looking for some content to share on my brand new podcast about all things paranormal. Would you mind if I share your story?
Regards Taintedprincess 😁
Jazzisepic (3 stories) (20 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-08-23)
Hey silverthane61,
No the haunts didn't follow me or any of my family members who lived in that house, however we have had new experiences with spirits in the house we live in now. And yes, all of the hauntings have been on the friendly side but as I said in the story, the spirit in my sisters room seemed unfriendly but never cause harm. Thank you for commenting!
silverthane61 (4 stories) (344 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-08-22)
Fascinating! Do these haunts continue to follow you? I presume most of these hauntings have been on the friendly side.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: