You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Kiddo

Real Ghost Stories

Kiddo

 

It's been a while since the last time I submitted a story. I'm lovebugs and I'm also the author of "Abducted by elemental Entities", "Christmas break chills" and a few more stories you might want to out.

I'm now 29 and now have a family of my own. The story I'm about to share is my experience which took place in our previous apartment way back 2016.

You see, we lived in an apartment somewhere in Cainta city, Philippines. The place was simple. It has a small kitchen, bathroom, bedroom and a living room which has enough space for the furniture and all but we didn't have much things back then so we decided to sleep in the living room. We set up our television and mattress. It's cozy, the windows were always open at night so the cold breeze could fill the whole living room.

I arranged some baby pillows around my daughter one night, looking at her while she sleeps was so calming. I caught her smiling and I wonder what she's dreaming.

Me and my partner, Ray, have been working in the BPO industry for years. Our body clock follow our usual shift schedules so it's always been pretty hard for us to fall asleep at night. It's 2am and we're still wide awake. Eating snacks while watching a movie we've seen a dozen of times. We then talked about the most recent accident that happened on the second floor, a 1 year old kid fell down the stairs. Damaged its head, fractured its bones and was of course, rushed to the hospital. I told Ray how sorry I felt for both the parents and the baby. I then got up to grab a stick of Marlboro black from its box. It was empty. Realizing that we just run out of our mentholated sticks, I had no choice but to buy some from the nearest store... And yes, at 2am. I dressed up a white shirt and a longer shorts. Our apartment was in the 3rd floor so I still had to go down the wooden stairs. I then went to the store, bought the cigars and headed straight home.

Out of force of habit, I looked up at our unit as I walked passed the cars at the parking lot just outside the building. I can see our terrace and front door. I then looked back down to watch my step and when I almost reached the gate, I looked up again... There's this kid holding the terrace grill, so young and small. I even blinked to see if I'm seeing this right. Her dark black eyes was staring back down at me... I panicked, it was my daughter! She might have gotten out of our unit. I rushed upstairs, my heart was beating so fast that I can almost hear it. When I got there... Gone. She's gone. Without a trace.

I walked slowly towards our unit's front door. I opened it and there... I saw my daughter, still asleep and on the same position when I left her.

"Did Althea get up? I saw her at the terrace." I asked Ray. He then looked at me with this puzzled look on his face and answered "What?". "Yeah, I just saw her that's why I rushed in." The still puzzled expression on his face clearly answers my question. No doubt. I was about to get out to investigate but when I reached the knob, that's when I realized... My daughter is 8 months old, she still can't walk. And what's more, she can't possibly reach and turn the door knob. The kid I saw was taller and older than my daughter.

My heart was beating so fast. I knew what I saw. It was clear and solid. I can't say if it's pale white but she's totally looking back at me with her chinky black eyes. Just black. No pupil, No Conjunctiva. Just Black. I didn't even wonder cause my daughter has long eyelashes and it was dark.

But I was somehow relieved and I think it's better to be something else than my daughter and no, I know what you're thinking. The kid that fell down the stars is still alive.

Months later, It's around 7pm and I was preparing myself for work. Took a quick selfie, the doorway and the terrace can be seen behind me in the photo. I soon uploaded it on Facebook as a profile photo. Soon after I uploaded it, one of my closest friend posted a comment, "May bata sa likod mo. (There's a kid behind you.) ". I looked at the photo again. I almost dropped my phone. The kid in the photo, is the exact same kid I saw at the terrace. Those same black eyes. You might think it reminds you of a character in a horror movie. But I swear, this is 100% real.

Other hauntings by lovebugs16

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lovebugs16, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
2 years ago (2022-03-28)
Dear Lovebugs16

I agree good entities do not have black eyes. This one is messing with you, maybe in the form of a child even. I would suggest doing a simple prayer each morning and each night first. Even if it's not to a religious figure, pray to THE LIGHT.
When we feed something fear, it grows. When we have faith, in ourselves even, it is harder for things to get close.
What if, this caused that child to fall? Just throwing ideas out there.
From my own experiences, I have learned that having faith helps. Doesn't matter what the faith is. Just believe and KNOW this is YOUR realm. And it has no right to be there.

Also doing vision work helps. To protect the home, as you pray to your ancestors or the Light, envision a small light and let that light grow until it is all your mind can see. Then imagine that light cover your entire building. And think "i thank the light and my guides, for protecting my home. Only goodness can come through. All negative entities must leave".

All this is free and harmless to do. The more you believe in your protection, the less I hope you will encounter this. We all have a Light that burns within.
All the best.

Notjustme
lovebugs16 (5 stories) (43 posts)
+1
2 years ago (2022-03-24)
[at] Valkricry:

Hi! Yes, I understand and that's completely okay. I admit I didn't really proofread prior to submitting 😂 But again, I promise to write better next time:)

Thanks! ♥️
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
2 years ago (2022-03-24)
lovebugs, yes the stories are filtered and edited up to a point. But since our editors are humans, a typo or syntax error might slip through. That's one of the reasons the submission guidelines state to write to the best of your ability. Trust me, many do not even proofread prior to submitting and it shows😐 Run on sentences, or (worse in my book) using ellipses (...) as if they are the ONLY punctuation! UGH! I wouldn't mind if used correctly (as you did) but... (😜 See what I did there?) And don't get me started on spelling, or the use of txt talk or symbols instead of typing out the word.
Sorry about the tirade, please don't take it personally. I think I may have read one too many tonight that made my eyes want to bleed. 😉
lovebugs16 (5 stories) (43 posts)
 
2 years ago (2022-03-24)
Hi Rachel9997,

Thanks for dropping a comment:) Nope. I never asked around about the kid, though I told this story to our neighbor next door and she has experiences of her own with other entities including the one I recently shared here in the comment section.

I just realized that there are typo errors and I'm really sorry about that. I thought the stories here are being filtered and edited. I believe it affects the quality of the story delivery.I'll write better next time 😉
Rachel9997 (4 stories) (27 posts)
+1
2 years ago (2022-01-23)
Hi lovebugs16,

You definitely know that this "Kiddo" is real because your friend saw it in the photo. Have you or any of your neighbors seen it anywhere else around the building or only the terrace? Were the black eyes the only feature you could see?
lovebugs16 (5 stories) (43 posts)
 
2 years ago (2022-01-23)
Hi Rajine and BaiAnina,

Thanks for reading my story. I actually submitted the photo along with the story, I'm not sure why it wasn't posted. I don't know how can I share the photo. If you have any suggestions then I'll be glad to try it out.

I never asked around about the child. I actually have a couple more experiences in the apartment. There are 2 units on the third floor, me and my neighbor would often hear a "psst" sound like someone's calling our attention. Her husband once got annoyed. He slammed the door when he got inside their unit. He then asked his wife why was she kept calling his attention while he was chatting with our neighbors from the other floors downstairs. His wife said she wasn't calling him, infact she just got out of the shower.
BaiAnina (3 stories) (41 posts)
+2
2 years ago (2022-01-21)
If the kid who fell down the stairs is still alive, my guess is that this spirit could be the cause of why the kid fell in the first place... Like what Rajine said, it does feel like a malevolent spirit.

If it's alright with you, could you share to us the photo? I'm honestly intrigued...
Rajine (14 stories) (734 posts)
+3
2 years ago (2022-01-17)
Hi lovebugs16

I'd definitely be creeped out by this incident, have you spoken to your neighbors about any child passing on?

However the way you described the eyes I feel it might be malevolent, "good" spirits in my opinion and experience don't have plain black eyes, that actually sounds evil.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: