You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Chocolate Man

Real Ghost Stories

Chocolate Man

 

This didn't happen to me but my younger cousin. She is about ten years old now but at the time of this experience she was younger than two years old. My aunt has told this story to my family several times, especially when it had just happened. She said how my cousin was seeing some sort of imaginary friend or something in her room.

My cousin would call him the chocolate man; my aunt knew that it had to be some sort of presence since it was a man. My cousin would say how the man would sit in her room. My aunt at first had no idea what to think of it, she thought that maybe my cousin was just imagining things or it was just an average case of children seeing spirits and things like that. My aunt did express how it sort of freaked her out that this "man" seemed to always be in my cousin's room. Some days she would even hear my cousin talking to the "man." There was one experience that sort of frightened my aunt, she said that she was in my cousin room and was putting her in her crib when she decided to ask about the chocolate man. My cousin said that he was just some man that would come in and talk to her, and when my aunt asked where he was now my cousin merely responded with, "he's standing by the door."

Now after some time, I would say either weeks or months my aunt was sorting through pictures and my cousin was by her. My aunt had said that my cousin started looking at some of the pictures with her and when they got to one picture my cousin said "the chocolate man". My aunt said she froze and looked at my cousin and asked if the chocolate man was in the picture. My cousin said yes and pointed to my great uncle. My aunt was overwhelmed with emotion and didn't know what to say or do. (My great uncle isn't really that dark skinned, we're Native American so maybe his complexion seemed darker to her than normal since she has pale skin and blonde hair) The strange thing is that my great uncle had died before my cousin was born, but my aunt was pregnant with her when he was still alive. He did tell my aunt how excited he was for her and that he couldn't wait to meet the baby. But he ended up dying a few months before she was born. Another strange thing is that my cousin and my great uncle share the same birthday. My family thinks that it was his way of seeing and meeting my cousin.

My cousin stopped seeing the chocolate man after that experience and I'm not entirely sure if she has any knowledge of the experiences.

Other hauntings by themiss

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Wisconsin

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, themiss, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

bossymum (2 stories) (10 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-08)
Sometimes the deceased will come to visit their loved ones, especially children. I remeber my niece would cry sometimes in the middle of the night like she was frustrated. My ex-SIL's dad was a Shaman so he would look into it and he told her that it was only her great grandfather that came by to see the baby. The baby would be frustrated because she's trying to sleep and the great grandfather is trying to play with her, so that's why she cries. Before my ex-SIL gave birth to her baby, her grandfather passed away. That explains it.
jesuis88 (1 stories) (23 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-25)
Wonderful story. At first I was worried for your cousin and Aunt, but clearly this is nothing to worry for her. I doubt your cousin remembers any of this, but I'm sure this was touchy and calming event for your Aunt. Thank you for sharing!
DasherFlip (1 stories) (7 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-02)
This didn't seem like a horrible story at all towards the end.
DCinAZ (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2010-11-02)
I love this story and you told it so well. It makes complete sense to me that he came back to see your little cousin, plus you never once mentioned your cousin being afraid of the chocolate man. It was very "sweet". 😉 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: