You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Volleyball & The Closet

Real Ghost Stories

My Volleyball & The Closet

 

Background: I had never experienced anything paranormal, or even thought of the idea. I was a kid, and anything involving ghosts would keep me up at night. I never had paranormal experiences until a couple years after my grandmother passed away. I think she's connected to it somehow, but I know none of these experiences were her.

My first paranormal experience was when I was about eleven years old. My cousin and I were outside playing with my new volleyball on my trampoline. It was a sunny, cloudless day and we were just being kids. We hit the volleyball too high, and it flew up and over the net surrounding the trampoline. I was laying on my back, sideways, staring out the net at the falling volleyball. Instead of hitting the ground, the volleyball stopped moving at about the height we were sitting on the trampoline (about four feet above the ground). It was like someone had caught the volleyball, yet there was no one. For a split second I thought I saw a black figure standing in the yard holding the ball, but it may have been my eyes playing tricks on me because of the position I was laying in. Anyway, the volleyball threw itself back over the net and onto the trampoline, like someone had thrown it back to us. My cousin and I were so freaked out that neither of us would touch the volleyball. We left it there for the entire day.

My parents eventually made me bring the volleyball back inside. I didn't want to see it, so I hid it in my closet. Over the next year I would begin to think my closet was haunted because the door would open and close randomly. My friends and cousin refused to sleep at my house because they had stayed over previously and witnessed it open or close at night. At that point I was labeled the girl who lived in the haunted house.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, luckyrose13, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-08-23)
Aw, 'tis a shame you didn't engage. Sounds like the ghost just wanted someone to play with! ❤
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-08-09)
Geez! I wish I had known that's the way to prevent kids from asking to come for sleepovers at my place!
...a squeaky closet door opening and closing in the middle of the night!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: