You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Unexpected Guest

Real Ghost Stories

The Unexpected Guest

 

This incident just happened recently when my aunt died due to colon cancer at the night of the mother's day celebration.

Ate Jen and I had just gotten home from Sunday mass when we saw my niece, mom and my sister were all dressed up.

"Where are you goin'?" I asked.

"We're going to go visit 'chang' Thelma," my niece answered.

"At this time of night? It's already 9:30PM you know. Why so sudden?"

Until I saw my mom crying as she grabbed the IPad from the table. "Your aunt Thelma just passed away." And for a second or so, I was frozen. Not in fear but in grief. Her smiles and laughter suddenly flashed back into my brain. We all felt desolated by her sudden death. She was kind, gentle and simple, that's how we all going to remember her.

So they drove off to Sampaloc, Manila (Philippines) where my aunt's funeral was located. Soon after they had left, we decided to have our late dinner. And that was when the "unexpected guest" showed up.

We were having our usual dinner conversations, talking about how 'chang' (aunt) Thelma seemed healthy when she last visited our home a few months back. When something caught ate Jen's attention at the window that surely made her looked so pale. She stood up to check if there was anyone outside "Gab? Is that you? Come on in, the door isn't locked." she said as she opened the door to let him in. What she found out made her spine tingled... There was no one outside, Nothing but my mom's plants. If ever Gab has already gotten home we would've heard the steel gate opened.

She almost fainted, I can clearly see her terrified face as she made her way back to the table.

I asked her "What? Who is it?"

"I saw someone peeped through the window. I was only able to see half of its' face. I thought it was Gab again trying to scare the hell out of us as he always does. It was still visible as I walked towards the door to check on it and the creepiest part of it was, It was actually LOOKING BACK at me as I made my way to the front door."

I felt my heart raced but I still tried to be upbeat. "Maybe it was just your imagination. You know, from watching too much horror movies."

"How can that be!? We stopped watching those movies ages ago, remember?"

We laughed and tried to shrug off the crap out of us. After having our dinner, we then cleaned up the table and decided to buy something for midnight snacks in a nearby store, just a few blocks away from our house. I then put my daughter to sleep as soon as we gotten home.

Hours later. Ate Jen started hearing my daughter's voice calling out for her from upstairs while she was comfortably sitting on one of the staircases. She went into our room to check on her but to her surprise my daughter was sound asleep. She also exclaimed that she surely saw a white silhouette just passing by across the doorway outside our room since she just left the room door ajar.

We believe that ate Jen's quite "sensitive". She can sometimes hear and see these entities. One of the most terrifying experience she ever had was the accident that took place last year. When her husband's best friend was drowned at a certain beach resort in Bulacan, Philippines. She saw it. She saw the incident. That's why the man was up for her to make his anger felt. Which is of course another different story to begin with.

Other hauntings by lovebugs16

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lovebugs16, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-01)
Very sweet story. These family ones are so comforting, aren't they? Thanks much.
lovebugs16 (5 stories) (43 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-31)
"ate" doesn't literally mean "sister". We also use this term to address stranger women in the Philippines as a simplest sign of respect:)
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-30)
Miracles - HAHAhaha "ate Jen? Or Jen ate...?" 😕 oh thank goodness for our good ol google pal, my pleasure.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
10 years ago (2014-07-30)
notjustme - LOL when I was editing this, the first time "ate" was used I thought it was the infamous autocorrect doing its thing but when it was used again, I knew it was deliberate so I Googled 😆

Thanks for sharing that with our members. It saves a lot of huhs? 😉
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-30)
Thank you for your story. For members wondering what "ate" means, it is sister in Filipino, I know because of friends =)

I believe your aunt was just coming home to say goodbye one last time. In chinese superstition, they say the soul always comes back within the first 7 days of their passing. Just a thought. Thanks again! And so sorry for your loss. She sounded wonderful.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: