You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: Mommy, I Just Saw Kiddo

Real Ghost Stories

Mommy, I Just Saw Kiddo

 

To those unfamiliar with my stories, I live in a house inhabited by four spirits. This particular telling is of Adam, or Kiddo as we used to call him before he let me know what his name is, who is the only one who is bound to the house as he burned to death in the room he now sees as his sanctuary. He seems to be around 4 years old. There is a picture of him on my profile. He is a very shy little boy, rarely shows himself, and loves it when the twins play in his room. He does interact, but only when he feels like doing so, and not when he is taken by surprise.

One Sunday afternoon in March 2014, I had been busy re-arranging things in my room, when my son H came running into my room exclaiming, "Mommy, I just saw Kiddo!" He had a look of fright mixed with amazement on his face.

I asked him what exactly he saw and he explained that he had been playing cowboys and crooks, he was sitting on the treadmill behind the couch and he had a toy gun in his hands. His back was turned toward the doorway that has Adam's room doorway directly to its right, and when he turned around and headed out, he saw Adam standing in the doorway of his room. H explained that "Kiddo was gone quick as a mouse." This was so cute I could not help but giggle at the way he said it.

I sent Tim a message and told him what had happened and he said that Adam had not expected to be seen and when H did see him Adam got a fright and leaped into his room. Ironically the spirit ran away scared and the human tried to find him. In retrospect, H was carrying a toy gun, it could have been what scared Adam.

Other hauntings by triden07

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, triden07, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

LemonDrop_Pop (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-10)
Triden,Thank you for sharing this story. I cannot see him in the picture. But as long as you do that's all that matters.
johnnycashmuse (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-12)
Triden07,
Lovely story. Poor little Adam, what cruelty he was delt in life no child should have to know and see. Thankfully he has you and your family to be his new family. And he clearly looks up to you. H startled him that's all.

Love the photo you took of him in the room. He is very cute.

JACQUIE.
triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-19)
Hey everyone! Thanks for the comments!

Val,
He definitely did end up with a disfigured face due to the fire. When I look at his picture, I see this little "cupie-doll" face looking at me, when Tim looks at it, he sees the scars. Tim told me that Adam did not want me to see him like he was after he burned, just as you pointed out.

Summer1811,
When you look at the blue bin in the top, righthand corner of the room, he is sitting inside the bin. His back is to the right of the picture, he is looking directly at me over his left shoulder, his shoulder only barely comes up over the rim of the bin, and he has his left leg slung over the side of the bin as well. It look me over an hour of focussing with all my might to eventually see him sitting there. So don't worry, the little guy is exceptionally shy, he hides himself well.
MandyyNicole (7 stories) (183 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-18)
I love your stories, but my heart always aches for the poor little boy who passed away in the fire. I am glad you and your family live there and have adopted him as a "member". <3
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-05-15)
Hi Triden,
Adam's jumping into his room was probably more from his shyness than any real fear. Or perhaps he had not noticed H and just got startled by his sudden appearance. Another thought I had - my impression was that Adam's face was disfigured in the fire. He has this fear that if he showed himself to you, you'd find him 'too ugly' and send him away? Perhaps he has extended this feeling to the twins as well? It's just a random thought I had.
summer1811 (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-15)
Hey, nice story but I don't see anything in the picture in the room with the boxes and stuff. Sorry. Maybe you can you point it out to me. Thanks

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: