You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: The Chocolate Man

Real Ghost Stories

The Chocolate Man

 

This never directly happened to me. However, last night I was at my neighbours' and a lot of abnormal things kept happening. Our phones kept turning off at 90% (that never happens to me), we kept hearing thuds and the front door opening, we heard talking, and the internet was turned off by the switch (it was only me, my friend and my friend's sister in the house and her sister was asleep) etc. Anyhow, my friend told me her sister keeps talking to no one. She will stare into the air and talk to someone who isn't there. Her sister is currently 4 years old.

When we asked her she said it is the Chocolate Man. She says he doesn't like her or the family that lives in the house and that he hits her, but she likes him because he gives her chocolate. I suspect that she is seeing a ghost that she has subsequently named the Chocolate Man. She is also talking to someone she calls "Mary" but doesn't say much about her.

She described the man as being as tall as me (I'm 5'-10") and being heavily built. He has a square face and a slight bit of stubble. She claims he likes to sit in my friend's and her room and he likes to watch them.

When describing the man to us she began laughing for a few minutes out of nowhere. After this she pointed around 4ft in front of me and said "can I have some chocolate" and held her hand out. After not receiving any chocolate, she got upset and said "sorry". I am worried that they are in danger as the child did say that he hits her.

The houses we live in are very old and were built between 1970s and the 1980s. I have tried to find some history on our houses on the internet but cannot find much.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, bigkris, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
 
4 years ago (2020-01-19)
Hi Kris,

I'm more concerned the young girl may be talking about a living person, not a ghost. She may have a ghost with whom she communicates, or maybe an imaginary friend who's not a ghost. This would explain some of her behaviour in your company. But this hitting might be something else altogether.
Paranormal or not, it's still disturbing. Please talk with your parents about what the girl said, and/or find a way to ask this girl more questions.

This could all be very innocent and nothing to worry about. But in the event it's not, best to cover all bases.
silverthane61 (4 stories) (344 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2019-12-13)
I am curious. Does the entity actually produce chocolate for the girl to eat? If so, then that is truly remarkable. I cannot escape the claim that the entity hits the little girl. If so, then I do not care how friendly he is, he should be stopped.
Cherubim (14 stories) (245 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2019-12-12)
Hmmm, that's really not too old for a house. Of course for a young person such as yourself it would seem so. 😉 But all kidding aside, does the little girl show any marks on her body? I think the reason young children can see spirits/entities more often is because they haven't been conditioned to believe they don't exist. Has anyone there shared with the adults what is happening? Maybe you all should. Sending healing prayers. In case you're interested, here's a video of a young child chatting with a spirit, then she gets quiet. Https://youtu.be/cU21AWVESsg Thank you for sharing your story.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: