You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Scratched By A Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Scratched By A Ghost

 

I have read and enjoyed many stories in this site and I thought I too should share mine. It is the only ghostly encounter I had until now. I am 23 years old now and when I experienced it I was only 11. I am from state West Bengal in India and born in Calcutta (capital of West Bengal), but came to Delhi when I was just a year old due to my dad's work in Delhi, so I never actually lived in Calcutta except for my parents and all my cousins and other relatives. Ever since I was a child I used to hear ghost stories or paranormal experiences from my parents and relatives who have lived there. Back then I had a huge interest in ghosts and paranormal but didn't experienced it until I was 11.

My Uncle's wedding was in 2008 so my family obviously had to attend the wedding. It was during the summer time probably June or July. We had summer holidays from school so without worrying we packed our bags, and went straight to Calcutta to attend the wedding. I had a cousin who was 6 years old and we were best friends. So, whilst staying there, one day, my cousin's dad took me, my cousin and my two brothers for a walk outside to enjoy because we were bored at home. It was evening time and already dark.

My two brothers were walking on front chattering about video games and other stuff and me and my cousin were walking in middle with my cousin's dad behind us. Anyone who lives there knows that there are many old narrow alleys which you can take shortcuts. So, we went to one of those narrow dark alleys. Suddenly while walking at one particular spot I felt I was being watched by someone, not my cousin's dad who was behind us. It was like someone watching me angrily and didn't want me to walk past from there. I felt like it was someone invisible walking beside/behind me watching me angrily.

Then suddenly I felt someone pushed me and I looked back but saw nothing except my cousin's dad but he was a few feet away from me and couldn't have done it. And then I felt a burning sensation on my back. Still I continued to walk but again I got pushed a little and felt another burning sensation on my back. I still had the feeling of being watched until I came out from that alley. My cousin was also pushed. It was a very strong burning sensation and was bothering me a lot but I didn't tell anyone.

I was scared but still I pretended that nothing happened. After coming home I felt normal. After the wedding we ended up staying there for few more days then came back to Delhi and by that time schools were already open. So I went to school next day and came back home and whilst I was changing clothes I felt three long scratches on my back, there were two sets of them. I showed it to my mom. She saw it too and asked me how it happened and I said I don't know. But then I remembered about the alley, and told her about it. She said it was probably an angry ghost or demon. What do you guys think it was? And was I scratched only? Why was the ghost/demon angry with me?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, BlossomLily, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Rajine (14 stories) (734 posts)
 
3 years ago (2021-03-07)
It's believed that evil entities leaves its mark on a person, I and a few people I know have experienced three line scratch marks on our backs mainly some on the neck and other places where it would be impossible for us to scratch ourselves
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
+4
3 years ago (2020-11-23)
Dear blossom,
খুব গুলবাজি হচ্চে 😜
Thanks for sharing your experience. Must have been a scary one in such a tender age!
If possible, please share the location or area, where your paternal house is/was.

চালিয়ে যাও।

Regards
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2020-11-06)
BlossomLily - It is a known fact that some nasty spirits do harm people in the way you have described. Do I believe that this could have happened to you? For lack of a logical explanation, yes I can absolutely believe it.

Regards, Melda
BlossomLily (1 stories) (6 posts)
+4
3 years ago (2020-11-05)
Hey, Ishan, Believe it Or not, My cousin's dad has always been a weird kind of guy. I rarely talked to him or spent time with him. Probably he was annoyed of my cousin constantly begging him to pick him up. I didn't asked him why he refused to pick him up. Throughout our walk he seldom talked.

He doesn't really believe in paranormal stuff and he did not have any idea that the alley was haunted. That's why he took that shortcut so we could reach home early.

I didn't bring those points up as I needed more clarity and opinions from others about those scratches only as to why those scratches appeared later and whether It was a ghost or not, as I didn't wanted to believe completely on my relative's discussion.

My memory has never been good. That's why I later on remembered about my two brother's talk. Actually I was so focused on my experience that I didn't wrote about their part. And I thought It was not much important.

To be honest with you, when I was writing about my brother's and relative's part on comments, I felt that people will not believe it as I was writing it only when someone was asking. But I decided to write it anyways.

It's totally fine with me if you don't believe it. I just wanted opinions regarding why the scratches appeared later and was that a work of the spirits or not, If not spirits or ghosts then how did I got those scratches and the burning sensation?

But Also, I would never post any fake story on any website.
BlossomLily (1 stories) (6 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2020-11-05)
Hey, The_Morrighan, Yes it maybe possible, that sort of thing happened. But It wasn't a painless scratch to be honest. I felt strong burning sensation and even after coming back home I still had a little bit of sensation on my back.
The_Morrighan (2 stories) (44 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2020-10-31)
Hello and thank you for sharing this encounter. I do have one thought - I wonder if an entity had temporarily attached itself to you (almost as though a bungee cord stretched from where the incident took place, to your home thus allowing attachment for a while before it was 'pinged' back) and scratched you at your home several days after the wedding. You wouldn't necessarily have felt it happening. I say this as incidences of strange scratches appearing without pain are well documented.

All the best.
ishan (1 stories) (36 posts)
+1
3 years ago (2020-10-25)
Hi BlossomLily,
Interesting experience you had there.
Honestly, I find it a bit weird on your uncle's part to take kids for a part knowing fully how Haunted that area was. To add to that, you mentioned that your little brother was super freaked out upon entering that particular alley and wanted his dad to pick him up but he refused to do so. Who does that? Sorry I'm not buying that.

Now in my opinion, it seems that you're trying quite hard to portray this story as true and make believe that mentioned incident was paranormal in nature.

Why I believe so? Maybe because there are many points and facts which which you failed to bring up in story and mentioned only when someone asked you something. So it obviously looks made up.

Again, I'm just putting my views. No disrespect intended.

Regards,
Ishan
BlossomLily (1 stories) (6 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2020-10-22)
Hey Melda,
Yes, It maybe possible that he remember about the incident.

But talking to him is impossible as I said his mother doesn't allow him to talk to anyone in our family and also he and his family are not close to us anymore as they used to be when I was a kid.

I would rather investigate about that area myself if I go there.
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2020-10-22)
BlossomLily - It is very possible that your cousin does remember the incident but, like you, thought that he wouldn't be believed.

Take a long shot and ask him!

Regards, Melda
BlossomLily (1 stories) (6 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2020-10-22)
Yes, I didn't had any proof at that time as the scratches didn't appeared immediately, so I thought it was foolish to discuss this incident with anyone.
It is up to you to believe this or not, I do not force anyone to believe my experience.

I never went to Calcutta again to attend any other wedding or event after my Uncle's wedding. So, it's been 12 years since I went there.

Unfortunately, I never got the opportunity to discuss this with my little cousin as his mother didn't allowed him to talk to anyone in our family for whatever reasons. I never talked even on phone with my cousin in these 12 years after coming back from Uncle's wedding. He is 18 now and he probably won't remember that incident I am guessing as he was too young and he has changed a lot too in personality as I got to hear about him from other relatives and cousins.

When I strain my memory back to that incident, I remember more of it like, I remember my two brothers who were on front chattering, they said that they felt someone touching them. And they thought It was my little cousin as he was behind them with me. But I did not see my little cousin touching them. I don't remember exactly whether they were pushed or not.

I think the area/alley was haunted as I did overheard my relatives talking about the area/alley because they asked my cousin's dad of where he took us for a walk, and he told them about (this particular area, I don't remember the name), and they were talking about how haunted that area is.

If I ever go to Calcutta again I would definitely inquire about this alley/area and will update my experience.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2020-10-21)
BlossomLily:

"I was just scared and felt stupid to discuss this incident, as I didn't had any proof at that time to present them that I was scratched by demonic entity."

So far, you have no proof that this was a "demonic entity", please do not think that I discarding your experience but, in my opinion, it's too premature to assume that what you encounter was a demon.

Have you tried talking to your little cousin about that day? I supposed that, if he too was scratched, his mother would have noticed the marks while giving him a bath. It's possible that he still remembers an event that shocking.

Do your relatives still live in that area? Do you know if they have heard of other people experiencing similar encounters in that alley? I'm sure the inhabitants of the alley would be talking about these encounters.

Now that you are older, this might be the right time to do some research on that alley and find out if there's an explanation for your experience.
BlossomLily (1 stories) (6 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2020-10-21)
Hey Melda, thanks for your comment.
Actually to this date I am also confused as to why the scratches appeared later, or perhaps, I was so busy into my uncle's wedding that I didn't noticed it? But I believe that the scratches appeared a few days after the incident.

But Also, when we came back from alley I did examined my back to see if something was there or not because of the burning sensation I still had a little bit after coming back, but my back was plain and normal, No sign of scratches, so it is possible that the scratches appeared later. And I felt kind of relieved that nothing happened and it was probably my imagination. But I have to say that the burning sensation was very very strong.

Yes, I didn't shared this story with anyone as I thought no one would believe in it, and adults would probably brush it off as kid's imagination. I didn't discussed this with my cousin since he was much younger than me and also was quite scared himself.

Although My family is a huge believer in spirits and ghosts and they themselves has experienced a lot of paranormal activity, but I was just scared and felt stupid to discuss this incident, as I didn't had any proof at that time to present them that I was scratched by demonic entity.

I also noticed that when we were walking in that alley, my cousin was frightened and was begging his dad to pick him up in his arms, but his dad refused.
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2020-10-21)
BlossomLily - It is such a well documented fact that people do get scratched by unfriendly spirits that I definitely will not discount your experience.

It is also very interesting that you were the only female present, although both you and your male cousin were pushed. It's a pity that you didn't confide in each other about how it affected both of you. Then again you were very young and it's easier to say that you tripped over our own feet rather than try to explain that something otherworldly gave you a shove!

You say you felt that you were being pushed and I tend to believe you. I also believe the burning sensation that you felt and this is said to be quite painful.

The one thing that does perplex me (as lady-glow has mentioned) is why it took you a few days to see the scratches. When you talk about a few days, that indicates more than two. Perhaps you can explain that?

Regards, Melda
BlossomLily (1 stories) (6 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2020-10-20)
Thanks lady-glow for reading my story.

!) This happened when I was 11 years old and now I am 23 years old. So when I discovered the scratches it was dried not fresh. I have no Idea whether my cousin (boy) was scratched or not. I am guessing probably not. Never asked him or anyone regarding this.

2) I was pushed like it was out of balance yes. My uncle did asked when I was pushed, as I looked back to see who pushed me then he did asked 'what happened', but I said Nothing as I didn't see anyone and I thought I probably tripped from stones on floor. So he has no Idea what happened with me and I never told this incident to anyone except my mom.

3) I never played outside with anyone, nor when I was at my uncle's wedding nor in Delhi. So I am confident about it. The scratches were long and looked like someone with sharp nails has done it.

4) After coming back from wedding a few days later only I noticed but the scratches were there completely visible, not hazy but dried. But what about the burning sensation? I got pushed two times and got two burning sensation each time of push.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2020-10-18)
Welcome to YGS.

How many days had passed since the incident at the alley and the day you discovered the scratches on your back? Where the scratches fresh or were already dried and forming a scab? Do you know if your cousin got scratched too?

Hi BlossomLily.

I imagine how unnerving it most have been to be pushed by an unseen force, I'm curious about your uncle's reaction when this happened. Didn't he asked if you were okay? Were you kids pushed to the point of loosing your balance or was it more of a touch?

Would it be possible that you got the scratches while playing or doing something else? I am asking this because, in my opinion, it's odd that you had not noticed the marks on your back before going back to Delhi. Based on your narrative, it seems like several days had passed and, surely, you must have showered and changed clothes few times before seen the scratches.

Is your little cousin a boy or a girl? If a girl, perhaps the ghost disapproved of little girls being outside at that time in the evening.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: